The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
DJSR
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
LOBO
8 posters

Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika

Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika Empty Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:30

Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika 160px-PAOK_emblem_2010.svg

Versus

Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At
    Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika 300px-View_of_Toumba_from_Gate-4
    Toumba Stadium

Thursday 15/09/2011

Kick Off @ 1800hrs BST

Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika Empty Re: Match Thread Vs PAOK Salonika

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:33

For any clever souls out there who can speak Greek, the link for the PAOK official website . . . .

http://www.paokfc.gr/index.jsp?extLang=

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:49

Can't find any previous meetings between the 2 clubs.
    At present PAOK have played 2 games in the Greek league this season. Won one (1-0), lost one (1-2), 5th spot.
    Played 4 Europa qualifying games. Vs Valerenga (0-2 & 3-0 {5-0 agg}) & Vs Karpaty Lvov (2-0 & 1-1 {3-1 agg}).

With the game against the Micky Mousers on Sunday I can't see Redknapp playing too much of a 1st choice team in this one. Should be a chance for the younger squad & fringe players to shine . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:51

I hope that arry is clever & brave enough to pick a weakened team and play some of the fringe players what with liverpool game on Sunday .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 23:13

reserve players not to many kids.

cudichini
    walker charlie daws rose
    kranker hudd livermoor bale
    pav gio
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 13 2011, 01:21

Good team that Lought. Could more than hold it's own.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 01:53

hopefully give bale 60 mins and get some confidence back then push gio left and bring on defoe for the last 30 mins get some more goals for my dream team lol

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 02:10

Harry Redknapp says Tottenham's Europa League trip is a 'nuisance'

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he has no qualms in rotating his team for Thursday's Europa League tie against PAOK Salonika.

Following his team's first Premier League win of the season at Wolves, Redknapp bemoaned his current injury list and the trip to Greece.

"The problem I've got on Thursday is I can't really take this lot who've played at Wolves," said the Spurs boss.

"It is a nuisance. There won't be too many of these going to Greece."

Redknapp said his priority was picking up Premier League points, with a home game against Liverpool next Sunday. He was delighted with the victory over previously unbeaten Wolves despite missing almost an entire team through injury.

"I had nine players missing in Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Sandro, Huddlestone, Pienaar and van der Vaart. That is a good team," he said.

"They've played two internationals and I've got to take them out to Greece for Thursday, come back Friday and play Liverpool on Sunday. I want to save them for Sunday."
    Tottenham will play six Europa League group games before the turn of the year, having qualified for the tournament with their fifth-place finish last season. They have been drawn in Group A with Salonika, Shamrock Rovers and Russian side Rubin Kazan.

Redknapp's starting line-up on Thursday could feature several players who were on the substitutes' bench at Molineux, including defender Sebastien Bassong, midfielders Andros Townsend and Jake Livermore and striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Despite his misgivings about the Europa League, Redknapp was positive about the performances of new signings Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor against Wolves, and hailed the influence of captain Ledley King, who is restricted in the amount of training he can do due to his long-standing knee complaint.

"Ledley is an amazing player. He only ever trains for a few minutes the day before a game. It will take all week now for his knee to go down and then we will try and get him on the park next Sunday but he is one of the best centre-halves you will ever see," said Redknapp.

"He is different class, he gives an air of confidence, he knows what he is doing. People around Ledley respond to him.

"He doesn't make too many last-ditch tackles because he is already in position to deal with it.

"Like the Bobby Moores and Alan Hansens over the years, they understand what they are doing - and that's what he does."
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 13 2011, 02:42

--------------Cudicini

Corluka -- Kaboul -- Bassong -- Rose

--------- Livermore -- Bostock

--------------- Ceballos

-----Dos Santos --- Kane --- Falque

If available I'd like to see some of our younger forwards given playing time...

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Sep 13 2011, 05:54

VisionarySound wrote:For any clever souls out there who can speak Greek, the link for the PAOK official website . . . .

http://www.paokfc.gr/index.jsp?extLang=

top right corner of the site, click the british flag to change language to english Wink
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Sep 13 2011, 06:59

ArnieArdiles wrote:--------------Cudicini

--------------- Ceballos

Like that team Arnie,,, but would have Pavlyuchenko in he needs the game. Plus Huddlestone needs game time as well. Instaed of Bostock he's not ready yet. Would use Gomes as well but happy with the rest The likes of Adebayor, Defoe, Modric, Bale, Parker shouldn't even travel.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Sep 14 2011, 09:12

SuneJim wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:--------------Cudicini

--------------- Ceballos

Like that team Arnie,,, but would have Pavlyuchenko in he needs the game. Plus Huddlestone needs game time as well. Instaed of Bostock he's not ready yet. Would use Gomes as well but happy with the rest The likes of Adebayor, Defoe, Modric, Bale, Parker shouldn't even travel.

You're probably right Jim and Pav should get a game but his performance in the 2nd Leg versus Hearts, when he was given the responsibilty of playing alongside the debutants, really peed me off.... I'm thinking the front three perhaps would do better without him there ... Gio would be the most senior , would be intresting to see how he would do in that situation....

Hudd, I thought was out injured but apparently not and Bostock played a game yesterday against a Spammers XI so , Hudd in for Bostock it is .....

I got a couple of vids here of our youngsters , not sure if they've been shown anywhere on the forum ...One's of Cellabos and Falque against Kettering and the other is of the under 19s versus Inter Milan.....

The Future is Lilywhite ... THFC

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Sep 14 2011, 09:21

And heres the post match interview of that Milan game...Future Spurs manager maybe? Shocked

And heres the stadium where we all hope to see our boys lift the Europa League Cup Wednesday 9 May 2012

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 09:25

cant watch them vids they playing so slow.

i heard paok or meant to be a decent team
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Sep 14 2011, 09:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:cant watch them vids they playing so slow.

i heard paok or meant to be a decent team

Try clicking the YouTube logo in the bottom right corner of the vid , Lought ... Then watch it directly from YouTube ....Might work better that way ...

Yeah they're meant to be pretty decent and Rubin too ....Two tough away fixtures but our game on Sunday, I think is more important ...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 09:47

ok thanks.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Sep 14 2011, 21:27

--------------Cudicini

Corluka -- Kaboul -- Bassong --Townsend

--------- Livermore -- Huddlestone

Falque----------------------------- Kranjcar

---------Dos Santos --- Kane ---

U21 players can play without being registered in the EL squad, but only if they have been at the club for at least 2 years already. So no Ceballos from my original team and so I'd have Niko replacing him ..I hear we also have Rose out injured so Townsend in at left-back .....

Hard work is this Football managament thing
    study
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Sep 15 2011, 05:37

Think we might get a beating tommorow this is the squad whats gone to Greece Provisional squad: Gomes, Cudicini, Archer, Bassong, Corluka, Walker, Waller-Lassen, Livermore, Townsend, Fredericks, Carroll, Nicholson, Parrett, Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Falque, Kane, Lancaster, Pritchard.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 15 2011, 05:59

The team may not be the only ones getting a beating lol.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15 2011, 08:10

In response to Baz's video - lightweights lol . . . . .

The latest news posted here lol (Bassong will be Captain ?) . . . . .

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has denied he is treating the Europa League with contempt.

Spurs have left 10 of the team from Saturday's 2-0 win at Wolves at home for the trip to face PAOK Salonika.

Andros Townsend, Jake Livermore and Yago Falque could start in Greece in the absence of the likes of Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Scott Parker.

"It's not a case of prioritising a game, it's just [using] what I have got," said Redknapp.

He pointed to a mounting injury list and Sunday's match against Liverpool as key factors in his selection.

"I couldn't bring players out here, play them on Thursday night and play the same group against Liverpool," added the Spurs boss.

"If I get a few injuries I have no back-up. I have nine senior, very, very good players who are injured.

"Some of them have played two international games so I wanted to change the team around.

"I have not been able to use the strong group I have for this first game because for this first game they're not fit.

"After this we will be able to field almost two very, very good teams in Europe."

Redknapp said defender Sebastien Bassong is likely to captain the side, which will have Giovani Dos Santos, Kyle Walker, Vedran Corluka, Roman Pavlyuchenko and either Carlo Cudicini or Heurelho Gomes as its senior players.

PAOK's squad is a mix of older South American players and young Greek talent. The club is renowned for the boisterous atmosphere at its Toumba Stadium.

"They are favourites to beat us because they are a good team," Redknapp said.

"They know it will be an intimidating game but it will be a good experience. I will learn a lot about the players when I see them play."

Spurs (from): Gomes, Cudicini, Archer, Bassong, Corluka, Walker, Waller-Lassen, Livermore, Townsend, Fredericks, Carroll, Nicholson, Parrett, Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Falque, Kane, Lancaster, Pritchard.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15 2011, 08:12

TBH I look forward to seeing a side picked from the above squad playing in hostile conditions. YIDDO'S. Pride and all that will see us thro' . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15 2011, 08:19

BazSpur wrote:The team may not be the only ones getting a beating lol.

LOL. One city one club, Kings Of Salonika. Not like they got a lot of opposistion lol ? Look like a bunch of 1970's wannabes. Welcome to the English diesease 'cos the Yid Nation is coming. PMSL these ultra fan vids look so naff. Young Spurs team with plenty to prove. Can't wait for this one. It's going to be a worthy test . . .. . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 15 2011, 09:38

They may be kings out there as you say Vis. They still have to come to the Lane where the atmoshere can also be intimidating.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15 2011, 10:33

why dont these english managers want to compete in the uefa cup.

surley you wanaput your wits aganst teams from other contiennts.

mic mcarthy said he never wants to get in the uefa cup.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15 2011, 10:43

Lought I agree. I would love to see Spurs lift the Euopa trophy . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 14:18