The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

VDV To Schalke?

VDV To Schalke?

Post by BazSpur on Wed May 30 2012, 20:56

Wednesday 30 May 2012

[color:f564=blue !important][color:f564=blue ! important]Tottenham Hotspur could face the prospect of losing Rafael van der Vaart to German side Schalke 04 in a £10m transfer, the Daily Mail has reported.

The newspaper adds that the move appeals to the Netherlands international for familial as well as [color:f564=blue !important][color:f564=blue !important]football reasons. Van der Vaart’s wife, Sylvie, spends much of her time away from [color:f564=blue !important][color:f564=blue !important]London in Germany, working for German television, based barely 100km from the Schalke training ground.

Van der Vaart is also said to be interested in the move to Germany
    because of a guarantee given to him by the club that he would be central
    to their play, rather than the more peripheral figure he at times is at
    White Hart Lane. Van der Vaart has to compete with Luka Modric to be
    Tottenham’s main [color:f564=blue !important][color:f564=blue !important]playmaker, and is often withdrawn from action early.

The 28-year-old refused to be drawn on his future when asked recently,
    insisting he was only thinking about competing for his country at Euro
    2012. The Mail however insists Schalke would have little problem
    meeting van der Vaart’s wage demands, as well as handing over £10m to
    Tottenham for the former Real Madrid player.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Re: VDV To Schalke?

Post by peader50 on Wed May 30 2012, 21:19

do you know something i would take a swap for huntelaar much as i love v d vaart i would take a young prolific striker like him
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus on Thu May 31 2012, 06:45

VDV would be no great loss,

Last edited by minimus on Thu May 31 2012, 16:57; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Thu May 31 2012, 12:36

sell sell sell
    no wonder the specal one never played him

the guy unblances our team. when we play a big team away from home we drop lennon and keep vdv in the team

yet never win.

Post by totalytot on Thu May 31 2012, 19:07

I think a lot of you are forgetting the great goals he scored for us last season. We are not talking about tap ins as most of Ade's was. The man has great vision and I would not want to lose him.

As for Huntelar he has been at a lot of clubs in the last few seasons and is moved on by most clubs after a short time which makes me think he is not a consistent player. There are a lot better around.

I want to keep all our top players and add to them not lose them. If VDV goes then Modric..... as Ferguson is now showing interest... then we are f*cked.

Mikey M
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 on Thu May 31 2012, 22:10

totalytot wrote:
    I think a lot of you are forgetting the great goals he scored for us last season. We are not talking about tap ins as most of Ade's was. The man has great vision and I would not want to lose him.

As for Huntelar he has been at a lot of clubs in the last few seasons and is moved on by most clubs after a short time which makes me think he is not a consistent player. There are a lot better around.

I want to keep all our top players and add to them not lose them. If VDV goes then Modric..... as Ferguson is now showing interest... then we are f*cked.

Mikey M
    shalke 04 certaintly have'nt moved him on after 53 goals all season in all comps last year it was 37previous bad season before that 17 but previous seasons 42. 42.47.43.38 think thats slightly impressive no matter what league

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Jun 01 2012, 00:10

sell sell sell

aint that what has got us in trouble in the past, forever gelling new players and new managers, stability is what we need.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 01 2012, 02:25

hes great in away games when he can tuck in to the midfeild but home games i perfer a striker up top to help ade out

Post by totalytot on Fri Jun 01 2012, 21:17

peader50 wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M
    shalke 04 certaintly have'nt moved him on after 53 goals all season in all comps last year it was 37previous bad season before that 17 but previous seasons 42. 42.47.43.38 think thats slightly impressive no matter what league

But then why is he either sent out on loan or sold by all the clubs he joins, if he's that great they would want to keep him.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content