The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Citeh EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Citeh EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Citeh EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Citeh EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Citeh EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Citeh EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Citeh EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Citeh EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Citeh EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Citeh Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Citeh

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Citeh Empty Citeh

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 24 2011, 07:31

Will walk away with the league this season after watching them destroy utd , funny though looking at all the gutted prawn sandwich muncher's look sick to there stomachs lol , 2nd and 3rd up for grabs IMO as for citeh they were superb today i can't see anyone getting near them .

Citeh Empty Re: Citeh

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 07:51

They do look awesome at the moment Lobs but I do wonder if they will self-implode along the way ? For some strange reason they seem like an accident waiting to happen. But if they can keep this form going without distractions they will be hard to keep up with . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Oct 24 2011, 08:06

Titles are never, ever settled nine games into a season - and we are talking about Citeh whose supporters the words "long-suffering" we're specifically designed for.
    A very good performance from MCFC today and Manyoo as lifeless as a two week old lettuce but my instinct is there will be much harder afternoons for the $heikh's boys

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 09:42

yea fergie does seem to make things harder for hes team,

leaving hes 3 best players out aganst liverpool. surley they would of got 3 points if they had feielded there best team but they get a point and now lose today.

rio looked so slow. he left straight after the game to go and watch some nfl game or might be a football match but i cant see fergie putting up with rio much longer. i just hope we dont get him.

only good thing is dzeko got 2 late goals to keep my dream team top just lol

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 21:08

My man utd mate waits until match of the day to see how his team played, he doesnt bother to find out results until then.
    He texted me late last night saying good luck to man utd and spurs today as he switched on motd 2.
    Oh dear i thought, deary deary me ! i had sent him a text saturday night saying i reckon 4-1 to city, problem was i thought the game was at city...................even worse.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 25 2011, 00:02

VisionarySound wrote:They do look awesome at the moment Lobs but I do wonder if they will self-implode along the way ? For some strange reason they seem like an accident waiting to happen. But if they can keep this form going without distractions they will be hard to keep up with . . . .

All they will do is throw money at any problem , people say they will slip up, i watched the entire game i can't see them slipping up, all i can see is them getting stronger and stronger , they will win the league this season they have to much quality and they probably will go out in Jan and spend another 100mill , I'm sorry but they are miles ahead of the rest

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 00:27

LOBO wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:They do look awesome at the moment Lobs but I do wonder if they will self-implode along the way ? For some strange reason they seem like an accident waiting to happen. But if they can keep this form going without distractions they will be hard to keep up with . . . .

All they will do is throw money at any problem , people say they will slip up, i watched the entire game i can't see them slipping up, all i can see is them getting stronger and stronger , they will win the league this season they have to much quality and they probably will go out in Jan and spend another 100mill , I'm sorry but they are miles ahead of the rest

They have overtaken united and are probably on a par with barcelona right now.
    Its hard to see any challenges to them when they have the amount of money to chuck away they have.
    The main thing is that united and chelsea arent leaps and bounds in front of us anymore, and we did that without breaking the wage structure.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 25 2011, 00:37

Mr Plums. wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Its hard to see any challenges to them when they have the amount of money to chuck away they have.
    The main thing is that united and chelsea arent leaps and bounds in front of us anymore, and we did that without breaking the wage structure.

Exactly , I Honestly think 2nd is up for grabs, baring we can sort out some decent center backs in Jan , but there is no reason why we cant challenge for 2nd 3rd 4th spots , we need to be less fearless when we play the likes of utd and more ruthless when we play teams like Bolton n Blackburn

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 00:52

LOBO wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Exactly , I Honestly think 2nd is up for grabs, baring we can sort out some decent center backs in Jan , but there is no reason why we cant challenge for 2nd 3rd 4th spots , we need to be less fearless when we play the likes of utd and more ruthless when we play teams like Bolton n Blackburn

Too true, qpr might be in for a ruthless hammering.
    Walker is awesome in defence, he doesnt do sliding in and committing himself, but the cbs need sorting out.
    We have to be looking at cbs in the jan window, but i dont think cahill is the answer, just look at bolton leaking goals ?
    But the question is where ? and who ? and how much to make the defence watertight.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Oct 25 2011, 01:02

On a par with Barcelona ?

This is the side that were lucky manage a draw at home with Napoli, were humiliated by Bayern and nicked win at home to Villareal with a goal in the 93rd minute after a 2nd half in which they were outplayed for long periods by the Spaniards.

Perhaps it might be sensible to see if Citeh can actually manage to get out of the CL qualifying group before you sort out their ribbons for the trophy donchathink ?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 02:44

anicoll5 wrote:On a par with Barcelona ?

This is the side that were lucky manage a draw at home with Napoli, were humiliated by Bayern and nicked win at home to Villareal with a goal in the 93rd minute after a 2nd half in which they were outplayed for long periods by the Spaniards.

Perhaps it might be sensible to see if Citeh can actually manage to get out of the CL qualifying group before you sort out their ribbons for the trophy donchathink ?

Well said. just because they attack 10 men man u and scored 6 goals

we could of scored 6 aganst 9 men liverpool with20 mins left but no we prance around keepin ball aganst 9 men. ye thats well hard lol

the differnce with man c is they have proper strikers who can score and a team that play for each other.

would defoe pav or ade or bale pass for dzeko or shoot for hes 1st yesterday. milner pass the ball for a tap in

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 04:46

anicoll5 wrote:On a par with Barcelona ?

errrrrrrrr ! note the word probably nic, not set in stone !yet! but with the money they have they will probably overtake barce eventually ? wouldnt be surprised if they get messi sooner or later.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Oct 25 2011, 05:34

I am not for a moment suggesting that it was not a very good performance by Citeh but the result was a combination of Citeh good and Manyoo bad - You may recall Sunlun humiliated Chavski last season at the Bridge 3-0 - one of those days when it all goes right for one side and sh*t happens for the other - didn't you get a thumping at Fulham a few months ago ? Similar freak result

I would thoroughly enjoy Citeh v Barca though - and whisper it quietly mate but I am also looking forward to our next contest against the blue moon

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Dec 13 2011, 09:02

And I think after tonight's poor display at the Bridge we can rest easy that the PL remains open, wide wide open

Citeh on a par with Barca ???

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 11:36

city had no idea when chelsea scored. the chavs didnt look much better either.

this title is as open as jordan is on a first date.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 13 2011, 17:50

anicoll5 wrote:And I think after tonight's poor display at the Bridge we can rest easy that the PL remains open, wide wide open

Citeh on a par with Barca ???

After one poor game Nic? youve had at least 4 and only have one goalscorer, yet you are in touching distance. Citeh WILL bounce back and virtually have 2 prem winning teams. Its all very well coming on after the event, hindsights a wonderful thing. Lets draw our conclusions
    at 6pm on Sunday where your new found confidence would have been tested thoroughly.

As for Chelski, AVB bright young manager? the only success he has had lately is reverting to Mouhrino's tactics, mainly because he dont have the personel to carry out his own philosophy.
    We can judge him in January if and when Abramovic loosens the purse strings and he gets the players in to implement how he really wants to play, cos when he has done with these players they have been found out.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Dec 13 2011, 21:52

Hindsight Dave ? Read my earlier posts on the subject on the thread - I pointed out they were a good side but way overhyped

As for one poor game I don't think so

They were poor in the CL and clung on to their unbeaten record by the fingertips at Anfield

Last night they had run out of gas, we'll see what they have on the tank on Sunday
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 13 2011, 22:21

anicoll5 wrote:Hindsight Dave ? Read my earlier posts on the subject on the thread - I pointed out they were a good side but way overhyped

As for one poor game I don't think so

They were poor in the CL and clung on to their unbeaten record by the fingertips at Anfield

Last night they had run out of gas, we'll see what they have on the tank on Sunday

They will just bring in another quality player, who you playing at left back?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Dec 13 2011, 22:47

Tommy V Dave - he was excellent on Saturday - I have no problems with him slotting in there 'til Gibbs is back - or in fact on a long term basis

Wonder who Citeh are playing at Left back - Clichy suspended, apparently Kolarov injured ?

I think that leaves Wayne Bridge - all that cash and you end up relying on a bloke who was dreadful even among the truly awful Ammers last season - shocking innit Dave

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 13 2011, 22:50

anicoll5 wrote:Tommy V Dave - he was excellent on Saturday - I have no problems with him slotting in there 'til Gibbs is back - or in fact on a long term basis

Wonder who Citeh are playing at Left back - Clichy suspended, apparently Kolarov injured ?

I think that leaves Wayne Bridge - all that cash and you end up relying on a bloke who was dreadful even among the truly awful Ammers last season - shocking innit Dave

Who did he have to mark on Saturday Nic, my guess is he will be tested a little more than against the toffees
    yep, look forward to exchanging views on Sunday night
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Dec 13 2011, 23:02

No idea who TV marked Dave - Everton were that poor and Tommy spent most of the game on the front foot - since his return from injury he has looked a very good player though, excellent touch, decisive, very swift over the ground - I think he and Sturridge should be an excellent contest

As for Wayne Bridge his last run out was against the mighty Birmingham City on the Carling Cup on the 21st September - I wonder what Theo will make of that

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Dec 14 2011, 00:00

[quote="anicoll5"]No idea who TV marked Dave - Everton were that poor and Tommy spent most of the game on the front foot - since his return from injury he has looked a very good player though, excellent touch, decisive, very swift over the ground - I think he and Sturridge should be an excellent contest

As for Wayne Bridge his last run out was against the mighty Birmingham City on the Carling Cup on the 21st September - I wonder what Theo will make of that

Who knows with Walcott, breathtaking one minute, cant cross the next.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14 2011, 00:50

anicoll5 wrote:No idea who TV marked Dave - Everton were that poor and Tommy spent most of the game on the front foot - since his return from injury he has looked a very good player though, excellent touch, decisive, very swift over the ground - I think he and Sturridge should be an excellent contest

Is that the same Birmingham City who are the current Carling Cup Holders Nic? Can't quite recall who they beat in the final tho' Fishing . . . .

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 14 2011, 01:02

Its all a bit hazy Vis - so long ago
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Dec 14 2011, 02:56

A great piece of comedy in football..... You're lucky Nic I got it here as it still makes it in my top ten Football Youtube vids Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 03:25