The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

The Vis Is Over The Moon

vis

The Vis Is Over The Moon

Post by vis on Thu Jun 14 2012, 08:11

Thought I would share this with you guys. A dream of mine has come true. Last Saturday a track of mine was played on a radio show. I'm 49 in August and ever since being a scroat of a teenager playing bass in a punk band I have always wanted to hear a track of mine played on a radio show, and now it's happened. I'm well made up me. Now all I have to do is sort the 3sum out with Julia Etchingham & Angelina Jolie ands that another dream I can tick off. Oh yeah. . . . .
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Re: The Vis Is Over The Moon

Post by Maximus on Thu Jun 14 2012, 08:18

WELL DONE, Chuffed for you Viz !!! crazy bob

Post by BazSpur on Thu Jun 14 2012, 09:03

Any chance of hearing it mate?

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Jun 15 2012, 06:37

For anyone who fancies a listen it's here . . . . . . . .

http://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/116046

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by DJSR on Fri Jun 15 2012, 06:40

Congratz Vis, happy for you mate!! cheers 2

Just had a listen, That is a very cool track indeed mate, reminds me of my raving days from the early 90's, prodigy style sounds and vocals. Keep up the good work mate!

Last edited by DJSR on Fri Jun 15 2012, 06:46; edited 1 time in total

Post by vis on Fri Jun 15 2012, 06:44

Thanx guys. I appreciate your support . . . . ..

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 17 2012, 01:01

Hi Vis, really please for you, havent been able to undo the link you provided, any chance of sending it over via multi media.
    Over the moon for you ! Very Happy

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 17 2012, 07:23

Hi vis, managed to have a listen and think its really good, my other half likes your type of stuff.
    Guess it makes my folk / rock creations appear pretty tame.

Forgot my looperman password and had to get it redone, all ok now.
    Well done vis.
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:07

Cheers Lew. Whats your screenie on the Loop? Thank your good Lady for the listen as well . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 17 2012, 15:35

vis wrote:Cheers Lew. Whats your screenie on the Loop? Thank your good Lady for the listen as well . . . . . .

Hi vis, mine is thegift, but i havent put anything on there yet, but will do so soon, i have quite a few tracks in windows media, so i guess i will have to get round to getting them on there.
    Yes sharon is a lover of trance, would you say she is right in saying its under that label, i thought maybe a little later than that, but she said its her type of music and liked it a lot.
    My looperman name i might change as it sounds like i am giving myself airs, lol, its actually the name of a song i made, and at the time (last may) couldnt think of a name for myself, maybe i should just have used lew ?
    Baz has heard one of mine, but my recording technique has improved since then.
    Mine are mainly guitar and voice, picked a 12 string on what i think is one of my best, and managed to do a 60s style psychedelic track , well the middle eight is very psychedelic, the rest pretty much guitar, and i managed to get a 12 string to sound a bit like a lead guitar from that era.
    I will try and get it sorted so you can take a listen.
    cheers vis, and your track is really nice to listen to.
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Jun 18 2012, 08:39

Hello Lew, look forward to hearing some of your stuff on the Loop. It's a really good site for artists of any level, them who take it serious and are looking to make a name or those, like us, who do it for the pleasure. Post a thread up when you stick one on the Loop.
    The track is more house then trance. Basic 4 to the floor stuff. The majority of people who have listened to it have said it has an "ole skool" vibe about it. LOL basically means it's a good 20 years out of date ! ! ! Tell Sharon to have a nose around the Loop. There are some blinding trance tracks posted on there . . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 18 2012, 16:40

Hi Vis,
    thanks for reply.
    Been on looperman and it isnt accepting the upload of my tracks i have stored in windows media.
    It only accepts uploads from mp3 type files ?
    Not sure what my next step is ?
    Any help would be welcome.
    vis

Post by vis on Wed Jun 20 2012, 05:02

Hiya Lew mega busy at the mo, will get back to you in detail on this one very soon. It's a simple process to upload tracks but you have to download some free software to convert tracks. Could you give me some more details as to what format & stuff your tracks are in at present ? Thanx . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21 2012, 04:54

Hi Vis,
    all the tracks i record are on cd, i then transfer to windows media via my pc, i can send them via email attachements to mates ok.
    But it didnt transfer while attempting to upload on looperman ?
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Jun 21 2012, 06:38

You have to convert them to MP3 format Lew to upload onto the Loop. I use DVDVideoSoft Free Studio. It's a freeware bit of kit and very easy to use. I would imagine your original tracks are converting from the CD into WMA? Load the WMA into Free Studio and convert to MP3. Then go to your Looper profile, upload tracks section and follow the instructions. Easy to do mate. Anymore help just give us a shout . . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21 2012, 14:27

Thanks vis i will give that a go over the weekend.
    Recording a song today and a mate is joining me with his fretless bass, we tend to make a day of it as i dont see much of him, pub meal and a few drinks afterwards.
    Thanks for all your help and i am sure you will get to hear it soon....thats if you want to...lol
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Jun 22 2012, 16:37

Hope your session went well yesterday Lew . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 22 2012, 17:21

Hi Vis, it went really well, although it didnt turn out as i thought, it was even better.
    I recorded a song called time, and i always thought it would lend itself to a kraftwerk style format, so as i soon as i mentioned kraftwerk to one of my mates his eyes lit up, and so the song i originally made picking guitar now has all sorts of sounds on it, lol, although you can hear my guitar picking now and again coming through.
    My other mate who plays bass, then used the keyboards to do electronic bass, and it really works.
    Really pleased.
    Guess i could send it via email to you, but i dont think the private message on the forum does attachements.

Some of the lyrics have been inspired from being a bta contact and talking to people with intrusive tinnitus, usually via exchanging emails with them, so i have to thank those people for the making of the track.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16 2018, 20:25