The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

pushing spurs forward

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Re: pushing spurs forward

Post by Boltjean on Wed May 30 2012, 05:57

I read an article from a Gooner fan saying he was not sure if he would want Vertonghen if we did not get him because he has stated his desire to play for Spurs and could give half hearted performances when playing for them.
    vis

Post by vis on Wed May 30 2012, 07:05

Len my friend if that is true then let him sign for them and watch the goals leak in .

I want this one done as I fear another bergkamp. An Ajax lad who loves Spurs (it's a Feyernoord thing) who signs for the oppo's. Just need to get the strikers sorted and even Redknapp should be able to acheive something special next season . . . . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 on Wed May 30 2012, 10:48

just home from work and great to hear fron you guys the vertonghen deals sorted will sleeep well tonite
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Thu May 31 2012, 07:03

just got in from work and read peaders reply have we realy got this deal done ?
    vis

Post by vis on Thu May 31 2012, 08:24

This is all I can find NHG. Not a totally "done deal" just yet . . . . . . . .

25 May 2012
    Last updated at
    16:07
    Dutch champions Ajax hope to reach a swift agreement with Tottenham over the sale of captain Jan Vertonghen.

Spurs have seen two bids rejected as Ajax seek 15m
    euros (£12m) for the 25-year-old Belgium centre-back, who has a year
    left on his contract.

"We hope to make a deal quite soon," an Ajax spokesman
    told BBC Sport. "Jan deserves a move to a big league and wants to join
    Spurs.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Thu May 31 2012, 08:37

thanks vis just hope we get some news that will please the spurs fans
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Thu May 31 2012, 08:50

i do hope that the a*se dont pip us to jv .we always seem to be so close on good signings but still so far away .
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Thu May 31 2012, 09:25

I am very dubious that AFC are in the market in spite of Vetohogen agent's efforts

With Vermaelen Kosc Metesacker as first choices for three centr e back jobs

Djourou and Song as back ups - and Miquel making decent progress

Where exactly is he planning to fit in ?

It's bollox chaps - tell him to sign for you or P*ss off

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Thu May 31 2012, 18:59

anicoll5 wrote:I am very dubious that AFC are in the market in spite of Vetohogen agent's efforts

Mertesacker back to Germany leaves a space Nic, lets face it, the big German has the turning circle of an articulated lorry.

Will Rodgers come in with a big offer for Caulker now his going to be manager of Pool?

peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 on Thu May 31 2012, 22:14

djfitzo wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:I am very dubious that AFC are in the market in spite of Vetohogen agent's efforts

Mertesacker back to Germany leaves a space Nic, lets face it, the big German has the turning circle of an articulated lorry.

Will Rodgers come in with a big offer for Caulker now his going to be manager of Pool? Hope not dj i think he is a future big player for us even if we get verlonghen with kaboul daws gallas and leds for emergencies our back line will look solid

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Jun 01 2012, 00:09

Well something must be going on as nothing been reported since last week, surely the deal must be done, ideal that he is over for the national squad, quick medical and then the picture with the famous lillywhite shirt on the official website.

nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:24

just turned on sky sports and watched belgians training . lets hope that we see jv in a spurs shirt very soon .if this realy happens at least with have the back shored up .with some luck vdv will stay and ade deal can happen to .come on you spurs .
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:34

now the euros are coming up fast my levy should being watching and take note of some of europes rising stars .i have watched milos krasic a few times on line and he looks sharp and he can hold the ball up to .he seems to play with a smile and a certain grace .like the man said he regrets not signing in january for the spurs .ben foster maybe coming on board to .not a bad keeper and we could get him for almost nothing now . he can pull off some near impossible saves and he gets off the line lively .
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Sat Jun 02 2012, 06:04

nhg72 wrote:now the euros are coming up fast my levy should being watching and take note of some of europes rising stars .i have watched milos krasic a few times on line and he looks sharp and he can hold the ball up to .he seems to play with a smile and a certain grace .like the man said he regrets not signing in january for the spurs .ben foster maybe coming on board to .not a bad keeper and we could get him for almost nothing now . he can pull off some near impossible saves and he gets off the line lively .

I've not seen enough of Krasic to say but I have read, he insists on being in the first team and throws a wobberler if benched.
    I like the idea of Ben Foster and as you say , a bargain.
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

pushing spurs forward

Post by nhg72 on Sat Jun 02 2012, 06:10

i know sometimes he might get the a*se but maybe thats what we need someone with a bit of spirit someone with a bit of attitude .he seems to have a bit of fire in his belly .vidic rates him as a player so maybe he might just cut it in the prem league .
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Sat Jun 02 2012, 06:15

do you beleive that some players mature at age i think that foster might be what we need between the sticks . he has always been in the shadows of others so maybe he will shine .if we get him cheep he will be a agodd adition to the sqaud and the best thing he is still only 28 .
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Sat Jun 02 2012, 06:42

now the back is taken care of lets get a potent strike force our midfeild is rather good .nice to see sandro has extended his contract maybe we will see loyalty at the lane .if players like sandro have extended there contract why cant others follow .
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Sat Jun 02 2012, 06:48

demba ba for approx 7 mil not to bad he causes a few problems with his size and strenght .but i would like to see a 15 to 20 a year brawler who can hold the ball up well and link play with the attacking midfeild .

Post by BazSpur on Sat Jun 02 2012, 06:55

Demba Ba seems to get a lot of injuries. We don't really need another player perpetually in the treatment room.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Sat Jun 16 2012, 05:19

well the question still stands how do we push spurs forward now ? now arry has gone do we listen to the spurs faithful all the media that our bale , modders and vdv are going to up sticks and go .to me this all seems to be a little pre meditated arry going now 3 of our fine player talking about going .i hear that the deal for jv and olsson is a done deal but how do we plug the gaps if the above mentioned do go .we need to sort this quick before the season starts .we have done well over the last few years but at this rate if we dont get a new manager soon it wont be long before we are a mid table team again .i love my club i realy do but what a time for this to happen .i hope we get our man whoever it may be and the glory days are shining again at the lane . lets keep our players and give them something worth staying for .if we have to break the wage cap to keep our players and give the supporters some hope in the club then so be it . come on mr levy sort this soon (neil)

Post by BazSpur on Sat Jun 16 2012, 06:35

Yep, looks like Vert is a done deal as you say. Guess we'll have to wait and see if Modric, Bale, VDV go. If they do then so be it. Not convinced Bale and VDV will go though

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:04

wheres the vertonghen news ? i cant find it

Post by BazSpur on Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:56

ITKs on Spurs community are saying it's a done deal Shear. Shouldn't take much notice I know but one of them was spot on about Arry.

shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Sat Jun 16 2012, 10:02

hope its right baz, we need some positive news.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16 2012, 11:13

demba ba didnt score many since he returnd form the africa cup nattions

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 18:09