The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

pushing spurs forward

Re: pushing spurs forward

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16 2012, 11:16

anyway im looking forward to next season
    clean slate for some players
    gio piinar gomez bassong caulker hudd jenas. ok forget the last one lol

i wouldnt lose sleep if we sold vdv because he cant last 90mins and because of him we play a certan way.
    hes good in away games but at home 2 up front is better
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Mon Jun 18 2012, 07:10

all sorts of rumours avb , moyes , martinez , and also rangnick .this time we need to get a long term manager to carry out the task of building a great team and who area willing to take risks . there is no point in getting someone in who in a few months will get the heave ho . we realy need to get someone who can handle the big name players and someone who can nurture the youngsters . the next few months will be exciting and then also frustrating in the same context . if vdv , bale and modders want to go let them im tired of players who think they are bigger than a club and who want to seek the higher wages that are on offer .once in a while it would be nice to see some loyalty in a player so when you see them kiss the badge it has meaning and conviction
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Mon Jun 18 2012, 07:43

i hear what you say nhg, but i hope we keep bale and vdv (see his goal tonight ). its ok saying let them go but where will you find as good for the money we spend ?.let modders go for the right price and get quality in with the money.vertonghens still on for a move to us so im praying levy dont blow it haggling on this one, he actually wants to play for us , how refreshing is that to hear?. hes a hero before hes signed imo

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 18 2012, 08:27

great goal from vdv but what else did he do apart from run around like a headless chicken for 94mins

i cant see big teams in for bale as he not done much in the second half of the season
    but i can see man u going after modric
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Mon Jun 18 2012, 08:37

doesnt matter what else he did lought he got a goal and hes not their striker,did anyone else, why slate him, there where more out there did a lot less contribution than him. i dont understand your negativaty towards him because he plays for us, you want to drive a quality player from our club because exactly ????????????you want him out you want bale out you want defoe out, all the players you think will replace them are in your sun dreamteam.give vdv some credit where its due mate please.

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 18 2012, 08:48

but what did he do apart from score. take him and robbin out the holland team and you have a good team.

if hes so good why did jose get rid then they win the league.

why is it we not got champions league football since hes been here
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Mon Jun 18 2012, 09:01

because chelsea done the unthinkable this year ? no sorry its all vdvs fault for joining spurs if he hadnt we would prob of won the league. how simple the solution is, get rid of him and weve done it.
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Mon Jun 18 2012, 09:14

goodnight u miserable b*stard, lol im off to bed

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 18 2012, 09:55

we got 4th with a proper team. they all played as a team.
    kranker bentley ect all came and and got us over the line
    then since then we been averge.
    now we have so called superstars in bale ade vdv yet not done any better then 2 season ago

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Jun 18 2012, 19:06

Loughtonlegend wrote:we got 4th with a proper team. they all played as a team.
    now we have so called superstars in bale ade vdv yet not done any better then 2 season ago

Average?

we finished 4th and Cheatski won the Champs League and finished 6th, what does that make them?

Post by BazSpur on Mon Jun 18 2012, 19:37

VDV is Loughts new whipping boy lol. Reminds me of when Billy Nic said of Greaves. "He did nothing all match except score those 4 goals" PMSL hard task master was Billy Nic.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 on Tue Jun 19 2012, 00:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:we got 4th with a proper team. they all played as a team.

Higher points earned, more goals scored, better quality Football, as remarked upon by many respected personages in the Prem.

VDV wasn't injured when we were getting all the plaudits, he was instrumental.

Your problem, Lought, is that you made a statement the previous season, got proven wrong and just refuse to accept it, the true mark of a bigot.
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Jun 19 2012, 02:06

I notice Lought has been a little quiet about Pavlyuchnko's abject disappearance against the Greeks and his feeble effort when brought on against the Poles that resulted in Russia's elimination from the Euros

Thank Gawd you got shot of him just in time - you would not even have Europa football

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 19 2012, 03:43

i think you wil find starting that guy above pav is what cost russia. the guy had the most shots and none on target yet the manager had no bottle to drop him.

pav played 20 mins in first game 1 assit 1 goal a bit longer in the 2nd and 45 mins in the 3rd

russia problem was there captian arshavin went missing when they really needed him.

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 19 2012, 03:45

i think you find we played more attacking football in the season we got champions league then the last 2 seasons

the season after we got 4th all we did was vdv lump it up to crouch.
    we played better last season thanks to ade but vdv cant play in the middle unless he stays up front.
    as proved again by holland last night
    vdv was a passenger
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Jun 19 2012, 03:54

45 minutes against a shocking Greek side and Pav barely touched the ball - his country was relying on him too

Tut tut tut

As you say he is great to bring on when the game has been won by others already - top quality then

Can't see him having any future in the national side

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 19 2012, 04:13

yep because the midfeild kept having long range shots
    says a lot about there captian. he should never play again if your going on that one game.

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Jun 19 2012, 04:33

I doubt Arshavin will be chosen again - another huge let down for Russia
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Mon Jul 09 2012, 05:28

nice to see we have bale on a 4 year deal and also sig , jv is now a cert maybe things will change at the lane . i hope that the powers that be give avb a chance and if the rumours are true the new ground will get the nod in a couple of months .with 100mil to spend on players like i said a month ago things area going to be interesting we should have the great times rolling at the lane
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Mon Jul 09 2012, 05:37

anyone have any news on a new keeper have been out of touch for a few weeks due to many hours at work .
    the last thing i read was that arsenal are after hugo but not seen anything else about it .

Post by BazSpur on Mon Jul 09 2012, 05:44

Nothing on a keeper but JV has now signed.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 09 2012, 07:02

we are meant to be after the keeper the goons want lories i think hes name is.
    them lot down the road are skint and wont pay big money for a keeper
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Mon Jul 09 2012, 08:01

hugo lloris, watched him for france seems to have a presence about him and for a keeper seems to have his back 4 on there toes with his vocal commands .could be a good signing for us kaboul and jv centre halfs belgian and french, french keeper walker b.a.e with that back 4 and a classy keeper we should have one of the best defences in the prem . we still have dawson also to come back so the defenders we have on feild and the bench are goind to be good .
    hope to get ade on board to i truly beleive we will suprise a few teams this coming season .hope mr levy will give avb a good chance i thing what happens to him at chelski will maybe give him the hunger to be a success "COME ON YOU SPURS "
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Mon Jul 09 2012, 08:16

does the spurs faihful think avb will be the man to change things at the lane .?
    i think his time has come to prove that he will be good for the lane .with the money to get a few players in plus money for any sales i fancy our chances for mixing it with the big boys and there obscene amounts of money . i have been taking note on a radio station and a few other sites that mr levy having this money to spend is there going to be a take over at the lane ?
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 on Mon Jul 09 2012, 08:29

sorry for the poor grammer clown

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19 2017, 21:27