The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends



Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery


Affiliates

Log in

I forgot my password


    Adel...........

    Share

    Adel...........

    Post by HotspurRoper on Sun Nov 28 2010, 06:22

    .... cost me £1100 today the horrible cnut!!!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Sun Nov 28 2010, 06:59

    haha that was silly. y back aganst the team whos top. i been going on about how good adel is. at this rate there wil be a dvd out of all hes class goals.

    its a shame for you that livermoor bentley gio or keane wasnt playin for qpr as they wouldnt have scored that goal
    avatar
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by SuneJim on Sun Nov 28 2010, 10:48

    Lought we all know he's more than capable of moments of complete class & has been for seasons,,,,,,,, but there in lies the problem Mate MOMENTS Mate.

    Dave knows a season ticket holder that confirms what i've heard from a couple of my QPR mates, Taarabt has them pulling there hair out, he's an enigma he'll play 4 good games out of 10 & for at least 3 of them you wouldn't even realise he's on the pitch.

    When he's good he's one of the best players in the championship, but all to often he wouldn't get in there kids teams because he's greedy & doesn't know the meaning of the word team. he over plays & loses the ball in silly parts of the pitch & can be a total liability.

    If he ever plays regularly in the premiership I'll be surprised, he's a luxury QPR can afford in the fizzy pop league but not if they get promoted.

    But i will tell you who they do like Kyle Walker, he's there best player by a country mile so i'm told & very fast over the tuff & a player they really want to keep. But that won't happen as i said i think he'll be our NO1 RB by the end of the season!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Sun Nov 28 2010, 16:44



    You been reading my posts jim !LOL. I have been saying for ages that kyle walker is brilliant, he,s our future right back.

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by HotspurRoper on Sun Nov 28 2010, 20:32

    Had the draw, mate had £10 on 4 draws yesterday
    avatar
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by LOBO on Sun Nov 28 2010, 22:01

    SuneJim wrote:Lought we all know he's more than capable of moments of complete class & has been for seasons,,,,,,,, but there in lies the problem Mate MOMENTS Mate.

    Dave knows a season ticket holder that confirms what i've heard from a couple of my QPR mates, Taarabt has them pulling there hair out, he's an enigma he'll play 4 good games out of 10 & for at least 3 of them you wouldn't even realise he's on the pitch.

    When he's good he's one of the best players in the championship, but all to often he wouldn't get in there kids teams because he's greedy & doesn't know the meaning of the word team. he over plays & loses the ball in silly parts of the pitch & can be a total liability.

    If he ever plays regularly in the premiership I'll be surprised, he's a luxury QPR can afford in the fizzy pop league but not if they get promoted.

    But i will tell you who they do like Kyle Walker, he's there best player by a country mile so i'm told & very fast over the tuff & a player they really want to keep. But that won't happen as i said i think he'll be our NO1 RB by the end of the season!


    his Moments have made QPR top of the league, you would have to question the managers team selection if Taraabt is such a problem as you point out and to why he picks him, the best thing to do then is stick him in the reserves like we did and hope the problem will go away.

    Tell you this though , i'd love to have him a problem in my team , scoring goals for fun and winning games that have made QPR Prem league promotion wannabies, ask the manager do you want to sell Taraabt, the answer will be no

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29 2010, 01:03



    Lob ! he,s doing it in a lower league, ffs o.hara. bassong and other fringe players would be stars down there.

    I have said so many times that its a waiting game with taarabt, when he proves it in the prem, and hopefully he might get the chance do that with rangers, then the proof of the pudding etc etc, until that day comes i will still regard him as a self overated big mouth twat ! who couldnt do what a load of young players have to do to make the grade, SIT QUIET AND WAIT THEIR TURN AND TAKE IT WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY ARRIVES.

    Bale did ! and what makes taarabt more important then the best player we have at tottenham at the moment.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29 2010, 01:37

    TBH all this talk of Trabbant is bordering on the ridiculous. It dosen't matter as he is no longer a Spurs player. How many players over the years have come & gone ? Let's go back years then and use Graham Souness as an, albeit extreme, example. Why did we let him go ? Hell the guy went on to Captain the sucessfull Liverpool side to League titles & European glory. Does that make Sir Billy Nick ignorant of the game and guilty of stopping Spurs acheiving sucsess ? Of course it dosen't ! How many other players have also gone on to achieve glory at other clubs ? Lots. But who really cares. If they don't make the grade at Tottenham or just don't fit into the ethos of the club then move them on regardless of any possible talent they may have. It was obvious that Trabbant was not going to make it Spurs so thats the way it goes. C'est la vie. Que sera sera. He's gone. Good luck to him at his present club and any other future clubs he may play for but he ain't Spurs so he's gone off my radar. If he should score a hat-trick against us in a Champions League final then I may just ponder the decision to sell but until then I'm also of the opinion that why didn't a West Brom, Blackpool, Bubble blowers (or a continental club come to that) type of team come in for him at the bargain basement price of just £1M for a true future superstar of world football ? Or did they see what Spurs saw in him ? Too flighty by half . . . ..

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29 2010, 06:14

    the prem league is weak aswell. if the fizzy pop league so easy why aint other forward players gettin the reviews he is.

    warnock dont want to sell him and wil be doing all he can to keep him.
    the championship is really physical yet hes doing really well.

    your tellin me he couldnt get in liverpool team are most teams in the prem. did you see ngog today he was bloody awfull

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29 2010, 07:25

    Is that N'Gog the QPR player lol ? If Trabbant is so good why didn't Liverpool buy him Lought ? Give it up mate he's gone and all that you can say about him and what he may have done for Spurs is nothing more than speculation. . . . . .

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29 2010, 07:54

    if people are going to keep sayin hes crap then il defend him.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29 2010, 09:08

    Record for Tottenham. 0 (zero) goals from 9 apperances . . . . . . .
    Record for all his clubs (inc Morrocco)17 goals from 87 games. A ratio of a goal every 5.11 games. Good average but about what you would expect from an attacking midfield player. Compare it to Bentleys 29 in 225 at 7.75, but if we look at VDV with a 128 goals in 341 games at a ratio of a goal every 2.66 games I know who I would rather have in my side and would also say Trbbant has a long way to go yet . . . ..

    And here's some more facts about him . . . .. .


    Tottenham confirmed in October 2009 that Taarabt could stay at QPR for the season providing that a Premier League club did not make a bid for him in the January transfer window. QPR were unable to make the transfer a permanent one because they could not afford the £4.5 million valuation placed on Taarabt by Spurs.

    In March 2010, Taarabt was quoted in an interview as being sorry that he signed for Tottenham. He had said "The big mistake was to sign for Tottenham and not go to another club when I first came over". He stated that he wished he had signed for Arsenal instead but had opted for Spurs after Damien Comolli moved from being a scout at Arsenal to director of football at Spurs. He stated that he felt he would have been given more chances to play at Arsenal and was advised at the time not to sign for Spurs by his friends Armand Traore and Abou Diaby, who play for Arsenal.

    Taarabt went on to state his intention to sign for one of the top clubs in Spain "I hope to be playing for one of the top four in Spain next season — Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia or Sevilla. I have contact with good teams and I know that they want me. Now I just have to hope they can agree a deal with Tottenham."


    So why's he playing for QPR and not a top Spannish club that he has such good contacts with ? Maybe he's not as good as he likes to believe he is and maybe too many people swallowed the hype that he is the new Zidane. I don't recall anyone saying he was rubbish but I do recall people, myself included, saying is he really that good and also questioning his attitude as a squad member & team player ? As I said Lought you can only speculate what he may have acheived at Tottenham. Anyway end of this for me as I have no more wish to discuss a QPR player . . . . .

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by djfitzo on Mon Nov 29 2010, 20:27

    VisionarySound wrote:Is that N'Gog the QPR player lol ? If Trabbant is so good why didn't Liverpool buy him Lought ? Give it up mate he's gone and all that you can say about him and what he may have done for Spurs is nothing more than speculation. . . . . .

    Vis, ive asked Lought outright 3 times, still no answer as to why not even a West Brom came in for him, now his saying that his defending him because we are calling him crap, i havent seen one post saying that, only his not as good as he thinks he is, I even posted an article from the Telegraph about him, which summed him up nicely.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30 2010, 03:21

    dj i think some clubs wont touch him because of hes attittude.

    how can you compare him to bentley who has no pace little skill.

    go loook at the goals adel scoring. bad players dont score goals like that.
    avatar
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by LOBO on Tue Nov 30 2010, 03:43

    i think people forget how bloody marvelous Taraabt was when he came on against westham when we won 4 -3 in that epic encounter, everyone on here was praising his glory saying he was the next Zidane lol

    Spurs didnt give him a chance , oh ye of little faith , and now hes showing what he can do, he was more than good enough to play for us imo, and next year he will set the prem ablaze, and me a lought wont forget this little debate oh know you just wait an see oh ye of little faith amen lol

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30 2010, 03:46

    and he came on for the last 8mins aganst arsenal at home and opend them up twice and set lennon up who missed a one on 1.

    he also should of had a pen when we lost to them 2 1 a few season back.

    hes already make joe cole n cesc look stupid

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Nov 30 2010, 03:59

    LOBO wrote:i think people forget how bloody marvelous Taraabt was when he came on against westham when we won 4 -3 in that epic encounter, everyone on here was praising his glory saying he was the next Zidane lol

    Spurs didnt give him a chance , oh ye of little faith , and now hes showing what he can do, he was more than good enough to play for us imo, and next year he will set the prem ablaze, and me a lought wont forget this little debate oh know you just wait an see oh ye of little faith amen lol


    So all those prem managers cant see what you and Lought can see Lobo!! I tell you what (as it looks like his coming back with Qpr)
    I give it half a dozen games before his find out by decent midfielders and defenders. Then we can see if he can do a Bale and find other ways of contributing to a team. My guess is when his teams down, he will want to try and do it all on his own and actually make it worse for his team, I too look forward to it and if im wrong i'll hold my hands up and apologise to both you and Lought.


    avatar
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by LOBO on Tue Nov 30 2010, 09:57

    djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:i think people forget how bloody marvelous Taraabt was when he came on against westham when we won 4 -3 in that epic encounter, everyone on here was praising his glory saying he was the next Zidane lol

    Spurs didnt give him a chance , oh ye of little faith , and now hes showing what he can do, he was more than good enough to play for us imo, and next year he will set the prem ablaze, and me a lought wont forget this little debate oh know you just wait an see oh ye of little faith amen lol


    So all those prem managers cant see what you and Lought can see Lobo!! I tell you what (as it looks like his coming back with Qpr)
    I give it half a dozen games before his find out by decent midfielders and defenders. Then we can see if he can do a Bale and find other ways of contributing to a team. My guess is when his teams down, he will want to try and do it all on his own and actually make it worse for his team, I too look forward to it and if im wrong i'll hold my hands up and apologise to both you and Lought.



    Taraabt was good enough for spurs, that is the argument in summary , some of us think he is good enough some of us dont, now the only problem i see with Taraabt is he dont pass or he tends to wander off on one sometimes, yet skill wise fcuk man skill wise he is unbelievable , yet this whole discussion boils down to the fact he tends to be greedy or trys to hard and doesnt include the team which frustrates the other players.. lol

    answer to the problem. tell him to pass more LOL

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30 2010, 10:53

    well said lobo. i agree when people say hes greedy out for himself and dont like passing.

    but when people say hes not that good and has no skill then it shows they dont know what they are talkin about. go look at the clips on youtube. hes doing stuff hagio used to do and ginola.

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Nov 30 2010, 20:56

    LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:i think people forget how bloody marvelous Taraabt was when he came on against westham when we won 4 -3 in that epic encounter, everyone on here was praising his glory saying he was the next Zidane lol

    Spurs didnt give him a chance , oh ye of little faith , and now hes showing what he can do, he was more than good enough to play for us imo, and next year he will set the prem ablaze, and me a lought wont forget this little debate oh know you just wait an see oh ye of little faith amen lol


    So all those prem managers cant see what you and Lought can see Lobo!! I tell you what (as it looks like his coming back with Qpr)
    I give it half a dozen games before his find out by decent midfielders and defenders. Then we can see if he can do a Bale and find other ways of contributing to a team. My guess is when his teams down, he will want to try and do it all on his own and actually make it worse for his team, I too look forward to it and if im wrong i'll hold my hands up and apologise to both you and Lought.



    Taraabt was good enough for spurs, that is the argument in summary , some of us think he is good enough some of us dont, now the only problem i see with Taraabt is he dont pass or he tends to wander off on one sometimes, yet skill wise fcuk man skill wise he is unbelievable , yet this whole discussion boils down to the fact he tends to be greedy or trys to hard and doesnt include the team which frustrates the other players.. lol

    answer to the problem. tell him to pass more LOL

    so you dont think Harry told him that!! same as he told Bale to stop messing about with his Barnet and get on with his football, the same as he told Pav to ffing run around, some players are so far up themselves they dont listen and one of those players is Taraabt,which is why he is no longer with us and guess what, all the other prem managers saw what Harry saw.



    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Wed Dec 01 2010, 03:47

    so you dont deny hes got skill. hes only young. i dont remember ronaldo doing much when he was 18 19

    hes the best player in a tough championship league this season.

    easy league wel just ask hull luton and norwich and boro fans

    that cant getb back up. i bet they wish they had a player like adel
    avatar
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by SuneJim on Thu Dec 02 2010, 02:42

    Tell you what Lought he was given the same chance as everyone else when Harry came in & i remember Harry saying he's one of the most skillful players in the squad. He also said he doesn't have the faintest idea what to do with him.

    Yes he is young but he obviously never learnt any thing like the other younger players. He should have buckled down in training instead of giving interviews about wishing he'd joined a*se-nal rather then us as they would have treated him better. I also remember the Barcelona & Real Madrid being after him comment lol. Un yet he still ends up at QPR,,,, Go Figure lol.

    You comparing him with Ginola is a laugh it's like comparing Carlton Cole with Alan Shearer a joke. Plus he's not a winger he's played as the spare man for QPR which means he doesn't have to much defencive work to do. That's why he's not a winger he has no work-rate when it comes to tracking back another thing QPR fans hate, he doesn't even try.

    So he's a flair player a luxury, so who would you put him in for at Spurs,,,, Van Der Vaart, don't make me laugh, Modric ha, no, Kranjcar not a chance. Even Dos Santos have more end product in a Spurs shirt than Taarabt ever had.

    It's time you face it Lought, Taarabt is a good player but not good enough for us & very much doubt the Prem as a whole. His all round game isn't good enough & from i've seen he has little interest in working on the tougher parts.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:21

    ginola never tracks back. he was a luxery player. gio done nuffin in a spurs shirt and has had more chances then adel.

    would ronaldo get in our team. he never tracks back.

    i hope he stays at qpr and they go up so we see him in the prem
    avatar
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by ArnieArdiles on Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:32

    Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Agree to disagree , anyone Question Question Question Question Question Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
    lol!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02 2010, 04:06

    ArnieArdiles wrote: Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Agree to disagree , anyone Question Question Question Question Question Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
    lol!

    Not really because jim is right, adel isnt in the same building as ginola, watching ginola on song was magic and what football is all about, taarabt,s rare moments that i saw did nothing for me ! his runs with the ball usually ended in possession to the other team, but ! i was hopeful Yes ! that here we have a talent of a player in taarabt, but he is just an ego believing that he was too good for spurs, and the end of the argument is we get £1 lousy mill for him in add on,s if we are lucky.

    Having said all that i wish adel the best of luck, he is a young player and can only improve. santa

    Sponsored content

    Re: Adel...........

    Post by Sponsored content

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24 2017, 18:36