The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Modric away? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Modric away? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Modric away? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Modric away? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Modric away? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Modric away? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Modric away? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Modric away? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Modric away? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Modric away? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Modric away?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Modric away? Empty Modric away?

Post by totalytot Sat Jun 09 2012, 06:07

A couple of the papers today and on BBC say that the Modric to Utd is a done deal and was signed out in Croatia.

IF it is true then I will be very annoyed on two fronts.

One Levy would have sold another top player of ours to Utd and two if the fee is right it's only £25 mil.

Now I think we all expect him to leave before the season starts but just £25 when Chelsea offered 40 last year.

I hope it's not true but to many sources are saying the same thing.

We still have'nt signed Vertognen yet.

Mikey M
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Modric away? Empty Re: Modric away?

Post by Maximus Wed Jun 27 2012, 18:54

LUKA Modric has given a clear signal to Tottenham that he wants to leave the club today after he admitted his desire to play in the Champions League.
    The comments will leave the door wide open to Real Madrid who are targeting the striker in a 25million euro deal.

Modric said: "I’m going to play in the Champions League, I want to win that competition. I’m not going to be able to achieve my dream here."

But Spurs are not letting the Croatian international go easy as they have said they want two of Real Madrid's key players in the deal.

Daniel Levy has shown interest in both Sahin and Ricardo Calvalho.

PSG and Manchester United have also shown interest in Modric but it is Real Madrid that Modric has his heart set on.

express.co.uk
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jun 27 2012, 19:05

totalytot wrote:
    A couple of the papers today and on BBC say that the Modric to Utd is a done deal and was signed out in Croatia.

IF it is true then I will be very annoyed on two fronts.

One Levy would have sold another top player of ours to Utd and two if the fee is right it's only £25 mil.

Now I think we all expect him to leave before the season starts but just £25 when Chelsea offered 40 last year.

I hope it's not true but to many sources are saying the same thing.

We still have'nt signed Vertognen yet.

Mikey M

Mikey, the papers have nothing to write about at the mom and they will circulated the same old stories.

Can you honestly believe that Levy will let Modric go for 25 mil when he knows that he can hold out for more.

One interesting thing, Sigurdsson got 9 goals in the prem last year, how many did Modric get?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jun 29 2012, 09:00

No your'e right Dave and since I put that post up about 3 weeks ago a lot has changed and Real are now on the scene and looking at cash plus player or players. However we know that Fergie wants him and although I have resigned myself to him gone, please not to Utd.

Yes Sigurdson would be a great signing I thought he played well last season and scored some cracking goals but he's not a play maker in the Modric mould and we need to replace him with like for like in my opinion.

And before you ask where from ? I don't know.

Mikey M
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Fri Jun 29 2012, 19:59

According to former Real star Guti, Modric is not good enough for the Bernabeu.

"He hasn't even been the key man for Tottenham," Guti said. "I don't think he's done enough to play for Madrid."
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 29 2012, 20:34

minimus wrote:According to former Real star Guti, Modric is not good enough for the Bernabeu.

"He hasn't even been the key man for Tottenham," Guti said. "I don't think he's done enough to play for Madrid."

Sour grapes from the midfielder that could barely make the bench at Madrid, so he was shipped out to Basiktas!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 04:08