The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

pushing spurs forward

nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Re: pushing spurs forward

Post by nhg72 on Wed Aug 22 2012, 06:06

coys ade back at the lane let hope he can bang a few in sig look ok also will need a little time to settle .not so sure about julio cesar would like to keep brad between the sticks.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 22 2012, 06:15

hmm avb not keen on vdv hudd or dawson lol

shame about hudd though because he has talent.
    would be sad to see daws go but hes not a great defender.
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Wed Aug 22 2012, 07:22

like greavsie said its a funny ol game , yep you got that right jim .
    why on earth would you let dawson go .with the defenders we have we have excelent cover across the back 4 .with dawson going who do we have a mr relible at the heart of the defence and someone who plays with a bit of spirit .before he got injured he was playing well for club and country and also was our faithful skipper .lets keep him at the lane , i know some say he is not a gifted centre half but nuts to you doubters alway dependable .

Post by BazSpur on Wed Aug 22 2012, 07:32

AVB wants quick mobile defenders mate. Dawson wasn't the quickest. We have plenty of cover in Central defence Caulker, Vertonghen, Gallas, Kaboul. Obviously at some point Vertonghen and Kaboul will be first choice. Keep the faith.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 22 2012, 07:41

bang on baz. its a shame to let daws go because hes such a nice chap. but he is a bit of an old fashiond center back. 9mil bid accepted from qpr.

avb knows what he wants. looking forward to hes time in charge

Post by BazSpur on Wed Aug 22 2012, 07:44

AVB is on a mission Lought. He knows what he wants and he has the chairman's backing unlike when he was at Chavsky. He will see it through and it will be a rough ride for some. Out with the old and in with the new without question it seems.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by totalytot on Wed Aug 22 2012, 08:42

I think he has to be careful discarding established players before he has had a real chance to find out if they are needed.

If not it could be the Chelsea problem all over again.

Why would you prefer to keep Gallas and let Dawson go. Sure Gallas is playing quite well but he is what 35. This is his last season if he lasts it as he is a bit injury prone.

I can understand a manager wanting to stamp his mark and build his own team but there is so much more dead wood to get rid of like Bentley, Jenas and a few others.

I'm not a great admirer of Hudd I think he has more indiferent games than good ones but he is a good one to have in the squad. We know Dawson has the odd slip up but thy are rare and he has had some great games for us when he has been man of the match.

Mikey M

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 22 2012, 09:30

because we wont get no money for galas.
    jenas and bentley should go but im guessing we not had any decent offers recently.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 22 2012, 09:31

avb is building something here. he wants the sqaud to be able to do the job.
    unlike harry who has hes first 11 that played until they dropped then brings on a sub.

harry use to use players. it didnt matter if defo or pav scored because next game they would get dropped. wolves away was prove of that
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Thu Aug 23 2012, 08:27

i understand what you say about mobile and agile defenders but if you can read a game like dawson can you can get away with speed when the king and dawson were together at the back they were the envy of a lot of fans and teams . now the king has retired and dawson almost gone i hope that jv and caulker will play with the commited style that king and dawson played if they do the spurs fans will have one of the most respeted central defenders in the game . i know i sometimes get over excited and big certain players up but enjoy the games and most of all the mighty spurs .
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO on Thu Aug 23 2012, 09:52

It's about time we had a clear out , Im not shocked that Dawson is being sold, he is a good defender, had a terrible habit of going to ground , its the cardinal sin of defending , stand on your feet and make your self big, we cant stick with the same players for ever, its time for a change

nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Fri Aug 24 2012, 05:34

lobo do you think that avb will bring the style that the lane requires and the fans crave ? i hope that he makes the right decision by off loading the players mentioned .avb will need time to settle but if we dont progress up the table quickly by getting the much needed points from some of the lesser teams will he be in for an early exit like at chelski .i guess only time will tell .with only a few days remaining before the window shuts will we get the much needed striker that could partner ade or a attacking player who can play behind between the lone striker and midfeild .sandro has the time now to prove that he is a class act now parker is injured , and command and boss the centre of the park breaking down the attack like we all know he can . if we can keep the same back 4 of my choice caulker , jv , walker and benni we will be fine .neil
    thfc4us
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by thfc4us on Sat Aug 25 2012, 14:45

my 2 cents worth on this subject, HUGE mistake selling Dawson...IF they do !
    His come a long way, not the greatest yet BUT DEF improved ....and his young !!!! with Gallas.... on his last legs, cant last 90mins without holding his groin, so why in gods name do we then make HIM captain !!!! i cant help but wonder where AVB's head is ???
    UNLESS of course they have someone else lined up who's friggen world class.....ideas LOL

Post by seebee1944 on Sat Aug 25 2012, 21:11

Dare I suggest the only reason they are selling Dawson is because he's going to bring the most money. Spurs a selling club, surely not.
    vis

Post by vis on Sat Aug 25 2012, 23:53

Really don't see the sense in selling Daws. This is a strange one but we have to trust in AVB's reasoning on this. Maybe with the Kaboul injury it will alter his way of thinking on this move . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Wed Sep 05 2012, 07:33

love the press and former hasbeens , already certain people have avbs head on the block .3 games in and we have not got off to the flyer we needed .
    didi deschamps claiming hugo not going to be happy about playing second fiddle to brad .well if there wa any doubts about not geting a chance would hugo have come to the lane .i know that hugo will earn his spurs and cement his place in goal paitents is not a common thing on the board and his time will come before he knows it .
    with the signings we have made we should still be up there with the big guns and we will .dembele has a point to prove taking over from vdv , but what i have seen he is a bit more of a brawler than vdv and he will track back and link play with the mighty walker .spurs will become good and avb tactics will pay off and the critics will be eating there words or i will coys neil
    vis

Post by vis on Wed Sep 05 2012, 07:50

Good post NHG and you have a thread going here that has generated plenty of interest. Please accept a rep for that . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Wed Sep 05 2012, 08:12

many thanks just trying to make a few points on my beloved spurs .
    i like avb ideas and how he wants to push spurs forward , i guess my levy has faith and that is why money has been pumped into the team and why avb is at the lane .i find it frustrating that we have been linked many many class players over the last few months and ther mind blowing wage demands have all been a stumbling block , but if you are going to make claims about certain players coming in at least have the money to entice them or some concrete proof for the fans before makig bold claims .
    many fans from around the globe get peeded about spurs being a feeder club for the big guns but the time will come when spurs will have the big money like chelski , man u and man city . the clubs metioned have all but got the title by having multi billionare owners pumping obscene amounts of money into the team so in theory there should be no doubts about either of them winning major silver ware .

Post by BazSpur on Wed Sep 05 2012, 08:13

Rep from me Neil. Some very good points there.

vis

Post by vis on Wed Sep 05 2012, 08:19

Neil you say about claims being made about players coming in but these claims have probably been made by the players agents then circulated by a rabid meeja looking to sell stories with-in the remains of what once was a forest? I still think we will get Mouthino in January and maybe, just maybe, an interesting loan signing as we can take, so far as I'm aware, loanees at any time . . . .

nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Wed Sep 05 2012, 08:33

jv , sig , sandro , lloyris , walker ,dembele , dempsey and even ade will be the vital factors to our success .if you can keep them fit and hungry and keep there heads up where they are needed we will get our just desserts and be fighting for the 4th spot .
    get the points over the next few games and we will be ok and the fans and critics alike will have total admiration for spurs and more important for avb . keep the faith keep loyal and come on you spurs .neil
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Thu Sep 06 2012, 05:53

yet again didi deschamps has claimed that hugo is not happy about being on the bench and having to be patient and be behind brad . lets be honest brad at 41 and having one of the best runs of consecutive games in the history of the prem speaks for itself .
    avb and all managers past and present who have managed brad have always played him because he is a goal keeper who is always consistent and plays with like his life depended on it .he could teach a few of the new breed of keepers a thing or two about how to command the defenders and most of all respect . i like brad but hugo will need to be cool about his chance and it will come .brad will not last forever and when hugos time comes to shine for the mighty spurs he will be a legend at the lane . so in short didi shut up you are not picking the team keep your opinions to yourself .

Post by BazSpur on Thu Sep 06 2012, 05:56

Spot on, Neil. Typical ex Cheatski player.

nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Thu Sep 06 2012, 06:45

ta baz once in a while would be nice for someone to say something positive about spurs and avb . im certain that when the team settles in the avb way we will be class the style he plays will unsettle other teams .avb will need time and the players will flourish . with the new signings we have a multitude of versatile players with speed strenght and good readers of the game .if ade fires on all cylinders and dempsey plays how we know he can with defoe also we should bang a few in .sig has showed a few flashes of his skill and jv at the back can command the back 4 with the fighting spirit like king the centre half legend .we do have quality and now modric has gone lets not dwell on spilt milk and worry about the next game in hand .we may miss modric for a few games but then he will soon be forgotten (who was i talking about ) lol! the time cometh for spurs and avb long live the lane
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Sep 06 2012, 08:32

The Water Carrier DesCHUMPS? Nice of him to advise players after their moves! If he believes this about Lloris shouldn't he have said something sooner? Some people just have to produce a "soundbite". Deschamps the Gallic Redknapp? Friedel will have to be replaced, probably sooner rather then later. Bringing Lloris through slowly, getting him used to his team mates, the tempo of the English game, the grounds, the crowds etc strikes me as good man management . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23 2017, 11:52