The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
MarkA249
cstmrsking
djfitzo
LOBO
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
10 posters

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Aston Villa

Post by ionman34 Wed Nov 23 2011, 23:51

No one's buying what you're selling Nic.

Contrary to your self delusion, you really can't sell ice to an Eskimo.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 24 2011, 00:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:ye 442 we would score more goals then we have.

Lought there really isn't a lot of difference between 442 and 451 , having 5 across the middle makes it harder for other teams to take control of the game , ferguson has always flipped between the two and with a 451 formation we create more chances i believe , 442 we tend to lose the ball abd find it harder to take control of the midfield .

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 01:31

Order gentleman please, this is an aston villa v tottenham thread and its now all about the gooners. lol!
    not worried nic ? lol! lol! lol! lol!

Of course you are not, and wenger is making noises that he might quit.
    To be serious though, i preferred it when the two clubs were evenly matched, they were good hard matches and you have held sway in recent years,thats all over now, you will improve but that defence is woeful.
    What i read in your posts is that you detest what is happening but trying to strug it off, you have to live with it nic.
    I remember an a*se fan saying to me when campbell defected "live with it " well ! what can i say but the same when we finish above you this season "live with it son " lol!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Nov 24 2011, 01:43

An admirable confidence Lew "when we finish above you this season"

Keep your fingers crossed that come May that is how the season pans out because in addition to my ice sales project with the Inuit I am also working on a data storage idea with the King of the Elephants clown

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Nov 24 2011, 01:53

[quote="anicoll5"]An admirable confidence Lew "when we finish above you this season"

Keep your fingers crossed that come May that is how the season pans out because in addition to my ice sales project with the Inuit I am also working on a data storage idea with the King of the Elephants clown

The season pans out as it does Nic. The end will not dictate how you feel about the rivalry, it's the journey that does that.

Your presence on here is a fair testament to that. Missing for a while but suddenly come back when we appear to be in the ascendency? Because you felt the atmosphere here was better wasn't it? You enjoy the rivalry with us, if you didn't you wouldn't bother, no stimulus.

That's why no one buys your line Nic, the action belies the word.

Now then ............... Got this punter in the Sudan looking for a few Tonne of Sharp Sand.....................

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Nov 24 2011, 02:10

Trust me - I am here for the long haul Ion - through the good times and the bad - the trophy, the good performances and the humiliations, the sackings, the food poisoning not to mention the very long running saga of the redevelopment of the ground and the eagerly awaited trip to the Old Bailey - all human life is visible from the roller coaster car that is THFC

And when the boo boys are lacing it to Arry I will be there Ion - defending the poor sod while others hide in the bottom of the trench cyclops
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 24 2011, 03:01

anicoll5 wrote:Trust me - I am here for the long haul Ion - through the good times and the bad - the trophy, the good performances and the humiliations, the sackings, the food poisoning not to mention the very long running saga of the redevelopment of the ground and the eagerly awaited trip to the Old Bailey - all human life is visible from the roller coaster car that is THFC

And when the boo boys are lacing it to Arry I will be there Ion - defending the poor sod while others hide in the bottom of the trench cyclops

But forgetting about the 8-2 humiliation at Manure, losing to Blackburn, Mertasackme playing like Bambi on ice, Wenger doing the best impersonation of Basil Fawlty for years and the bottle of Evian that is the bouncing bomb and relying heavily on one player to carry your season, you have enough on your own board to keep you busy.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Nov 24 2011, 03:10

Nonsense Dave - we are virtually in a state of coma compared to you - every sweep to the top of the track followed by a stomach churning lurch to the bottom of the ride again - and the Spuds fans clinging on for grim death with the ever dependable Daniel Levy at the controls of the car.

SCREAM IF YOU WANT TO GO FASTER

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 24 2011, 03:16

anicoll5 wrote:Nonsense Dave - we are virtually in a state of coma compared to you - every sweep to the top of the track followed by a stomach churning lurch to the bottom of the ride again - and the Spuds fans clinging on for grim death with the ever dependable Daniel Levy at the controls of the car.

SCREAM IF YOU WANT TO GO FASTER

Wouldnt have it any other way, how about you, hanker for the days when you won things?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Nov 24 2011, 03:45

Not in the least mate - Arsenal have won enough trophies and qualified for enough CL slots in the last fifteen years to satisfy any football fan of a club for eight lifetimes

Amazed to see today that IF we can put Dortmund away tonight that will be twelve straight years we have gone through the groups and into the knock out phase - 12 years - extraordinary

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 03:54

anicoll5 wrote:Not in the least mate - Arsenal have won enough trophies and qualified for enough CL slots in the last fifteen years to satisfy any football fan of a club for eight lifetimes

Amazed to see today that IF we can put Dortmund away tonight that will be twelve straight years we have gone through the groups and into the knock out phase - 12 years - extraordinary

Well you have to chew on those past triumphs nic, i cant see that side you have qualifying for anything apart from the europa next term, and wenger has had enough of what is going on with your owners, he,s off mate, no champs league and wenger will be gone.
    ........and you aint paid for the charisma stadium yet ! about as atmospheric as a lead balloon.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 24 2011, 03:55

anicoll5 wrote:Not in the least mate - Arsenal have won enough trophies and qualified for enough CL slots in the last fifteen years to satisfy any football fan of a club for eight lifetimes

Yep extraordinary indeed, that you have still not won it, ever the bridesmaid, eh

Happy on past glories, careful Nic, you'll sound like a Spurs fan

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 05:23

im more intrested to see wenger team sheet aganst man c in carling cup lol
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Nov 24 2011, 06:00

An intriguing CC tie Lought - all tickets sold at £20 and £10 a ticket - much will depend on tonight - if we have to go for a result Athens - and Citeh will need to beat Bayern to have even a remote chance of the knockout stages of the CL then two second string line ups

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 24 2011, 06:30

all human life is visible from the roller coaster car that is THFC

And that my son is what makes us so interesting. You just never know what's going to happen next. As Dave says, wouldn't want it any other way.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 24 2011, 06:34

And when the boo boys are lacing it to Arry I will be there Ion -
    defending the poor sod while others hide in the bottom of the trench cyclops

I wouldn't worry Nic, no one hides on here. We tell it like it is. Unlike the Arsenal board Nic where one minute Wenger is god and the next minute you goons are callng for his head. I take it all is sweet between The Lizzy goon board and Mr Wenger at the moment again Nic. Flavour of the Month again is he? He better keep winning then hey?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Nov 24 2011, 07:44

As in all message boards Baz the rightist Trotskyist deviationists have gone to ground with improved results from Arsenal
    The first defeat and they will emerge to continue their filthy conspiracies, financed by Russian and Arab imperialists, against the honest and hard working Arsenal fans

I am having a Stalinist phase - its half time

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 07:55

PMSL, love it. Thanx Yids & Nic, you have extended this match threads life expectency by at least a quarter, closer to half. Superb debating, cutting, icey, harsh yet never personel or offensive. Thanx to all posters who have made this thread a certain something a touch spicy . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 24 2011, 09:17

This really has been a great thread. I really enjoyed the cut and thrust of the debate. I felt a little sorry for Nic halfway through, battling it out on his own but he did a good job so I don't feel that sorry for him lol. That's what forums are all about. Good banter.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Nov 24 2011, 22:40

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

I guess some people are just content with showing up.

Small wonder that the team chokes so often when the fans have no stomach for trophies but are content with a, shall we say, 'statistical success rate'.

Don't happen to be a Septic do you?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Nov 24 2011, 22:42

[quote="anicoll5"]Trust me - I am here for the long haul Ion

Oh I know mate.

That is what rivalry is all about.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 25 2011, 03:01

ionman34 wrote:

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204 Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204

I guess some people are just content with showing up.

Small wonder that the team chokes so often when the fans have no stomach for trophies but are content with a, shall we say, 'statistical success rate'.

Don't happen to be a Septic do you?

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 5 348204
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Nov 25 2011, 03:30

I see you boys get to play on a Wednesday next week against Salonika

How special is that ?? Wink

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 25 2011, 04:28

Could be that we will still be in Europe when you are out of the CL though.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Nov 25 2011, 05:24

It may happen Baz but as you are third in your group and we have just won ours I would not take it too much for granted - I sympathise with Arry - even I would struggle to go wild about Shamrock Rovers

I would watch out for Dortmund if you do get through - a very sharp outfit and but for the two injuries they suffered early last night might have gone home with a better result !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 21:19