The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Next England Manager EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Next England Manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Next England Manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Next England Manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Next England Manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Next England Manager EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Next England Manager EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Next England Manager EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Next England Manager EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Next England Manager Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Next England Manager

Next England Manager Empty Next England Manager

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 08:16

Sat in the pub this afternoon discussing football. Fans of many clubs chewing the fat over the beautifull game. Redknapp & his possibilities of the England job where thrown at me as a Yid. One of the guys then proceeded to make a fine case for Beckham as next England manager. You had to be there to enjoy the beery debate in all it's glory but he basically said the following. He has more money then the current squad so that is not an issue. He has the respect of players, a large majority of fans & the meeja. Experience is not an issue as he just has to pick a team, motivate them to play their best for England and face the press, a consumate skill he has already. Others would take training etc. He would show passion & belief in the job & is an Englishman. Other positives & negatives where put forward but the general consensus was agreement with this suggestion. We then moved onto his more experienced right-hand man & we all agreed that dull ole Ray Wilkins would be Beckhams perfect foil. Intrested to know how others feel about this somewhat left-field choice . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Next England Manager Empty Re: Next England Manager

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 12 2011, 08:30

Beckham? Hmmmmm maybe. Don't really see him as a tactical genius somehow but then I suppose others would be there to help with that.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 08:45

That was the crux of the debate Baz. He dosen't need to be much more than a figure head, motivator & focal point . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 12 2011, 08:54

Then do we really need a figure head Vis? I would much rather a hands on manager who knows how to change things tactically. I can see the appeal TBH as he would be all the things you say. Just not sure it's what we need now.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 30 2011, 20:00

I'm all for Beckham, because i think now Redknapp understands his position at the club and is finally getting the team he wanted after inheriting most players from Ramos , so it would be a shame if he left for England especially now that spurs are starting to show some consistency , i don't like Redknapp but then again i don't like many people lol but he is doing a grand job this season i have to say and his team selections have been spot on ok hes a bit of a gobby shight at times and plays to the cameras, but what I'm starting to like about him is the fact he don't take to fools lightly , i reckon on the quiet he's a bit of the brian clough about him , and i totally endorse playing weakened teams for the cups and saving your best for the league.

As for Beckham why not? look at pep Guadiola , I think Beckham at 37 would be a good thing for England because he has that Respect factor, I think his right had man would be someone like Stuart pearce , please no more Italian managers
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Oct 07 2011, 08:33

The difficulty with Becks I fear is that he is thick as sh*t and the notion of him being "in charge" of anything, even a small fluffy animal quite terrifying

I have a nasty feeling Montenegro will prove very awkward indeed
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Oct 07 2011, 16:55

I championed Becks and Pearce to take over from Capello after the world cup. Why not??? 2 Englishmen with the respect from all players and fans!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 07 2011, 17:11

I think as a lot of people are saying Lee Becks doesn't give the impression of being tactically aware.I think he would be good in as much as his enthusiasm would be beneficial and he has a lot of International experience. I don't know it might work but he doesn't strike me as a manager/coach. Has he got his coaching badges even?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Oct 07 2011, 19:59

Nice bloke, Rich bloke, good servant of Eng through thin and thin, great club career, fashion icon

But England manager ?

The one thing that the next (English) England manager will hopefully enjoy is a little more patience amd even the occasional support from fans and meeja, rather than the usual sport of tearing the bloke to shreds - fat chance lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 18:45