The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
MarkA249
cstmrsking
djfitzo
LOBO
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
10 posters

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa

djfitzo
    International
    International

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Aston Villa

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 23 2011, 00:49

LOBO wrote: i still think we have much more to come , we played very well lastnight and we always do better when we play it from the back instead of long balls all the time , i do think though we are just starting to show what we can do , i can't wait to this team finally clicks into gear

I can see a 9-1 Wigan type result at some stage, we are crating so many chances.

To be honest Lobo, its not that side that im most pleased with, our battling qualities are what sets this Spurs
    team apart fromn others over the years.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 01:38

Spot on Dave. That is exactly what sets this team apart from other Spurs teams. Arry and the coaches have instilled a never say die attitude into us. Last season that was exactly the sort of game we would have thrown away. Last week at Fulham we would have lost that game a couple of season's ago ditto QPR. It's not just our attacking ability that has seen us rise up the table, it's our defending as well. I make you right Dave, sooner or later someone is going to get a hell of a tanking off us. It just needs everyone to click for that one game and someone will be mincemeat.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 01:58

There is a presecence about the team. We can still look a touch flaky under pressure but we don't look nearly as nervous or disjointed & liable to collapse when being attacked. The defence has been very good so far. The likes Of Daws & Gallas will find it hard to break back in. As will Thudd & Sandra. Hopefully it won't be because of injury but suspensions will play a part. There is a real resolve through-out the squad. You can see they are a tightly bonded unit enjoying their football & enjoying playing for each other. There will be up's & downs on the Spurs roller coaster ride, yet I think the up's will far outweigh a few downs and I read a quote from Bale today saying along the lines of "We wish to progress as a team, we are a young team & will progress together". The Modric saga could have disrupted everything yet seems to have strengthened insted. A real team ethic everywhere and a joy to see our club being billed, yet again, as the leagues entertainers and team people want to watch . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 02:01

Arry said in his interview last night "I love watching the football we play" So do we all Arry.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Nov 23 2011, 03:18

All this winning games and not playing 442 Lought will be p*ssed lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Nov 23 2011, 03:51

I still think having Scott Parker has made all the difference because other players feed of his confidence , they see him putting in a performance every game and to a degree it inspires other players to do the same, and also having a striker that can hold up the ball help .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 04:22

nic right. anyone who thought thats the best we played must be on drugs. we played well yet didnt create much. shay given didnt have much to do.

both goals came from bad mistakes.
    villa was shocking and how alex has got another job is beyond me. playin hesky for 90 mins.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 04:24

ye 442 we would score more goals then we have.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 23 2011, 06:20

nic right. anyone who thought thats the best we played must be on drugs. we played well yet didnt create much. shay given didnt have much to do.

Why does Given have to make saves to show how much we created?

1. Adebayor free header
    2. Adebayor clean through after Modric pass
    3. Adebayor following up shot that Given did save

Thats 3 without really trying, perhaps you was round Nic's house
    watching it.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Nov 23 2011, 06:29

djfitzo wrote:nic right. anyone who thought thats the best we played must be on drugs. we played well yet didnt create much. shay given didnt have much to do.

1. Adebayor free header

watching it.

lmao Dave ill help u out too

1 VDV when Ade played him in

2 Walkers rasper just flew past post

3 Defoe shot befoe Ades follow up

there is no pleasing some people we are playing well even Gary Neville and Danny Murphy was purring at how well we are playing a new chant join in Lought u can stick 442 up your a*se you can stick 442 up your a*se Dancing Footballer 8 wins in 9 great to be a Spurs fan playing looking at the fixtures we should beat them all even Chelski at home not as scary as normal

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 06:34

did i say we played bad. ade was briilant at holding the ball up. he worked harder then i ever seen pav work. the only thing lacking is hes to casual in front of goal.

we played better aganst liverpool at home

what we did better yesterday was we controlled the game for 90minutes.

just wish we was more ruthless in front of goal.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 06:53

451 or 4411 is working at the moment. I see no reason to change.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 07:41

anicoll5 wrote:Wasn't that long ago you were missing from here on account of your dissatisfaction with all the negative bleating Dave. I seem to recall at the time it was me suggesting Spuds were a better side than the "Arry out" brigade were ranting about.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in Wink

If you do not want to read anything I have to say then it is easy enough to blank me.

I cannot see it does any harm to have a bit of dispassionate comment on the board - rather than the incessant roller coaster ride of "Sack Arry - Arry is God"

Who said that ? Suspect Suspect sack arry ? how dare you bernard! Suspect Suspect

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:26

djfitzo wrote:nic right. anyone who thought thats the best we played must be on drugs. we played well yet didnt create much. shay given didnt have much to do.

1. Adebayor free header

watching it.

PMSL Dave. Till half-time anyways . . . . .

Lought posted . . .

On drugs Lought ? I fekin wish. Feed me a tab of the big E then watch me love me team up big stylee ! ! !

C'mon Lought how can you pick fault with last night ? We bossed the game and didn't even have to try that hard to do so ! Sometimes mate it's easier to see the positives rather then search deep for negatives . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:53

He is simply making the point I was that you were playing against a poorvsidecwith no ideas and very little spirit

Against such limited opposition it is very difficult to assess a performance

I thought your first halves against Fulham and QPR were both far better than anything last night

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:did i say we played bad. ade was briilant at holding the ball up. he worked harder then i ever seen pav work. the only thing lacking is hes to casual in front of goal.

we played better aganst liverpool at home

what we did better yesterday was we controlled the game for 90minutes.

just wish we was more ruthless in front of goal.

Errrrrrr yeah you have kinda intimated that we played not that good, therefore bad eh ? . Time to optimize Lought and try enjoying what is, so far; only so far, a good season . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:01

anicoll5 wrote:He is simply making the point I was that you were playing against a poorvsidecwith no ideas and very little spirit

Against such limited opposition it is very difficult to assess a performance

I thought your first halves against Fulham and QPR were both far better than anything last night

Nic it has been pointed out elsewhere in this post that you can only beat what is in front of you. We did. With ease and loads left in the tank. I saw last night differently to you. I saw US pass the ball with class, play a team off the park & canter to victory without having to break a sweat. If it was Barca or Brazzillia we had have been watching the commentators heads would have exploded trying to make euphyrisms (spelling is possibly incorrect) . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:14

Were we Barca in disguise? Were we Barca in disguise? Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 348204
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:21

I have done the topic to death Vis - decent performance, good at times, took the chances

Read too much into it ?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:22

And no Baz - at the present time you are not elephant

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:33

yet needed 2 bad mistakes from villa to score lol

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:39

Well, my take for what it's worth is we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we had lost to Villa we would have been crucified for it. but we beat them and it still isn't good enough. Were we great or were Villa poor? I agree with Vis, if that were Brazil or Spain the press would have been purring and we would be hailed as a super team. What if that had been United or City, or even Arsenal? The Gooner press and the a*se lickers of Man U would have been beside themselves Eulogizing what a great team display they witnessed last night but no, it's only Spurs so they have to say Villa were very poor. Sniff, sniff, smell that? That smells like fear to me. It's fear from the likes of Liverpool and Chelski that they may be about to be put out of the top 4. It's the smell of fear from Arsenal that not only might they also lose the top 4 spot but horror of horrors we might even finish above them. Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 752836Personally I couldn't give a flying f*ck if we won every game playing badly, it never bothered United, Liverpool or Arsenal if they won like that. In fact they are always commended for putting in a dour never say die performance and apparently marked them out as a team likely to win the Prem. The thing is though we didn't play badly. Some of our play last night was awesome, brilliant and a joy to watch. Let the knockers carry on knocking. I as a TRUE Spurs fan am very happy at the moment.

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 3 381934_2558679482724_1126113937_32872484_612892417_s

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:49

BANG ON BAZZA. Read that glass half-full merchants and weep your bitter tears of self defeat . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:52

Baz if you finish above us it will because you have been better than us in the PL - it really is not that big a thing
    If It was a big thing then the fact that Jack Wilshere had not started nursery school the last time Spuds managed to finish above Arsenal would be significant

But as I say it is a mere detail - a simple statistical sequence
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:56

What you need to focus on is breaking the sequence and young Jack's baby Archie not starting nursery, or maybe even turning out in the red shirt with white sleeves, before Spuds manage to finish above AFC again

History eh cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 22:49