The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Togo Attack.

Togo Attack.

Post by BazSpur on Sun Jan 10 2010, 03:33

Just been reading about the attack from suspected terrorists on the bus carrying the Togo team. What the hell is happening in the World when a coach carrying a football team is attacked? Its just to bring attention to themselves. 2 players were wounded and the driver was killed. I find that a terrible indictment on the World we live in. Its not enough to blow people up in the streets we now attack sportsmen as well. I hope the two who were wounded make a speedy recovery I feel so sorry for the Drivers family, after all he was just doing his job. An update on the news has said that 3 people have now died.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Re: Togo Attack.

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 10 2010, 03:59

It's a bit like the Sri Lanken cricket team Baz. Do we know the attackers were terroists or were they maybe pirates/outlaw types ? I don't blame them pulling out or teams calling for players to be released, though for the sake of the competiton & not giving into violence I hope this dosen't happen. What will this do for June when the World Cup starts ? Crazy world we live in . . . . . .

Post by BazSpur on Sun Jan 10 2010, 04:17

They are suspected of being terrorists Vis. I fear for players in South Africa too mate. What a World we live in eh? Togo have just said they will now remain in the competition.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 10 2010, 07:07

Baz just been watching Sky News and they say Togo have withdrawn (Adabadhairday is allegedley Manchester bound as we speak). You can't blame 'em but if only they had stayed. This sends a message to the "badman" that such tactics will not work. Togo would have had the support & goodwill of ALL football fans & the competition could have gone on and been a great healer. How does this now affect the competition I wonder . . . . . .

Post by BazSpur on Sun Jan 10 2010, 07:51

Thats Sad that some sad people can force a football competition to its knees. As I say you just wonder if anything will go down in SA.

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 11 2010, 04:23

Still looks they are leaving the competition Baz. Real shame me thinks. I hope they do stay but I doubt it . For the sake of Football I hope they stay but who can blame anyone after being shot at for quitting . .. . .. ..

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 11 2010, 09:24

For once me and the myopic one see things the same. Glad to see he's looking at the wider view rather than just his own intrests & hopes the tournament continues . . . . . ..

Premier League managers are divided over whether their players at the Africa Cup of Nations should return to the UK after the Togo team bus attack.
    Hull boss Phil Brown told The Sun: "I have two players on duty [in Angola] and I want them home."
    Portsmouth said their players should return if security at the tournament could not be guaranteed.
    But Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and Everton's David Moyes both said the attack should not halt the competition.
    Wenger, who has Ivory Coast's Emanuel Eboue and Cameroon's Alex Song on international duty in Angola, said the tournament should go on.
    "I don't believe you just can stop a competition as it rewards the people who provoke the incident and means any competition is stoppable at any time," he said.

"The international federation has to make sure the security is good enough."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18 2017, 04:40