The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why a spurs boss? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why a spurs boss? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why a spurs boss? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why a spurs boss? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why a spurs boss? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why a spurs boss? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why a spurs boss? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why a spurs boss? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why a spurs boss? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why a spurs boss? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Why a spurs boss?

Why a spurs boss? Empty Why a spurs boss?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 06:14

Instead of taking harry redknapp to court for a measly sum, why not find all the foreign cheats who rape the country of billions.
    Why because they are so fcking useless and its easier to pick on a high profile manager in football.
    What about the scum that claim they have 10 children when they only have 2, and the countries tax payers have to fund their way of life.
    What about the a*seholes that have a multitude of fcking names to claim benefits, a certain tv programme have uncovered a few, but how many are lurking in their ratholes.
    Thats what is wrong with this country, a child molester is free after 18 months of being a good boy in prison, a tax evader might be made an example of....f*cking witless idiots who run the country.
    They should get their priorities right, who knows if harry is guilty or not, what does £180,000 amount to compared to the crap the british taxpayer has to put up with.
    The more i read the details of the tottenham hotspur managers case the more i am incensed.
    Rant over............!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Why a spurs boss? Empty Re: Why a spurs boss?

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jan 26 2012, 06:45

Well said lew and i hope you dont mind mate but iv copied and pasted this to my facebook page
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Jan 26 2012, 07:59

Oh Dear!

.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 08:12

Mr Plums, Lew, according to the prosecution he has robbed the public purse. Therefore a court case is needed to clear his name or hand out a custodial sentence. It's all to do with the Gavvers & CPS. If he is guilty he has commited a crime, not unlike the dole dodgers you point to in your post. If guilty (and I make the point IF GUILTY) he is no different to the multi-named fraudents you say about. It's called the British Justice System and according to the Crown Prosecution Service Mr Redknapp has broken it. For what it's worth the rich always manage to avoid revenue charges . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 21:23

Collectively vis, the country is being robbed of billions by people exploiting the ridiculous system we have in this country, it is open to...and subject to monstrous abuse, by thousands of foreigners.
    Harry must have paid millions in tax over the years of his football career, both as a manager and player.
    If he has cheated the system then what it amounts to is paltry compared to the scams the tax payer has to put up with from foreigners claiming benefits.
    All of us as tax payers have to pay the price of the country being fleeced by price rises one way or another.
    Vis i dont mind this being moved to non football, as it is going that way.LOL.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jan 26 2012, 21:29

Mr Plums. wrote:Collectively vis, the country is being robbed of billions by people exploiting the ridiculous system we have in this country, it is open to...and subject to monstrous abuse, by thousands of foreigners.
    Harry must have paid millions in tax over the years of his football career, both as a manager and player.
    If he has cheated the system then what it amounts to is paltry compared to the scams the tax payer has to put up with from foreigners claiming benefits.
    All of us as tax payers have to pay the price of the country being fleeced by price rises one way or another.

And the latest fleecing of the tax payer is the Olympics, which is going to cost us tax payers over 24 billion quid and how much did they say we would get revenue wise from tourism = 2 billion, our country is apprently skint and going into a double dip recession.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 21:34

djfitzo wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:Collectively vis, the country is being robbed of billions by people exploiting the ridiculous system we have in this country, it is open to...and subject to monstrous abuse, by thousands of foreigners.

And the latest fleecing of the tax payer is the Olympics, which is going to cost us tax payers over 24 billion quid and how much did they say we would get revenue wise from tourism = 2 billion, our country is apprently skint and going into a double dip recession.

Sounds like good business sense that dave.LOL.
    A bit like gordon brown selling off our gold reserves when the price was low, since then over the last 5 years gold prices have soared, and we vote in idiots to run the country to do things like that. lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:10

Sounds like good business sense that dave.LOL.
    A bit like gordon
    brown selling off our gold reserves when the price was low, since then
    over the last 5 years gold prices have soared, and we vote in idiots to
    run the country to do things like that. lol!

Oh, for a Crystal ball that actully works eh Lew?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:40

VisionarySound wrote:Mr Plums, Lew, according to the prosecution he has robbed the public purse. Therefore a court case is needed to clear his name or hand out a custodial sentence. It's all to do with the Gavvers & CPS. If he is guilty he has commited a crime, not unlike the dole dodgers you point to in your post. If guilty (and I make the point IF GUILTY) he is no different to the multi-named fraudents you say about. It's called the British Justice System and according to the Crown Prosecution Service Mr Redknapp has broken it. For what it's worth the rich always manage to avoid revenue charges . . . .

Spot on Vis. Justice for all is what it should be and whoever tries to fleece the system should face the full force of the law. I have had to pay my taxes, why should anyone else get away with it. The thing with Harry though is it isn't that simple as he is accused of alledgedly putting bung money into a secret account taken out in the name of his dog. Fishy? If true of course it is. The rich have alwys had the opportunity to fleece the system and even when convictited very rarely face punitive measures as they will alwys have lawyer who is well versed in the ways to get his client off the hook. The only person I can think of in recent times who got jail for tax evasion is Lestor Pygott. Isn't it great when you can set up an offshore bank account to avoid paying taxes in the country where you make your living?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 23:08

BazSpur wrote:Sounds like good business sense that dave.LOL.
    A bit like gordon
    brown selling off our gold reserves when the price was low, since then
    over the last 5 years gold prices have soared, and we vote in idiots to
    run the country to do things like that. lol!

Oh, for a Crystal ball that actully works eh Lew?

Baz, can i tell you that people dealing in gold as long as eight years ago knew there was going to be a gold boom, there are many reasons for that, one is recessions, others are the rise and fall of the pound and dollar.
    A man working in goverment should have had more sense than to do that.
    Many didnt need a crystal ball, but brown certainly did.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 23:25

BazSpur wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Mr Plums, Lew, according to the prosecution he has robbed the public purse. Therefore a court case is needed to clear his name or hand out a custodial sentence. It's all to do with the Gavvers & CPS. If he is guilty he has commited a crime, not unlike the dole dodgers you point to in your post. If guilty (and I make the point IF GUILTY) he is no different to the multi-named fraudents you say about. It's called the British Justice System and according to the Crown Prosecution Service Mr Redknapp has broken it. For what it's worth the rich always manage to avoid revenue charges . . . .

Spot on Vis. Justice for all is what it should be and whoever tries to fleece the system should face the full force of the law. I have had to pay my taxes, why should anyone else get away with it. The thing with Harry though is it isn't that simple as he is accused of alledgedly putting bung money into a secret account taken out in the name of his dog. Fishy? If true of course it is. The rich have alwys had the opportunity to fleece the system and even when convictited very rarely face punitive measures as they will alwys have lawyer who is well versed in the ways to get his client off the hook. The only person I can think of in recent times who got jail for tax evasion is Lestor Pygott. Isn't it great when you can set up an offshore bank account to avoid paying taxes in the country where you make your living?

Baz, and just how much did lester piggott earn the country in revenue, do you know in the days of that jockey if he went to a small course up north or somewhere for a couple of rides it actually boosted the course attendance figure triplefold, people paid to go and watch him ride, an indiscretion and he gets jailed for it.

You know what is more important these days, the cost of a life, or permanent injuries to innocent people, paedos, muggers and murderers get off lightly, paedos are allowed to go into hiding when they have devastated a childs life, murderers can get away with a few years, thats what is wrong, thats where i scoff at the law of the country, surely those crimes are more horrific than conning the taxman out of a few quid that will probably be chucked into some loss making scheme of the government sooner or later.
    Its a load of bollox mate.
    I know of business men that arent rich enough to open off shore accounts, but they have good accountants and can save thousands in tax per year, it goes on everywhere baz in a legal way ,but in the grand scheme of things it pales into insignifigance when compared to the real crimes that hardly get a punishment these days.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 23:47

Well, for start there is a big difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. One is legal the other is not. So what if Lester Pyggot earned smaller race courses more money that doesn't entitle him to break the law. That's why I said justice for all in my post above. Everybody and I don't care whether they are rapists Paedophiles or tax cheats should be subject to the law. Of course some sentences handed out are way too lenient we all know that, but it doesn't entitle tax cheats to break the law does it? So someone gets a lenient sentence after rape and that absolves a tax cheat of his/her crime does it? I think not.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 23:49

Moved to non footbll posts as it has become a general thred more than about footbll. Thank You.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 01:30

BazSpur wrote:Well, for start there is a big difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. One is legal the other is not. So what if Lester Pyggot earned smaller race courses more money that doesn't entitle him to break the law. That's why I said justice for all in my post above. Everybody and I don't care whether they are rapists Paedophiles or tax cheats should be subject to the law. Of course some sentences handed out are way too lenient we all know that, but it doesn't entitle tax cheats to break the law does it? So someone gets a lenient sentence after rape and that absolves a tax cheat of his/her crime does it? I think not.

Well we differ baz, you know the old saying m8, the laws an ass.
    Nothing, nothing compares to peoples lives being affected by crime, nothing at all.
    Tax evasion is minor compared to people being killed, raped, mugged or children abused.
    If you think the legal system is fair then talk to some victims and how their aggressors got naff all for their crime.
    The law is only created by people who think they know better, and who are in power.
    The only reason why they will make an example of harry is to warn others of the implications of doing the taxman out of his chunk.
    Shame they dont do the same to a burglar who beats up an old woman for the £50 in her purse, and gets 3 months and hardly a mention in the news.
    Doing the taxman is hardly in the same league ! is it ?
    Thats why baz, we read of the outrage at judges sentences for horrific crimes, its all out of context and the law (as a whole ) needs to show some consistency.
    As for lester piggott being given a jail sentence, well that was laughable, the bloke earned millions for his country, not just by putting attendances up at small courses but by being the racing icon he was, any derby day from the 1950s up to 2000, what jockey did the non racing public know about ? mainly only piggott, thats where the public plonked their once a year gamble and gambling was taxed in those days, every £1 gambled had a tax of 10% added, or deducted from winning bets, these days i believe the bookmakers absorb the tax payable on bets.
    To say he isnt above the law when it comes to paying his tax is correct, to hand a jail sentence out for it is wrong, a severe fine would have been enough, and i believe his sentence was cut short anyway.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 01:49

If you think the legal system is fair then talk to some victims and how their aggressors got naff all for their crime.

Where did I say I thought it was fair Lew? Don't put words in my mouth. I actully said it wasn't fair.

That's why I said justice for all in my
    post above. Everybody and I don't care whether they are rapists
    Paedophiles or tax cheats should be subject to the law. Of course some
    sentences handed out are way too lenient we all know that, but it
    doesn't entitle tax cheats to break the law does it?

as I said. Just because a rapist gets a lenient sentence does that mean cheating the tax system is ok then? answer that one mate. So I see someone get a lenient sentence for rape or murder does that entitle me to think I can rob a shop? after all by your thought Lew it's not as bad as rape or murder. Of course tax cheating isn't as bad as murder but it's still breking the law and no matter what they do for the country it's no excuse. The Police and emergency services do a lot for the country. They still pay taxes though.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 02:22

BazSpur wrote:

as I said. Just because a rapist gets a lenient sentence does that mean cheating the tax system is ok then? answer that one mate. So I see someone get a lenient sentence for rape or murder does that entitle me to think I can rob a shop? after all by your thought Lew it's not as bad as rape or murder. Of course tax cheating isn't as bad as murder but it's still breking the law and no matter what they do for the country it's no excuse. The Police and emergency services do a lot for the country. They still pay taxes though.

It doesnt make it ok baz, my point is that harrys case has become one of horrific headlines, if society got its priorities right it would put those things i have mentioned in a different category to tax evasion.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 02:31

They are in a different category it's just that sentencing doesn't always reflect that. On that I agree with you.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 02:57

By the way baz i just refreshed my memory by looking up the lester piggott case.
    He got 3 years for tax evasion.
    A newmarket trainer at the time David Thom commented that lester had paid into the system more money than a hundred people, a stiff fine would have been enough, its the dangerous criminals that need locking up.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 03:07

He didn't do the 3 years though. He did 200 and something days if memory serves me right.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 03:10

its the dangerous criminals that need locking up.

Of course it is. But we can't let minor crimes go unpunished. Not even illegal parking.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:56

Hhmmmmmmmmm over seas banking,theres a thing, wonder how Greece is doing? Question

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 08:16

Mr Plums. wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:

It doesnt make it ok baz, my point is that harrys case has become one of horrific headlines, if society got its priorities right it would put those things i have mentioned in a different category to tax evasion.

Lew if you dance with the devil you must expect to have to dance the tango . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Jan 27 2012, 08:20

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2010/03/30/time-to-face-tax-realities/

Check out the link.

A poor person cheats the dole out of a few quid. A rich man cheats the Tax Man out of Millions!

Theft is Theft Is Theft, wether your a Homer or a Foreigner.

All to often we see the well connected privileged buy there way out of trouble, so to my way of thinking there is no point in fineing a rich person for Tax evasion when they can afford it, hardly a deterent!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 08:22

Lew if you dance with the devil you must expect to have to dance the tango . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29 2012, 19:42

VisionarySound wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:

It still doesnt compare to the crimes that affect or ends peoples lives imo.
    I knew a girl years ago who was abused by her father, when she grew up she was in and out of mental hospitals.
    By some miracle she managed to meet a bloke, got married and had 2 kiddies, but it broke up after several years because she couldnt bare to be touched by the husband after a while, it seems the damage her father had done was irrepairable in the long term.
    I get where you are all coming from, i really do, there are laws that have to be adhered to, but money pales into insignifigance when it comes to a persons life being radically altered by a more vicious crime than tax evasion, by the way are you all saying then that if you had the chance to stash away a bit of cash with tax due on it that you would say, " here mr taxman " " have your cut " lol...are you all that squeaky clean? lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20 2024, 00:07