The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Harry early favourite for England

Poll

who should be the next England manager?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 2

Harry early favourite for England

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09 2010, 22:17

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has emerged as one of the early favourites to replace Fabio Capello in the England hot seat (Redknapp 7/2 – Next England Manager) after the Italian confirmed he will step down after Euro 2012.
    The Three Lions have made an impressive start to their qualification campaign to reach Poland and Ukraine in two years’ time with opening Group G wins against Bulgaria and Switzerland, scoring seven goals and conceding only one in the process.
    However, 64-year-old Italian tactician, Capello, insists that he will be ready to retire after the Euro 2012 finals regardless of how England fare should they qualify (England 8/1 Outright).
    He said: “We have to qualify first of course but after that I will be too old.
    “I want to enjoy my life as a pensioner.”
    The Football Association has already revealed that it wants an Englishman to take over from Capello which is why Redknapp has emerged as an early frontrunner following his success in guiding Tottenham to this season’s Champions League.
    However, Northern Irishman Martin O’Neill (7/2) is joint favourite having recently quit as Aston Villa boss with current Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce at (9/2). Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson (15/2) and Alan Shearer (8/1) follow, while Guus Hiddink (12/1) is the most prominent foreigner on the list.

Re: Harry early favourite for England

Post by BazSpur on Thu Sep 09 2010, 23:00

We'll keep Redknapp thanks.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10 2010, 01:44

Always been my fear that we could lose 'arry to England. I can see Cappello going sooner as at the 1st sign of a bad performance the meeja will jump on him and accuse him of not caring and look to have him removed. As for voting in the poll, hmmmmmmmmm I like the idea of Big Mart lol. I wonder if Shearer would get the popular vote even tho' he was crap at the Barcodes ? I admire Hodgson as a manager but I'm going for Pearce. The spell with the U-21's and working alongside Cappello will, IMO, have been a good learning experience for him. Also as International management is not the same as club management his lack of managerial experience should not go against him . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10 2010, 01:48

This from London evening standard Mike McGrath

I would love to take over from Fabio Capello, says Harry Redknapp

arry Redknapp admitted again today he would find it impossible to turn down England if he was offered Fabio Capello's job in 2012.

The Tottenham boss was installed as the bookmakers' favourite to take over from Capello after the Italian confirmed last night he would be leaving his post at the end of the European Championship campaign.

Redknapp said: “If it happened, I've always said that if you're an Englishman it would be hard to turn it down because it is the pinnacle of your career. I suppose there are not many English managers around so I'll always get a mention, along with a few of the other lads. I just want to see us do well.”

With England having also been managed by Swede Sven-Goran Eriksson, two of the team's last three bosses have been foreign.

The Football Association announced last month that the next manager would be English — a decision that delights Redknapp.

“Why do the English coaches bother doing their badges and all the work if they are never going to get a chance to manage at the top level?” said the 63‑year-old.

“I would love to see an Englishman get the job when he does go. There are people out there who could do the job.”

There were calls for Capello to quit in the wake of England's disastrous World Cup but the pressure on the manager has eased following a flying start to the Euro 2012 qualifiers.

The 4-0 demolition of a poor Bulgaria side was followed by Tuesday's 3-1 win in Switzerland, a match which had been seen as potentially the toughest for England in their group.

Redknapp said: “We did well against Switzerland. It was a good week in terms of both games but we have to make sure we get to the championships and perform this time. That's the key.”

The boss is counting the cost of those victories, though, as Jermain Defoe will be out for six weeks and Michael Dawson at least two months after picking up injuries. Centre-half Dawson was hurt against Bulgaria while striker Defoe had to come off in the Switzerland game.

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10 2010, 08:06

Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce have both thrown their hats into the ring for the England job when Fabio Capello retires in 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310611/Bruce-Allardyce-want-England-job--Redknapp-wouldnt-refuse-it.html?#ixzz0z4JlYu7Q

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10 2010, 09:56

Thats scary Max. Bruce & Alladyce has tones of McLaren or Taylor all over again . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10 2010, 09:59

Taylor " do i not like orange?" old turnip head. very scary indeed

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10 2010, 10:01

Post by DJSR on Sat Sep 11 2010, 00:00

Martin O'Neil's a free agent, Harry's happy where he is and has signed a new Spurs contract till 2013 afro cheers

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 11 2010, 02:42

well bruce isnt doing to well at sunderland even after spending loads and having a good team.

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 11 2010, 04:40

Lought how can you say that when he has Darren Bent at his disposal lol . . . .. .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17 2017, 08:49