The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bill Nicholson Quotes. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bill Nicholson Quotes. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Bill Nicholson Quotes.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Bill Nicholson Quotes. Empty Bill Nicholson Quotes.

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 15 2009, 02:25

FROM BILL
    "If you don't win anything, you
    have had a bad season."

"Spurs have got to be the best in
    the land, not the second best."
    "I always said that it was an honour to serve Tottenham Hotspur and I feel the same every time I walk back into the stadium."
    "When it is played at its best football remains the greatest game of all. And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club."
    "Naturally I'm a Tottenham man. So far as football is concerned, it means almost everything, doesn't it really? Because I can reflect back to being a player with, and manager of some of the finest players that have ever been in the game."
    "Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."
    "The public can't be kidded. They know what they want to see, what is good and what is bad and what is just average. At least I believe they do."
    "If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
    "We must always consider our supporters, for without them there would be no professional football. It would be better to have more fans watching football the way they like it played, rather than have a few fans watching football the way we would like it played."
    "...intelligence doesn't make you a good footballer. Oxford and Cambridge would have the best sides if that were true. It's a football brain that matters and that doesn't usually go with an academic brain. In fact I prefer it when it doesn't. I prefer players not to be too good or clever at other things. It means they concentrate on football."
    "It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
    and I love the club."

"It's no use just winning, we've got to win well."
    "There's no use being satisfied when things
    are done wrongly. I want perfection."

"It's magnificent to be in Europe, and this club - a club like Tottenham Hotspur - if we're not in Europe.... we're nothing. We're nothing."
    "It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have
    set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 16:19