The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends



Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery


Affiliates

Log in

I forgot my password


    Were spurs right ?

    Share

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by That Damned Mark on Tue Feb 01 2011, 09:37

    Lew, anything involving even the mention of Taarabt is hoodoo now.
    It's been done to death and I agree with Vis @ #19.

    The positive side is that by being in this section 'all members' can post on it if they like, I'm referring to Arsenal supporters being requested not to post on 'Spurs Chat' section.

    As an aside, (Baz, Vis) I don't think i've been on any forum where threads don't wander off the subject of the OP... it's not necessarily 'hijacking', just the evolving of the chat.

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by That Damned Mark on Tue Feb 01 2011, 09:39

    I even hovvered over the 'add rep' button for the #19 post by Vis... but thought Nah Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by BazSpur on Tue Feb 01 2011, 10:18

    As an aside, (Baz, Vis) I don't think i've been on any forum where
    threads don't wander off the subject of the OP... it's not necessarily
    'hijacking', just the evolving of the chat.

    That's OK Mark Vis, DJ, and I will endeavour to keep them on thread.


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by That Damned Mark on Tue Feb 01 2011, 11:11

    Surely some development of the chat is ok tho'? Otherwise it becomes a Question & Answer forum Very Happy

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 01 2011, 12:21

    That Damned Mark wrote:Lew, anything involving even the mention of Taarabt is hoodoo now.
    It's been done to death and I agree with Vis @ #19.

    The positive side is that by being in this section 'all members' can post on it if they like, I'm referring to Arsenal supporters being requested not to post on 'Spurs Chat' section.

    As an aside, (Baz, Vis) I don't think i've been on any forum where threads don't wander off the subject of the OP... it's not necessarily 'hijacking', just the evolving of the chat.


    Mark ...my whole point was that it was claimed to be moved to another section under the guise of a "non spurs topic " or as the section of this forum is titled, and what i was asking baz and vis was at least say the truth, which is that the subject is (hoodoo) as you put it, and has evoked arguments in the past, and therefore deemed as maybe unsettling to the forum.

    It wasnt anything personal with vis or baz as i am often in touch with both via email, it was the nature of its disappearing amid cries of "well spotted vis " that peed me off.

    All i wanted to hear is what vis said in one of his answers to me, and thats the end of it as far as i am concerned.

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by That Damned Mark on Wed Feb 02 2011, 11:02

    Lew, the thread gets moved because they don't like any threads to do with Taarabt, it's as simple as that.
    Any questioning of the thread, whether it's the removal to another section or not, falls on deaf ears.
    No, of course it's nothing personal... if stick is (quite rightly IMO) given it's given to Admin & Mod, not Baz & Vis.
    There's a subtle difference that I hope is not lost.

    The other thread about a month ago that was moved and edited that you questioned, attracted a comment similar to, "Thread was moved, get used to it sweethearts".
    It's condescending and there's no need for it. A quick courteous explanation is all that was required... jeez we're all adults ain't we?

    Banter is banter and an ask is an ask.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 02 2011, 11:58


    Mark ! vis said the reason it was moved was because it was felt it was designed to "get people biting " and that was what i wanted to hear, not that it wasnt a spurs subject, i wasnt accepting that and made my point.

    As far as i am concerned most good subjects get "people biting " but the whole episode reminded me of that fawlty towers episode titled " the germans " where basil constantly says " dont mention the war " "i did but i think i got away with it "

    On that note i will leave people to form their own conclusion.

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by BazSpur on Wed Feb 02 2011, 12:05

    We are starting to tread the same path as before here and it will end in the same result. I have explained why threads get moved . I don't need to explain do I that Threads and Posts about Spurs go in Spurs chat. Threads about Arsenal go in the Tottenham Arsenal discussion, threads about other teams go in other teams forum, ffs it's not difficult is it? There are good reasons why this is so and I have explained it before. It seems that either there is a big P*ss take going on here or some just don't or won't understand. TBH I am leaning toward the P*ss take theory and it aint on. Now, let me put it in words that I hope you will all understand. We are not moving threads because they are about Taraabt. Threads get moved to keep the forum up to speed otherwise we will be wading through threads on the Spurs chat forum to do with Spurs, Arsenal. Music, Television and fcuk knows what else. I don't care if you post about Taraabt, I honestly couldn't give a toss, just do it in the correct forum. Now I am slowly getting to the end of my tether on this subject so can you just do as asked and put threads where they should be. If by mistake threads get put somewhere they shouldn't be which does happen then they will be moved by the Mods to the correct forum. this is no different to any other forum that is moderated. If you put a post or thread in the wrong place don't whinge when it gets moved. It's so simple a child could understand. Now can we get back to posting about Spurs.


    Last edited by BazSpur on Wed Feb 02 2011, 12:17; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by BazSpur on Wed Feb 02 2011, 12:15

    lewspurs wrote:
    Mark ! vis said the reason it was moved was because it was felt it was designed to "get people biting " and that was what i wanted to hear, not that it wasnt a spurs subject, i wasnt accepting that and made my point.

    As far as i am concerned most good subjects get "people biting " but the whole episode reminded me of that fawlty towers episode titled " the germans " where basil constantly says " dont mention the war " "i did but i think i got away with it "

    On that note i will leave people to form their own conclusion.

    There is no conclusion to form Lew. It's not a conspiracy ffs. Now you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about posts and threads being moved. No one else does, just you. As I keep on saying and will keep on saying they are moved for good reason. I have put foward the case for doing so and you either accept it or you don't it's up to you. This whole thing has got petty and out of hand but the position has aways been the same. Put threads in the proper forums. It wasn't lost on me that you put a post in other teams news that was blatantly about Spurs but I decided to ignore it. Was that a wind up Lew? Because if it was then it's out of order. I would imagine there are quite a few posters now getting p*ssed off with this argument so can we just do as asked and leave it at that.


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by That Damned Mark on Wed Feb 02 2011, 20:39

    I won't comment anymore either, I don't want to be seen to be supposedly stoking a fire Very Happy.

    I've never had a problem with threads being moved, it's the upper handed comments that go with it, bit headmaster and pupil about it. (when I said this before I got "Good!" as the reply... which was actually funny Very Happy)

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by That Damned Mark on Wed Feb 02 2011, 20:46

    Actually I will comment on this.

    lewspurs wrote:
    Mark ! vis said the reason it was moved was because it was felt it was designed to "get people biting " and that was what i wanted to hear, not that it wasnt a spurs subject, i wasnt accepting that and made my point.

    The thing is there is a different 'biting' as in thrashing out what's currently right or wrong with the team, and there's a thread designed to 'get people biting' in a sinister way, causing forum disruption and bad feeling.
    The latter is what is being attempted to avoid, and Taarabt threads historically fall into this category.
    All of course if it's in the wrong section and people have to wade past non interesting stuff to get to what they want to chat about.

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by BazSpur on Wed Feb 02 2011, 21:24

    All of course if it's in the wrong section and people have to wade past
    non interesting stuff to get to what they want to chat about.

    Spot on. At last.


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:41

    BazSpur wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    Mark ! vis said the reason it was moved was because it was felt it was designed to "get people biting " and that was what i wanted to hear, not that it wasnt a spurs subject, i wasnt accepting that and made my point.

    As far as i am concerned most good subjects get "people biting " but the whole episode reminded me of that fawlty towers episode titled " the germans " where basil constantly says " dont mention the war " "i did but i think i got away with it "

    On that note i will leave people to form their own conclusion.

    There is no conclusion to form Lew. It's not a conspiracy ffs. Now you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about posts and threads being moved. No one else does, just you. As I keep on saying and will keep on saying they are moved for good reason. I have put foward the case for doing so and you either accept it or you don't it's up to you. This whole thing has got petty and out of hand but the position has aways been the same. Put threads in the proper forums. It wasn't lost on me that you put a post in other teams news that was blatantly about Spurs but I decided to ignore it. Was that a wind up Lew? Because if it was then it's out of order. I would imagine there are quite a few posters now getting p*ssed off with this argument so can we just do as asked and leave it at that.


    Well the views are into the 200s baz, so it must be of interest to some posters and it isnt in the main chat forum, i am sure that if they are peed off with the subject then they will soon voice their disapproval, they usually do.

    Baz ! i dont tell lies mate ! so let me explain that the later spurs post wasnt a wind up , i simply was looking at this thread and clicked on new topic accidently by not changing the forum i was in at the time, funny enough i thought you or vis had moved it but then realised what i had done, so it isnt out of order but i must admit i did have a (tiny) chuckle because i couldnt correct it..now could i ?

    Baz, in all honesty i do find it a little farcical that a simple name is taboo, and vis,s comments that it doesnt matter how it is worded that it still mentions the unmentionable so off it flies into the abyss.

    Let me end by saying the thread mentions the spurs decision to get rid of the unmentionable one, therefore it is in my opinion a spurs sunject, who decided to sell,? who negotiated the price and the add ons ? well it certainly wasnt the pope now was it.

    I am staying cool while i feel a big outburst coming on baz, thats your decision, i havent answered you in a rude or threatening way, i decided ages ago that i wasnt getting into that stuff anymore, i have made my point in a polite way, i said i accepted vis,s explanation that he felt it was a biting post, and that was the end of the subject as far as i am concerned, i answered marks contribution because it was deserving of a reply, not to escalate this into an argument.
    flowers

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:57

    Guys are you not managing to post sucsessfully & often with the thread being with-in this section ?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:59

    like lew says he was a spurs player so why cant we chat about him.

    im sure if somone wrote somthing about hoddle it wouldnt get removed.

    why is the torres post still in the main spurs chat.

    theres loads of non adel posts and hardly any replys yet he gets loads of replys and people move them......

    Why if it gets people chatting. i see dj was having a moan on monday but for some reason he has reply to more post in the last few days then i can remember.

    face it everybody loves post that gets us all talking. .

    you just wana hope we dont lose 2nite lol

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:01

    VisionarySound wrote:Guys are you not managing to post sucsessfully & often with the thread being with-in this section ?

    Certainly vis ! i think i have started a trend now.......... lol!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:07

    Loughtonlegend wrote:like lew says he was a spurs player so why cant we chat about him.


    As you posted Lought he was a Spurs player. Now he plys his trade at the Championship club Queens Park Rangers ! ! ! You have all proven that you can still debate about him, and very sucsessfully I must add, in this section. Why is it such a problem to do it in this section ? It's my decision to move Trabbant related posts to this section. I have been asked to show consistency with this and I shall continue to do so.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:10

    Loughtonlegend wrote:like lew says he was a spurs player so why cant we chat about him.

    im sure if somone wrote somthing about hoddle it wouldnt get removed.

    why is the torres post still in the main spurs chat.

    theres loads of non adel posts and hardly any replys yet he gets loads of replys and people move them......

    Why if it gets people chatting. i see dj was having a moan on monday but for some reason he has reply to more post in the last few days then i can remember.

    face it everybody loves post that gets us all talking. .

    you just wana hope we dont lose 2nite lol

    Well i have made the same point about jimmy greaves lought ! he ended up at west ham but a post about jimmy wouldnt be taken off the main chat forum because as the same as the unmentionable one he was later sold to another club, does a post about jimmy now go in other football news because his comments about the olympic stadium the other week was in the main chat forum.

    I will concede that he ( taboo....abt )is at qpr now, therefore to talk about him directly should rightly go into other football news, my thread mentioned the spurs decision was right after his latest antics, spurs decision and subject as far as i am concerned.

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by BazSpur on Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:34

    Greavsy was talking about Spurs bid for the OS Lew that's why it was on Spurs Chat. If he had been talking about anything other than the OS he would have been moved. It really isn't hard to grasp mate.


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 04:37

    BazSpur wrote:Greavsy was talking about Spurs bid for the OS Lew that's why it was on Spurs Chat. If he had been talking about anything other than the OS he would have been moved. It really isn't hard to grasp mate.


    No baz ! and it certainly isnt hard to grasp that it was a (CORRECT SPURS DECISION ) to sell the player because once again he is causing trouble.

    Spurs implies the people that govern the club, not the owners of qpr or the player in question.

    Listen baz you once told me to keep posting, however controversial the subject, and thats what i do ! if something is wrong then i feel compelled to have a go.

    I am not questioning you or vis or anyone who helps to run what is a great forum, or your rights to do what you want, but i would lay down my life and my families to have anyone deny that the thread is nothing to do with spurs.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 04:44

    BazSpur wrote:Greavsy was talking about Spurs bid for the OS Lew that's why it was on Spurs Chat. If he had been talking about anything other than the OS he would have been moved. It really isn't hard to grasp mate.

    Ok baz ! greaves just was an example, steffan iversen then, now plying his trade somewhere else, get my point ?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 04:57

    [quote="BazSpur")

    [size=18][color=darkblue] It wasn't lost on me that you put a post in other teams news that was blatantly about Spurs but I decided to ignore it. Was that a wind up Lew? Because if it was then it's out of order.






    Baz! why wasnt the thread "What i fear " which i have explained was accidently put in (other football news) put into its correct category then, as the other thread was so quickly pounced upon and moved, then what was the problem moving that one ? i couldnt correct the mistake, but you or vis could have.

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by BazSpur on Thu Feb 03 2011, 06:06

    Sometimes posts and threads get missed Lew. We usually get round to them eventually. I don't think anyone other than the Mods know what it takes to run this board Lew.It's not easy. DJ runs everything in the backroom making sure the forum runs technically ok. Vis and myself have to check all new post's for misplaced threads and posts etc. I also have to make sure everything is running ok in Admin. It's alright for you and other posters mate all you have to do is post. It's different from this side of the fence. Vis and I are on the edge all the time wondering if this post should stay or go, moderating the different forums making sure there are no antagonistic posts. Not that I mind I love it but it isn't easy.The post you are refering to wasn't removed because I thought you were having a pop. So, I thought ok I aint gonna rise to it. So it could stay there. I really thought you did it to make a point. You say it was accidental OK it will be moved in that case.


    Last edited by BazSpur on Thu Feb 03 2011, 06:13; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03 2011, 06:44



    I do appreciate the work involved baz, glad its you and not me, sharon hates me being on the net most days, and i think its a full time job all round for you blokes, top men ! Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: Were spurs right ?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24 2017, 11:58