The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

whinger whines again

whinger whines again

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23 2011, 20:22

It's not fair, It's not fair, It's not fair, It's not fair, It's not fair, It's not fair. Shut your whining ya myopic french tart . . . .

Wenger attacks 'unfair' Adebayor loan

arsenil manager arsene whinger

Arsene Wenger says the rules on Emmanuel Adebayor’s loan to Tottenham are unfair.

Manchester City are paying the majority of Adebayor’s £170,000-a-week wages, even though he is now helping Spurs in the battle for Champions League places.

Wenger also questioned whether City will be able to find a way round UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules after last week reporting annual losses of £194million.

Adebayor is not wanted by mega-rich City, but while they are still paying him to score goals against all of their rivals for domestic silverware, Premier League rules prevent him turning out against his parent club.

Wenger believes that part of the loan rule should be changed.

“If the loan is a loan, he should be able to play against everybody. That is the only thing I believe.

“Before, remember, you had the choice. There was a period where you had the choice [whether to allow an on-loan player to appear against his parent club or not] and I never, never refused the choice.

"I always said, 'Yes, you can play against us.' Even though, one time, we loaned Francis Jeffers and he scored against us.

"I allowed Jermaine Pennant to play against us with Leeds. I always allowed the players to play. I would allow Nicklas Bendtner to play against us (for Sunderland, where the striker is currently on loan).”

Adebayor scored twice for Tottenham against Aston Villa on Monday night, and Arsenal's arch-rivals are now odds-on for the top four.

Wenger also has issues with UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules and doubts whether the laws will have enough teeth to prevent rich clubs spending beyond their means in annual turnover.

As well as City's incredible losses, Wenger fears other rich clubs such as Paris Saint Germain, Spain's Malaga and Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala could gang up and challenge UEFA, who recently lost face because of a legal challenge by Swiss club Sion.

Wenger said: “When I see the numbers announced by Man City, do you really think it will work in 2013? I cannot see it when the wage bill is bigger than the turnover. Frankly, that cannot happen in one year.

“And secondly, with what happened with Sion challenging Uefa, they have lost a lot of power.

“We live in a world where any decision made is challenged. Europe has, a little bit, created that and we see how far Europe has gone. The authority of the legal affairs is challengeable everywhere.

“Will UEFA be capable to force the rule through? I question it.

"Will they have the legal power to force that through today? I question it because it looks like, in other countries, you have as well PSG and Malaga.

“Once they represent a force together, it will be difficult to fight against.”

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Re: whinger whines again

Post by anicoll5 on Wed Nov 23 2011, 20:40

I would have thoughtbyoubwould be in favour of Ade being able to play against Citeh

You are after all paying 50% of his £185k weekly wage - explain to me why Citeh decide he cannot play against them ?

Mind you Arry made an a*se of himself refusing to let Jamie O'Hara play in the FA Cup semi final for Pompey Idea

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:40

Look at the Premier League rules on loans Nic and you will see why a loan player is not allowed to play against his parent club. Shimples, it's the rules. I didn't make the rules the EPL made the rules. Ah but of course - ze rules should not count if zay offend whinger in any way. Self-opinionated & myopic is monsewer whinger . . . .
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:59

And pray tell me why they are the "Rules" Vis ?

If Citeh lend you a player who evidently has no part in their plans - and you pay a shedload of cash in wages to that player why do the "rules" say he can't play ?

Seems to me it is a bit like players getting booked for removing their shirts - or having a poppy on the shirt in early November - decisions made by 57 old farts who decide the "rules" with no reference to anyone outside their corrupt litte clique

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:34

anicoll5 wrote:And pray tell me why they are the "Rules" Vis ?

If Citeh lend you a player who evidently has no part in their plans - and you pay a shedload of cash in wages to that player why do the "rules" say he can't play ?

Seems to me it is a bit like players getting booked for removing their shirts - or having a poppy on the shirt in early November - decisions made by 57 old farts who decide the "rules" with no reference to anyone outside their corrupt litte clique

But those rules apply to all teams, the fact is until the new financial rules come in and even then Citeh will find a way round them,all teams, even Arsenal have loaned very good players to teams that could cause damage to their opponents.

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:57

anicoll5 wrote:And pray tell me why they are the "Rules" Vis ?

Shimples Nic. Because they are the rules. A bit like the rule that states if a player removes his shirt in celebration of a goal he gets booked. Rules is rules and apply to all the relevent parties participating in a system covered by the rules of that system. I believe that the Premier League chairpersons are responsable for devising the rules that govern the Premier League. They are open to challenge at the various meetings held and I think have to be agreed by a minimum of at least 14 clubs in the Premier at that time. I would also imagine they are read & ratifyed, amnded as required & adopted at the start of every season . . .
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Wed Nov 23 2011, 23:14

As a matter of interest Vis the booking players for removing their shirts is a FIFA directive introduced 5-6 years ago - there was a funny programme a while back about it with a Scots journo going to FIFA headquarters to establish exactly why the rule had been created, and by who in the organisation

Oddly enough he could no answer to either question - it had simply been "handed down" - the same as the "rules" concerning players not being available against the clubs that loan them out by the PL

No reference to the players, the fans, broadcasters or the sponsors who pay these 57 old farts salaries

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23 2011, 23:58

Nic without rules the result would be anarchy. It is accepted Premier League practice (&indeed the rule)that players loaned between Premier clubs cannot play against their parent company. All clubs in the Premier agree to this including monsewer whingers club. No good bleating about it now. He should have requested his chair do so in a previous meeting of clubs and try to change the ruling at that time rather then doing so during the season and yet again making his-self look petty & picky. . . .
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Thu Nov 24 2011, 00:08

Before the "rule" was introduced Vis and players were able to turn out against the club who had seen fit to loan them out I do not recall ANARCHY breaking out Vis - As Wenger points out plenty of players from AFC have been loaned out and played against us.

I do not recall in last season's FA Cup tie against Leeds all hell breaking loose cos the Arsenal player Sanchez Watt was on the opposing side !!

Any more than I recall rioting in the stadiums cos some striker whipped his shirt off and waved it round his head or exposed his "I love Sharon" vest.

Clearly the threat of more rioting in N17 would be heightened by Ade taking the pitch against Citeh

Anarchy indeed - more like rules for bloody rules sake, imo

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24 2011, 00:38

Ye Gods. The rules have changed and not just this season. What part of rule change can't people accept ? Changed & agreed by the Premier League clubs, one of which is monsewer whingers employer . . . .

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Thu Nov 24 2011, 00:50

Nic, any reason why Carlos Vela didnt play against you when loaned to West Brom in March?

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Thu Nov 24 2011, 00:56

By reason of being a sad anorak I looked up the offending "rule" in the Premier League handbook - page 151- it appears there is not actually a "rule"

"if during the period of a Temporary Transfer the Player’s registration is transferred permanently from the Transferor Club to the Transferee Club, the two Clubs may agree in writing (to be copied to the League) that the Player shall not play against the Transferor Club for the remainder of the Season;"

Bleeding Anarchy !
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Thu Nov 24 2011, 00:58

I would guess the same reason that Bendtner did not play for Sunlun a few weeks ago the "rules" forbid it - from what you can see above from the PL however this so called rule does not appear to exist unless both parties agree to it in writing.

As I said Dave it is bollox

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24 2011, 01:14

So monsewer whinger bleats about the loan rules when in fact no rules even exist. Oh dear silly myopic monsewer whinger didn't check his facts . . . .
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Thu Nov 24 2011, 01:38

We are but two steps from ANARCHY Vis

No doubt players will be shirtless next Shocked

Another of my favourites is the "technical area" and the rules surrounding where a manager can stand, or not stand

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 24 2011, 02:15

A ruling that monsewer whinger vialates every game my dear Nic, every game . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17 2017, 14:30