The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

player of the year

player of the year

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 01:46

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9431137.stm

Re: player of the year

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:20

Barely a week in the Championship seems to pass without Adel Taarabt causing a stir. The 21-year-old has been the outstanding player in a Queens Park Rangers team whose dominance has been such that they need only 15 points from eight games to return to the Premier League next season.

And even on a weekend where Taarabt missed his first game of the season - due to a family bereavement - the Moroccan playmaker was unable to keep a low profile as he received the Championship Player of the year award in London last night.

Taarabt is a temperamental character and a difficult man to manage; a player capable of genius one week and mediocrity the next.

His spell at his last club, Tottenham, was a troubled one. The man who signed him, Martin Jol, was sacked nine months later, Taarabt never felt comfortable during Juande Ramos's year in charge and then failed to win a place under Harry Redknapp.

But since moving to Loftus Road, Taarabt has found a manager, Neil Warnock, who has made him feel welcome, even making him captain, and has finally got the best out of him.

"I've been here only a year, it has been so quick and I am very happy," said Taarabt at The Brewery, in the Barbican, last night. "I have found a home and a family.

"Warnock's wife [Sharon] has looked after me and his kids have been like family to me. I cannot describe our relationship. Sometimes I think God has brought this guy to me, I am very difficult guy to control but Neil does it.

"It is special between me and him, he changed my life. He tells me to just go out onto the pitch and enjoy it. After all that he has given me I try and repay him.

"I was at Spurs and had a very difficult time. I wanted to show what I can do and to prove to people. I want to go back to the Premier League."

The standard of the Championship has risen markedly in recent years - none of the teams promoted to the Premier League last year are in the relegation zone - but Warnock is in no doubt that Taarabt will have to raise his game if he is to succeed in his second bite at top-flight action.

"He will have to make slight adjustments to his game because I have let him have more leeway than he would in the Premier League," said the Rangers manager.

"If you lose the ball in the Premier League then you won't see it for 10 minutes. He will have to take more responsibility upon himself but some of the things he does when he shouldn't do them amaze me. I'll shout at him to pass it and then he'll go and beat three men."

And after a difficult start to his professional career, Warnock is convinced the environment is in place for Taarabt to become a star in the Premier League next season.

"A lot has happened in his life and he is getting more mature," said the 62-year-old.

"He has a lovely girlfriend now and she is going to come over here next year to live and I'm delighted. When I saw him last week before the Palace game, I knew he would be man of the match because he is like a matador so she'll be a good influence on him.

"Adel couldn't play for Tottenham. Because there are so many good players, you can't fit a system round him as there are 10 other players as good as him.

"You need circumstances with Adel and Harry knew it. He didn't have time to do what I did with Adel as he is going for Europe and whatever. I've only got one Adel and I've barely got enough time!
    He's the most talented player I've ever seen."

Post by BazSpur on Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:11

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:32

BazSpur wrote:

lmao
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:33

lol Baz . Sorry Lought Im not even gonna attempt to read it... Yawn

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:55

i cant wait for him to play aganst us. he will rape hutton and corluka all day. and we know daws struggles aganst players that have skill

Post by BazSpur on Tue Mar 22 2011, 09:03

Loughtonlegend wrote:i cant wait for him to play aganst us. he will rape hutton and corluka all day. and we know daws struggles aganst players that have skill

Well, that's great isn't it Lought. You hope we get taken apart by an opposition player. An action that could cost us the game. As it happens I have no fear Sandro et al will snuff him out like a candle flame.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 09:07

Lought FFS mate. Someone has got to say say this so it may as well be me ! Why the blue blaze's do you want a player to perform so well against Spurs and maybe beat us ? Sorry mate but "Told you so" only goes so far. I would love to see Taarabt come back to The Lane then get totally mugged and Us (Spurs that is) stuff 'em by 4/5/6 goals or more . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 09:19

ok i hope he gets a hat trick and we win 4 3. hows that.

anyway i know harry rated him but because we have so many attackin option and also adels outburst that he reluctanley sold him.

i like watching skillfull footballers. not that rubbish england play during every tournment thats why im the 1st prayin we lose when we play.

did u watch france v england. france played a new team and not 1 defensive midfeilder and tore us apart.

not since gazza and hoddle have england had anyone specal.
    so next time you send your kids to coachin schools think twice.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 09:24

And that hat-trick Lought could f*ck up our goal difference at the end of the season ! Sorry mate but if he ever face's us again I hope he fails miserably. Against other teams I'm not overally intrested but against Us, Spurs, I hope he plays sh*t & fails . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 09:29

what about if players you really liked player aganst us.
    what if hoddle played aganst us. would you want him to do bad or get hurt.

anyway loads of ex spurs players seem to do well aganst us

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22 2011, 10:09

Lought, I didn't say I hope he gets hurt; I just said I hope he fails. Same for any ex-Spurs player who plays against US. Hoddle, Gazza, Klinsman et al could play against US and I would hope they have a stinker. But for US, well that's a different matter mate . . . .. . . .
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 on Tue Mar 22 2011, 12:39

ArnieArdiles wrote:lol Baz . Sorry Lought Im not even gonna attempt to read it... Yawn

I did read it Arnie and lifted the following;

"Adel couldn't play for Tottenham. Because there are so many good players, you can't fit a system round him as there are 10 other players as good as him.

"You need circumstances with Adel and Harry knew it. He didn't have time to do what I did with Adel as he is going for Europe and whatever.

I underlined the relevant portion.

It just so happens that those players all play a TEAM game too.

Lought, I hope Taarabt makes it, like Vis I hope he sucks when he plays us, but I also hope that, if Warnock is ever given the nod by Spurs, he brings a mature Taarabt with him.

His temperament is the one and only thing that will hinder him. It seems to me that he is heavily reliant on Warnock pandering to that temperament and guiding it along the right lines. From what I hear, Warnock has been extraordinarily patient with him, something he's not renowned for. I'll be interested to see how he'll handle himself should QPR receive an offer they can't refuse. No Warnock to mentor him, a manager who expects far more than he's prepared to give ................

His could be a bouncey career. By bouncey I mean he's being bounced from one league to another, from one country to another, etc, etc.

There's an old saying, there's a thin line between genius and insanity.
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Thu Mar 24 2011, 04:26

Okay I've now read it,Ion but it's just I find myself repeating what Ive already said of the player whenever Lought mentioned him in previous posts ... Ive since made up my mind not to re-enter the Taraabt debate..

But.............. ok I will , one last time lol

Although I can read the reasoning behind why we sold him I will never understand it and for a paltry one million too, WTF is that all about ? ...As Dr Spock would say its illogical .... Is it really up for debate whether the player is worth such a low fee ? ...I also could never get my head around, why no other premeirship manager came in for him at that price , certainly the mid table ones or lower ....
    Instead we have the crazy situation in the premeirship where players like James Milner and Stephen Ireland are involved in near £30 million transfer deals and no other premeirship manager was willing to take a risk with Taraabt's talent at one million ?

Players like Taraabt are rare as were others like Cantona and Di Canio who both after short stints at clubs in the top flight were moved out for meagre sums .. Obviously the young Taraabt has not proven himself to be up there with these two fantastic players but IMO they're all of the same mould, talented but come with a manager's health warning attached ... Funnily , Cantona was sold by the genius of football that is , Howard Wilkinson for the same amount as the Taraabt fee of one million and it was our very own Harry who was willing to take the chance on the troublesome but highly skilled Di Canio...

I were gutted we sold him like I were when we sold Kaboul and I believe that when Taraabt eventualy gets back to the premeirship he will come back like how Kaboom has retuned to us , a much better player and certainly worth more than one million ....

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24 2011, 07:51

Arnie, maybe the £1M fee was set so low just to get rid of him ? Was he an unwanted problem on the training pitch ? Moaning & whinging & worth much more, according to him ? We won't know until later. Yeah he's ok but if he's thats good, why oh why, didn't any of the European giants come in for him ? We got him as a youngster , it must be said before other clubs. Then he's available and still the only club who chase him are QPR ! One day he may achieve his poetential but until then we will alway's, as Spurs fans at least, be split on his talent & worth. One day he maybe a world beater, but then again; maybe not . . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Thu Mar 24 2011, 08:03

VisionarySound wrote:Arnie, maybe the £1M fee was set so low just to get rid of him ? Was he an unwanted problem on the training pitch ? Moaning & whinging & worth much more, according to him ? We won't know until later. Yeah he's ok but if he's thats good, why oh why, didn't any of the European giants come in for him ? We got him as a youngster , it must be said before other clubs. Then he's available and still the only club who chase him are QPR ! One day he may achieve his poetential but until then we will alway's, as Spurs fans at least, be split on his talent & worth. One day he maybe a world beater, but then again; maybe not . . . . . . . .

Vis, didnt Comolli get him in for a near 4 million pound fee ? If so then Levy took a big hit on Taraabt so you could be right , behind the scenes he was troublesome . Also his contract was winding down with no chance of an extension and thats why, Harry gave the go ahead for the one million sale ?

All we know is what we can see and that is, we sold a player for a measly one million who has now gone on to be named the championships player of the year ..

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24 2011, 08:13

Yup Arnie, Championship player of the year before the season is over ! I have never seen enough of Trabbant to make my mind up. He will always split supporters of the team he plays for and neutrials (lol can't spell that word). Is he a vital compotant or a luxury ? Is he worth carrying or just too much bother ? Lovely to see the beautifull game played as he can but horrible to see his egotistical histronics at the same time . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Thu Mar 24 2011, 08:44

We will find out next season Vis be it Taraabt is at QPR or another premeirship club .....

For Loughts sake on here , he better not put in world class performances against us thats all Im saying for now lol

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25 2011, 03:06

vis so what about gio. he won young player of the world cup yet we cant get rid of him. nobody wanted him.

people should try seeing the good things adel does.
    its not like we are scoring loads of goals this season.

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25 2011, 06:15

Lought I don't see what Dos Santos has to with Trabbant me ole mukka . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25 2011, 06:40

i mean because nobody wanted him either yet dont mean hes a grea player.

the skillfull players are never english

i been watchin clips of riqelmie and hagi. now these players are so good and we have somone whos 21 and has bags of skill and we dont want him with us.

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25 2011, 07:09

Thats the way it goes Lought. Do you remember an English lad, a fair few years ago now; had frizzy, mad hair, called Sonny something ? Meant to have been the next Pele. Ajax signed him and he came to nothing. The true great players are the one's who do it regulary over a period of time. Unfortunately these days any player who shows any sort of flair gets labled as the next big thing. Time alone will tell with these players . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25 2011, 09:23

i would like england to scout around and look for more of these specal players. but they just say no they 2 small or not strong enough. i remember people sayin modric too small for the prem.

barcelona have all small players and they are the best team in the world.

the reason english teams dont play players like adel gio is because they dont trust them.

arsenal have nasri arshavin man u had ronaldo now they have nani .

some players are worth it.

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25 2011, 10:49

The only person who said Moddle was too small was monsewer whinger Lought. And the reason was the myopic one was jealous he didn't spot him . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25 2011, 11:55

did you hear the chelsea goalie saying wenger looked at him before he went chelsea and thought he wernt good enough lol.

imagine if they had got peter all them years ago. they would of won sumthing.

so much for wenger spotting tallent. didnt he spot ronaldo 1st or sumone else whos big now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17 2017, 14:44