The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Please Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 01 2011, 03:51

Oh dear let's hope this isn't the future . . . . .

White Hart Lane boss hopes to do business with his old friend from Old Trafford.

Harry Redknapp is reportedly keen on bringing in two experienced Man United campaigners in January to help in his pursuit of re-claiming a spot in the top four and a seat back at the Champions League top table.

The White Hart Lane boss has been singing the praises of Old Trafford centre back Rio Ferdinand for a few weeks now and as his former West Ham charge comes under some serious criticism, Redknapp would like to offer the 32 year old the chance of a move back down to London and a better chance of securing regular first team football.

The England international was dropped for Man United’s trip to Goodison Park after a horrendous display in the 6-1 mauling by Man City and he watched on as Jonny Evans and Nemanja Vidic kept a clean sheet. A way back into the Premier League champions’ first team may prove problematic given that youngsters Phil Jones and Chris Smalling have both impressed this season, albeit the latter playing more frequently at right back.

The Tottenham boss is also keen on striker Michael Owen who has signed a one year deal in the summer hoping to have a shot at breaking into Ferguson’s plans but has thus far managed just one Premier League sub appearance.

Redknapp lost two of his international strike quartet in the summer, with Peter Crouch and Robbie Keane leaving the club, he then struggled to bring in suitable replacements but did manage to nab Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Man City but could still do with more options up front, not least because Russian Roman Pavlyuchenko is unhappy at his continued lack of opportunities at the club.

It is thought that Harry Redknapp will make a combined offer of around £10m for the pair and will hope that his good relationship with Sir Alex may help in getting a deal done in January.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has not handed Redknapp a huge cash pot for new additions but is fully aware of just how important it is for the club to once again book a place back in the Champions League, especially after last season’s run to the Quarter Finals, and is therefore willing to offer funds to bring in players who can add top level experience to the North London club’s squad.

Given that both players named will be out of contract in the summer such an offer may be deemed a good one that is worth considering.

Re: Please Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 01 2011, 04:11

man u kept so many clean sheets with smaling then he gets dropped for rio and they get smashed.

rio past it .

Post by BazSpur on Tue Nov 01 2011, 04:12

Just bollox I reckon Vis. Even Arry wouldn't be that stupid to sign Ferdinand...........Well, maybe Ferdinand but surely not that old crock Owen.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO on Tue Nov 01 2011, 04:50

I think "hope" its not true, saying that though we do need a world class CB so we can remain a World Class Squad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22 2017, 13:47