The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

mr nice guy

mr nice guy

Post by Guest on Thu May 10 2012, 11:02

Ray Wilkins on drink-driving charge

Mr Wilkins was pulled over by police near his Surrey home
    Former England, Chelsea and Manchester United star Ray Wilkins has been charged with drinking and driving.

The Sky TV football pundit was pulled over near his home in Cobham, Surrey, in the early hours of Monday and arrested, according to Surrey Police.

Mr Wilkins, 55, who is a former coach at Chelsea, was questioned at Reigate police station and charged.

He was released on bail to appear at North Surrey Magistrates' Court on 21 May.

The former midfielder won 84 caps for England and played for a number of clubs including AC Milan and Queens Park Rangers during a career that spanned three decades from the 1970s.

Awarded an MBE
    Mr Wilkins also had spells at Rangers and Hibernian.

He was the first England player to be sent off during a World Cup finals when he received the only red card of his career against Morocco in Monterrey, Mexico, in 1986.

In 1993 he was awarded an MBE for services to football.

He managed QPR and Fulham in the mid-1990s before two spells as Chelsea's assistant coach, helping Gianluca Vialli in 1999 and 2000, then rejoining in September 2008.

In November 2010 Chelsea announced they would not be renewing his contract.

A spokeswoman for Surrey Police said: "Ray Wilkins... was arrested in Fairmile Lane, Cobham, around 01:50 BST on Monday.

"He was interviewed at Reigate police station before being charged and bailed."

Re: mr nice guy

Post by BazSpur on Thu May 10 2012, 11:06

Tut, tut Ray.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Thu May 10 2012, 18:37

Stay on your feet Ray

daded09
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by daded09 on Thu May 10 2012, 20:18

naughty boy

Post by Guest on Thu May 10 2012, 23:49

omg nic i said that 2 my mate last night about ray and
    was going to post the same comment on here

stay on your feet

vis

Post by vis on Fri May 11 2012, 08:02

I heard a rumour that Chelski got shot off Ray because of Rays shall we say ingestion issues ? Dunno how true it was but . . . . . . . . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

daded09
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by daded09 on Fri May 11 2012, 08:32

lolo;
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO on Fri May 11 2012, 08:54

You know what really p*sses me of is when people like this get caught took to the station and released within the hour , normal people get to spend a night in the cell , I hope he gets life
    vis

Post by vis on Fri May 11 2012, 09:01

Lobs he ain't gonna life because by all accounts no other persons or vehicles were involved but I have to agree that drink-driving is a crime and all should be treated the same regardless . . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Fri May 11 2012, 09:44

hes right famous people get away with it
    even heard some footballs give an exucuss and get let off

drink driving is serious and if caught you should go jail
    why dont police sit outside pub car parks cos loads of guys take there cars there but none ever drink pepsi
    vis

Post by vis on Fri May 11 2012, 09:51

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr wrong Lought. I know a guy who if he takes his car to the pub dinks nothing but Pepsi (diet variety). Some do some don't . . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri May 11 2012, 10:13

okay not all lol
    but where i used 2 go in my local was full of guys drink driving
    vis

Post by vis on Sat May 12 2012, 06:40

Mine is too Lought but not all of 'em. I could tell you horror stories and stories of arrests. Bottom line is it ain't big & it ain't clever . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19 2017, 17:57