The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
5-1 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
5-1 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
5-1 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
5-1 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
5-1 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
5-1 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
5-1 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
5-1 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
5-1 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

5-1 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5-1

5-1 Empty 5-1

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10 2009, 08:31

Well all told an emphatic performance and nice that Lennon was so involved and got MOM award (no surprises from Tedward eh ?) . The defence still looks shaky and I wonder if it is Upson? At times it looks as though they are not sure who should take responsibility for balls coming thro' the centre. Johnson needs to work on his defending but I think he has the ability. Lampard & Gerrard getting 2 goals each will make it difficult for the doubters to knock their selection. At least I now know what I will be doing next June. Buying loadsa beer & sitting on the sofa lol. We aint good enough yet to win the World Cup but hope reigns eternal & deep joy the sweatys lost again hahahahahahahaha . . . . . . .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

5-1 Empty Re: 5-1

Post by SuneJim Fri Sep 11 2009, 01:29

I have always said they can't play together,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that was when they where in the middle together. Because they are both so much better attacking than defensively, that to get one to sit back & hold was taking away there best ability so negating there worth to the team. Now that statement i still firmly believe. But with Fat Fwank in the middle & Stevie (The Thief) Gerrard out wide left it does work in that way. But you need the holding player in there to get it to work.

It was a satisfying result that's for sure after suffering what we did under Steve McClueless,,,,,,,,,, last time the Croat's came to Town. We just simply steamrollered them & it was a joy to behold. They just didn't seem to have a clue how to handle us.

Lennon was superb & can't have done his chances any harm to keep that place. Good run for the penalty & a pinpoint cross for the second goal. Even the press have embraced him & made him man of the match. I was waiting for someone to say he over hit that cross & he was lucky Gerrard was coming in round the back.

As for the Heskey, Defoe debate we'd have been coming in at half time 4-0 up if Defoe was on the pitch. Plus i thought Heskey was in there to get the ball & hold it up,,,, he didn't. Plus he was there to supply knock on's well what was the point,,,,,,,,, Rooney never made a run past so the ball always ended up with the Keeper. Therefore losing possession so why did we bother with him.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 18:13