The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
PMSL - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
PMSL - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
PMSL - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
PMSL - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
PMSL - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
PMSL - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
PMSL - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
PMSL - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
PMSL - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

PMSL - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

PMSL

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

PMSL - Page 2 Empty Re: PMSL

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 17 2012, 19:31

Well why do you watch his post match interviews Dave ?

In fact why watch any post match interviews ?

The winning manager gives it the Grinning 'Trrfic over the moon the boys done great one game at a time' cobblers

The losing manager gives it the teeth sucking whinge about 'played well decisions by officials sick as a parrot tiredness one game at a time' cobblers

The only post match interview I have watched this season is Kenneth following Suarez and the non handshake

And we did not even get to the end as he stormed off Smile
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 17 2012, 19:36

[quote="anicoll5"]Well why do you watch his post match interviews Dave ?

Because as a fan and a poor permance by the team I support, it would be nice for the manager to explain it.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 17 2012, 19:51

Well if you ever hear a coherent explanation - or in fact hear an interviewer ask the sort of question that might lead to the start of a proper answer get straight in touch

I was reminded however of the Boro manager Gordon Strachan - asked by an idiot interviewer in the aftermath of yet another thrashing how he intended to spend Saturday evening - and his response that he " aimed to have a quiet night at home getting drunk and doing drugs"

So the potential is there
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 17 2012, 21:17

Do I sense a bit of frustration at Arsenal's poor attempt to see us off completely Nic. We're still there at the moment.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 17 2012, 21:27

Would have been lovely to " see you off completely"

However even with three points last night plenty of turns to come

You can tick the frustrated box on Arteta's broken ankle though !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:28

Didn't know he broke his ankle Nic. No chance of a Wilshire comeback this season either apparently? That's not going to help.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:38

That is the story this morning Baz and I cannot even recall how it happened last night - one minute Arteta was fine the next he was limping off - went home on crutches with his foot in a pressure boot !

Jack is out for the season and the Euros - no doubt Stuart Pearce will be pencilling him in for the Olympics Smile

And then of course there is the missing Diaby (who ?)

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:41

I saw the game too Nic and never saw any collision between Arteta and another player.That's Strange.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18 2012, 02:57

I know exactly when it started, ball ran through and Calwell helped shepheard the ball back to the keeper at which point Van Persil in frustation shoved Caldwell in the back.

Strange that when RVP baited Tim Krull at the end of the Newcastle game
    when THEY won it was ok, if you give it out, gotta take it too.

I also thougth Wenger was again, very ungracious in his post match interview, perhaps he should send Pat Rice out instead.

DJ have a rep for that post.
    i saw rvp run upto krul and baited him and laughing in hes face. even the pics was on the sun website

the guy has no class.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Apr 18 2012, 03:07

Yawn

Are you all excited tonight Lought - Jose's on !!!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Apr 18 2012, 06:34

Ouch, was that a bit of skin Lought got under there Nic ? Saucer of milk for Nic . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 18 2012, 07:01

Lemons may be more appropriate Vis lol.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Apr 18 2012, 07:40

How does that work then Vis - you or Lought say something stupid

I say that is stupid

You say " oooo we are really getting to you"

I don't think you really are

Suit yourselves though

Flies do
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Apr 18 2012, 19:02

anicoll5 wrote:How does that work then Vis - you or Lought say something stupid

I say that is stupid

You say " oooo we are really getting to you"

I don't think you really are

Suit yourselves though

Flies do

Nic, so when you come on here and make comments that we feel are stupid, we are not allowed to comment?
    RVP and Whinger are ungracious bad losers, theres no getting away from it.
    Just like you when we have had bad games, suck it up and take like we have to when you make your smart comments on here.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Apr 18 2012, 19:37

Please feel free to comment if you regard my comments as stupid Dave

As for my response to the defeat by Wigan did you not read anything I had to say about the game ?

Was I " ungracious" ? A " bad sport" ? in my comments about the Pie Eaters great effort ?

I have learned to treat those twin imposters just the same

In my opinion

If you feel I have been in sufficiently full of praise then feel free to wax lyrical on by behalf
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:10

anicoll5 wrote:Please feel free to comment if you regard my comments as stupid Dave

As for my response to the defeat by Wigan did you not read anything I had to say about the game ?

Was I " ungracious" ? A " bad sport" ? in my comments about the Pie Eaters great effort ?

I have learned to treat those twin imposters just the same

In my opinion

If you feel I have been in sufficiently full of praise then feel free to wax lyrical on by behalf

But we were not talking about you were we!!
    But you seem to defend your own, which is natural, even though there is nothing to defend.

You went on and on about Bales diving and what to do about him and yet Ashley Young gets one comment from you.

Its not like we went on and on about Whinger and RVP, a few comments and you put "yawn" ffs grow up, like I said if your smart enough to make clever comments on here, be smart enough to take them too.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:47

So "we" were not talking about me ? Odd - I thought your advice to "suck it up" was directed at me. Who were you referring to ?

Regarding Young as I saw neither game live I did not weigh in at the time. Having seen the incidents since both are blatant cheating that merit at least a three game ban.

And that is why my dear chap I posted the Guardian link on Monday from Fergie demanding the three game ban for Eduardo - while seemingly taking a very different line with his dramatically falling winger

I recall Young doing the same in a cup tie at Gillingham

Ban him - ban Bale - ban Suarez- and ban every other cheat no matter whose shirt they wear (disgrace)

Any not of that you don't follow ?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Apr 18 2012, 20:55

anicoll5 wrote:So "we" were not talking about me ? Odd - I thought your advice to "suck it up" was directed at me. Who were you referring to ?

Regarding Young as I saw neither game live I did not weigh in at the time. Having seen the incidents since both are blatant cheating that merit at least a three game ban.

And that is why my dear chap I posted the Guardian link on Monday from Fergie demanding the three game ban for Eduardo - while seemingly taking a very different line with his dramatically falling winger

I recall Young doing the same in a cup tie at Gillingham

Ban him - ban Bale - ban Suarez- and ban every other cheat no matter whose shirt they wear (disgrace)

Any not of that you don't follow ?

You love to twist it dontcha!!

The thread was about your loss to Wigan, when it went onto RVP and Whinger was what we was referring to and then you entered into with your yawn comment, if it bores she so much, why bother?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Apr 19 2012, 05:42

As far as I can see from my posts Dave I didn't - the thread as you recognise was about Wigan

What a pity you had no comment on their performance

Glad you managed to find the Guardian link

And I see you've nothing to add on the the cheating debate

Watch Dani Alves tonight - he is another cheating b*stard - lets see if the meeja can get their collective tongue out of the Barca anus to recognise it
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 19 2012, 19:05

anicoll5 wrote:As far as I can see from my posts Dave I didn't - the thread as you recognise was about Wigan

What a pity you had no comment on their performance

Glad you managed to find the Guardian link

And I see you've nothing to add on the the cheating debate

Watch Dani Alves tonight - he is another cheating b*stard - lets see if the meeja can get their collective tongue out of the Barca anus to recognise it

But will you go on the Barca board and make a witch hunt out of him like you did Gareth Bale or is it just the Spurs board that you like to air your frustrations?

Like you, I abhor any cheating in footie, whether it be blatant diving or the unwritten rule of a defender being able to block an attacker/winger to shepherd the ball out for a goalkick, what i dont do is go on other boards and single out a particular player, cos they are all as bad as one another.

Anyway, we are moving away from the thread and you seeming to take umbrage at a few comments made by Spurs fans on RVP and Whingers lack
    of good grace, when because of Spurs alarming drop in form, youve had a bit of a field day on here with us!!

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Apr 19 2012, 19:14

Lead me to the Barca board Dave and I am more than happy to unleash my fury on Alves

Ironically last night he managed to get through almost the whole game without cheating, just one shin clutching dive as far as I recall

Drogba however seemed to have his vertical and horizontal confused - bizarre display although a well taken goal

I fancy the Catalans for the second leg however
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Apr 19 2012, 19:18

Oh and PS Dave I take no umbrage at all of any comments concerning your or other posters opinions on the behaviour of players or managers, good or bad.
    Freedom of speech and all that Smile
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 19 2012, 19:35

anicoll5 wrote:Lead me to the Barca board Dave and I am more than happy to unleash my fury on Alves

Ironically last night he managed to get through almost the whole game without cheating, just one shin clutching dive as far as I recall

Drogba however seemed to have his vertical and horizontal confused - bizarre display although a well taken goal

I fancy the Catalans for the second leg however

Strangely enough i'm a bit concerned, Cheatski only need an away goal to make things very difficult and like Liverpool did with a very ordinary team and actually win it, third becomes very important.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Apr 19 2012, 19:58

Let me say were Chels to sneak an early goal in the Camp Nou then my blood pressure would be raised a notch !!

Taking nothing away from a robust performance from the home side last night though I find it hard to believe that Barca will squander as many chances at home as they did in the first leg. If it had bee 1-3 at half time and 1-5 at the final whistle Chelsea could not have moaned.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 19 2012, 20:05

anicoll5 wrote:Let me say were Chels to sneak an early goal in the Camp Nou then my blood pressure would be raised a notch !!

Taking nothing away from a robust performance from the home side last night though I find it hard to believe that Barca will squander as many chances at home as they did in the first leg. If it had bee 1-3 at half time and 1-5 at the final whistle Chelsea could not have moaned.

Alas that was not the case and ive just got this horrible feeling about the Chavs, should make your game Saturday interesting, Cheatski bouyed by hammering us and then beating Europes best team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 11:34