The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
MarkA249
shearspur
totalytot
Boltjean
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
LOBO
anicoll5
12 posters

What most of you blokes wanted !

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 Empty Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 04:57

BazSpur wrote:Yes mate time will tell so let's give him some.

Its not about us baz, its about levy, he made himself look a mug with ramos, and he doesnt learn.

Poor avb doesnt know what he has let himself in for ?

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 5 Empty Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 05:03

anicoll5 wrote:of the 194 responses I thought it was about 2-1 in favour of giving Levy the benefit of the doubt (so far)Baz;

I liked this one though from "Jim"

"Meh. Despite your sarcasm, you seem to condone Levy not signing a Modric replacement because he "tried." If managers were judged on "trying", none would ever be sacked. The fact remains he did not replace Modric and we are left with a weaker side. Whether he "tried" or not is irrelevant. We set a goal of reaching fourth for eons and now that we have obtained, there seems to be no plan how to solidify that position or god forbid, kick on. Unfortunately, the scapegoat for that is going to be AVB and not Levy. But don't P*ss on my head and tell me its raining."

Dont P*ss on my head and tell me its raining lol!

Yeah like it nic.
    Levy always goes for the big name, but its always too late or ! the transfer window has closed shut for further negotiations to happen, funny but this is a familiar pattern at spurs for a while now ! lol!

Ever heard that song " you better see right through that mothers eyes" ?
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Sep 04 2012, 05:58

God, I can not believe what is going on here, I feel so sorry for AVB. I believe that this witch hunt has started for two reasons, and I do not think it is anything to do with our poor start, how many Spurs managers in the history of this club had a bad start to the season?, and when they did we did not boo them or get on there back, we got behind him and the players. My first reason I believe this witch hunt has started is because Harry has so many friends in the media who are not happy that he failed to get the England job followed up by his sacking from Spurs. Today we have Shearer adding fuel to the fire. My second reason is because of what happend at Chelsea. Had AVB come to us via Porto I do not believe the supporters would be getting on his back after three games. I have not seen much in the papers about how Rodgers was a bad appointment by Liverpool, all the media attention is aimed at Spurs, AVB,Levy and Harry, only one reson for this in my oppinion, disrupt our season, just like they did when they put Harry in the front of the queue for the England job, it worked then, dropped 13 points, and it will work again if we do not pull together and get behind AVB. And Lew, if I remember right you was one of those that took the micky out of me when I stuck up for Jol after he got the sack, not nice mate is it. I think you also said that Jol has gone Len and that I should get over it, now you know how I felt, and he was replaced by Ramos, now that was a disaster, but I did get over it, you must do the same with Harry.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:00

but it was down to harry that we dropped a 13point lead
    he picked parker when he was injurid. same with king. he didnt have the balls to use hes sqaud.

we could all see king was finnised.
    it was only the last few games when harry eventually gave parker a rest and brought in sandro that we started picking up points again.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:03

plus bobby roboson and the specal one both said avb is a good manager.

he won the treble at porto. crap managers dont win trebles

they might get lucky and win 1 fa cup in 50 years by having to play cardiff in an fa cup final
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:06

And there you have it. Len, as always fella the voice of reason and I agree with everything you say. And at the risk of being arrested by the Rep point Police I will award you a REP point.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:10

crap managers dont win trebles

they might get lucky and win 1 fa cup in 50 years by having to play cardiff in an fa cup final

LOOOOL Touche Lought.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:38

Boltjean wrote:God, I can not believe what is going on here, I feel so sorry for AVB. I believe that this witch hunt has started for two reasons, and I do not think it is anything to do with our poor start, how many Spurs managers in the history of this club had a bad start to the season?, and when they did we did not boo them or get on there back, we got behind him and the players. My first reason I believe this witch hunt has started is because Harry has so many friends in the media who are not happy that he failed to get the England job followed up by his sacking from Spurs. Today we have Shearer adding fuel to the fire. My second reason is because of what happend at Chelsea. Had AVB come to us via Porto I do not believe the supporters would be getting on his back after three games. I have not seen much in the papers about how Rodgers was a bad appointment by Liverpool, all the media attention is aimed at Spurs, AVB,Levy and Harry, only one reson for this in my oppinion, disrupt our season, just like they did when they put Harry in the front of the queue for the England job, it worked then, dropped 13 points, and it will work again if we do not pull together and get behind AVB. And Lew, if I remember right you was one of those that took the micky out of me when I stuck up for Jol after he got the sack, not nice mate is it. I think you also said that Jol has gone Len and that I should get over it, now you know how I felt, and he was replaced by Ramos, now that was a disaster, but I did get over it, you must do the same with Harry.

Len, as far as i am concerned there is no witch hunt going on for avb, not from my angle anyway, i feel sorry for the bloke, he is levys latest lamb brained lamb to the slaughter.
    Talking about witch humts, you of all people must see where this lot on here are coming from, they lambast harry, who you must admit did a really good job, to justify his sacking, its a joke len ! big time, they just go with the levy flow of thinking.
    Ask yourself len why this thread has so many views ?

Because this hasnt been dealt with despite the arguments to the contrary, too many on here are not giving there true views of the situation and are just praying, and hoping avb does it, to justify their venomous rants on harry.
    It wasnt broken len, but levy has put us all back to square one, give it all time......again and again and again.
    lol!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:plus bobby roboson and the specal one both said avb is a good manager.

he won the treble at porto. crap managers dont win trebles

Crap managers also come to spurs on a regular basis, but when we find one that is actually doing something positive, he gets the sack.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:45

Because this hasnt been dealt with despite the arguments to the
    contrary, too many on here are not giving there true views of the
    situation and are just praying, and hoping avb does it, to justify
    their venomous rants on harry.
    It wasnt broken len, but levy has put us all back to square one, give it all time......again and again and again.

PMSL. What rubbish Lew. Yes mate ditto. At the end of the day I have given my reasons. We could go on forever, so, you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:57

BazSpur wrote:Because this hasnt been dealt with despite the arguments to the
    contrary, too many on here are not giving there true views of the
    situation and are just praying, and hoping avb does it, to justify
    their venomous rants on harry.

PMSL. What rubbish Lew. Yes mate ditto. At the end of the day I have given my reasons. We could go on forever, so, you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.
    Ditto baz, your venomous rants on harry are rubbish based on the media influx you hate so much, but the sad thing is that you actually believe it baz !

Memories are so short baz, especially with a person who calls his site the bill nic forum.
    I just wonder if bill nic would have been happy of the progress harry made with spurs after all the barren and negative years.
    I will leave you with that thought, and with the worries of the months ahead.
    Lew.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:00

would sir bill consider the england job bigger then spurs

back then managing your country was a big thing but these days to manage a top 4 team is bigger then the england job.

at the end of the day harry wanted to manage england not spurs
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:01

Yes Lew and do you think Bill would have agreed with the Venom now being poured on AVB after just 3 games? I think not.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:would sir bill consider the england job bigger then spurs

back then managing your country was a big thing but these days to manage a top 4 team is bigger then the england job.

at the end of the day harry wanted to manage england not spurs

See what your ambitions are when you reach harrys age lought?
    As you yourself say, to manage england was bigger in those days, you cant blame a man for his dreams lought.
    Whatever you say on here, or anyone else, harry gave us some fcking great moments and made us more than sarcasm like 3 point lane, he actually got us somewhere and feared to play against.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:11

Any English footballer manager in the 60s or the 70s and into the 80s would have crawled over broken glass for the CHANCE to manage their country.

Ridiculous comment about Nicholson

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:17

yes nic but not now. the england job is not as big as it was back then.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:22

Latest Football headlines :

Cristiano Ronaldo not happy at Real Madrid.

Liverpool manager Brenden Rodgers may look to Michael Owen to solve the forward problem.

And the biggest story of them all
    HARRY REDKNAPP IS NO LONGER MANAGER AT SPURS!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:30

I am actually toying with the idea of moving this to other football news forum as it seems to be mostly about Redknapp Arnie. Quite right Arnie He is not our manager now.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:31

ArnieArdiles wrote:Latest Football headlines :

Liverpool manager Brenden Rodgers may look to Michael Owen to solve the forward problem.

Mores the pity arnie, and lets hope you wont regret that little bit of jovality ?

The other news not spurs though, perhaps it should be moved ?
    Forum house rules and all that..lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:33

Mr Plums. wrote:

Mores the pity arnie, and lets hope you wont regret that little bit of jovality ?

You mean move the whole thread to the other football section ? Okies do it Baz lol Smile
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:34

shearspur wrote: Vis,why did he mug the club off, he was honest from the start about his ambitions for the England job. And why wouldn't he want it.he and the players took us 13 points clear so to lose that was also the players fault jointly with him, he took us to a position we were proud of, its the old cut your nose off to spite your face now. Hope Avb can do it but we didn't need to be in this position IMO

Shear me ole flower, Redknapp never came right out and said he wanted the Ing-Ger-Land job. He dillyed, he dallyed. I always said if he was up front about wanting it then I would applaud that. But no. He thought he was in the frame and refused a new, improved contract then when he wasn't in the frame he demanded the new contract. I call that mugging off our club. As for the players it was Redknapps job to prepare them, pick the team and sort the game plan. Redknapps responsibility & he wasn't anywhere to be seen. Yes he done well but he could so easily have done better but for the fact his head & heart where elsewhere . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:yes nic but not now. the england job is not as big as it was back then.

Yeah Lought - that idiot Arry actually thought that managing his country would be a greater honour and responsibility than managing Spuds

What a cnut
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:36

Post #120 was posted without seeing your post #118 Baz .. Wow , spooky or what affraid

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:40

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

You mean move the whole thread to the other football section ? Okies do it Baz lol Smile

Easy way out baz, merest excuse that harry isnt spurs anymore do it mate so you and arnie are happy, but consider again because views is what you want and views is what you are getting.
    Isnt that what you want of your forum, not people who blindly agree with your views, or enlighten me please !
    But keep it all happy baz, because you dont like it. lol!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:42

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Cop out !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 16:53