The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Welsh Sports Personality of the Year.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. Empty Welsh Sports Personality of the Year.

Post by BazSpur Tue Dec 07 2010, 09:03

Gareth Bale wins.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. Empty Re: Welsh Sports Personality of the Year.

Post by BazSpur Tue Dec 07 2010, 09:06

Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. _50319808_bale_allen Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.
    Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. _50319808_bale_allenClick to play

Click to play

Gareth Bale is handed the BBC Wales Sports Personality award by Clive Allen

Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale has been honoured as the 2010 BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year.The 21-year-old succeeds fellow Welsh footballer Ryan Giggs and was presented with the award by Spurs great Clive Allen at Tottenham's training ground. Bale beat Commonwealth champion bowler Robert Weale into second and 400m hurdles champion Dai Greene to third. Blue Square Bet South champions Newport County were named Team of the Year in the awards ceremony at Celtic Manor. Sean McGoldrick's achievement of reaching the bantamweight final at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi has been recognised as the Newport boxer won the Carwyn James Junior Sportsman of the Year. McGoldrick lost to Sri Lankan Manju Wanniarachchi in the Delhi 2010 final to claim a silver medal, won of Wales' 19 medals at the Commonwealths.
    Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. _50317225_bale Gareth Bale is the second footballer to win the award in successive years

Jade Jones was named Carwyn James Junior Sportswoman of the Year after the Flintshire youngster won the under 55kg Taekwondo gold medal winner at the Singapore Youth Olympics in August. Welsh golfing legend Brian Huggett, who starred in six Ryder Cups and skippered Europe in 1977, was honoured for his outstanding career with a Lifetime Achievement award at the ceremony which fittingly overlooked the host course for the 2010 Ryder Cup. And junior football coachLisa Jones, of Penydarren Boys and Girls football club in Merthyr, won the Welsh Sports Unsung Hero award after eight years as a volunteer. But Bale won the top award in the BBC Cymru Wales viewers' poll after a sensational year for Tottenham in the Champions League and Premier League. The £10m left-sided star has scored 13 goals for club and country in a phenomenal 2010 as the Welsh international helped Spurs qualify for the European Cup. Bale was then hailed as "amazing" by Spurs boss Harry Redknapp" after two sensational performances against reigning European champions Inter Milan in the Champions League - a hat-trick in a 4-3 defeat at the San Siro before inspiring Tottenham to a 3-1 win in the return fixture. The 27-times capped Welshman, widely-regarded as one of the finest young footballers in the world, is the ninth footballer in the award's 56-year history to be named BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year. Bale could not be at the awards ceremony in Newport because the Cardiff-born player was with Tottenham's squad in the Netherlands ahead of their Champions League clash with FC Twente. But he did tell BBC Cymru Wales: "It was a great honour just to be put up for the award so to win it is something special. "I remember when I was a younger I was up for the young sports personality award and to be up for this now, shows how much I have come in the last couple of years. "I'm not quite sure how to sum up my 2010 because I have not really dwelled on it, I have just got on with it. Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. _50320059_bale_grab Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.
    Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. _50320059_bale_grabClick to play

Click to play

Gareth Bale 'honoured' by BBC Wales award
    "It has been a great year for me playing week in, week out, I've scored a few goals and the team qualified for the Champions League so there have been a lot of highlights but I'm just concentrating now and building for the future." Bale, who arrived at White Hart Lane from Southampton in 2007, concedes he had a "rough time" at the start of his Spurs career as he suffered almost 18 months on the injury list after foot surgery and knee problems. He then endured an unwanted record of playing 24 Premier League games without being on the winning side before Spurs' win over Burnley in September 2009. Now his stunning performances of the left-flank, tormenting some of Europe's top defenders, have attracted the attentions of rivals clubs and Bale has been linked with a £60m move away from White Hart Lane. "I do look back on certain things that have happened and it has been a great year for me," Bale concluded. "Looking back on some things I think 'wow' and a year ago I did not think I would be doing stuff like that."

Bookmark with:
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Welsh Sports Personality of the Year. Empty Re: Welsh Sports Personality of the Year.

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Dec 07 2010, 17:57

Congrats to Gareth, he has come sooooooo far in such a short space of time!
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:48

Congratz Bale, well deserved indeed!! He is turning into a top quality player !
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:56

Well done Gareth lad Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 18:04