The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

What most of you blokes wanted !

Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:12

plus we played well at newcastle and shouldnt of lost
    we played well for 70 mins last week

todays game we didnt play that well and got a draw compared to last season when we lost this game

this is another season when teams can take points of anyone.

man c made hard work 2 beat southampton and qpr at home

man u are looking averge aswell.

i got feeling we will beat man u and that will kick start our season
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO on Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:17

I never wanted AVB in the first place, but now hes here we should back him , but I said from day one there is only one man for the job, and thats Pardew , but most of you didnt like him, but the fella is a top manager , and he knows how to mange players , egos etc etc , I cant honestly say ive got a good feeling about this , there is shades of Ramos about this whole set up , just hope the man can prove the doubters wrong
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:22

A commendably thorough list of excuses Lought

Well done

Never mind - trip to Reading next

Nailed on three points

Ho hum

Post by BazSpur on Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:52

Had thst word with myself baz, was it the 2 mancs we lost to, and did they come 1st and 2nd in the end ?

They did. And did they get beaten by lesser teams last season? I'll think you'll find they did.
    Where do wba and norwich come into the final reckoning?

No idea yet as the season is only 3 games in. Next.

Well get worried baz, because, you are 3 games into 10, a potential 6 poimts turned into 2 at home against survival teams.

Like I said if we are still like this after ten games etc.

Its not avb,s fault, its that w*nker levy, what a f*cking bald headed thick idiot.

Don't think it's anyones fault at the moment. Typical fickle Spurs fan Lew. Like I say Ave a word.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:54

AVB The Facts

He inherited a team that got 5 points from 8 games at the back of the season.

Since then we have sold our best player an another one of our best.

All the other teams have strengthened. We bought 3 players in the last 3 days leaving no time to bed them in for the starting line up.

We got 1 more point in this figure than we did last season despite having a weakened starting line up.

shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:39

i went today and we were awful . why play one up front with 5 in midfield at home to norwich.defoe was stranded on his own and anything in to him was mopped up easily. it was bit better when we went 2 up with ade with him. 5 in midfield to me isnt working as when they get the ball theres no movement forwards its all conjested, their all trying to pass it sideways or backwards. many a time today we turned attack into a defensive move. wheres our flying wingers and full backs moving up to let them cut inside, thats all gone we had hardly any width today and i dont know if avb has told walker and benny to stay back. its not pretty now to watch and not exciting. early days i know but worrying as well. on positive side jan had a good game imo and dembele looked good.
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Sun Sep 02 2012, 18:23

Lought u change your mind on things like the weather if this was Arrys team u would be slagging off to bits Drawing at home to teams like WBA and Norwich. Its not acceptable for a club with top 4 assperations im not slagging off AVB or praising Arry i blame Levy he know Modric was leaving and that he would get a lot of money in there must of been money in the bank from all these sponsorship deals yes Sig and Vert came in early Moutinho should of been next then a top striker. Keeper wasnt piroty could of been January then got him. Dembele does look quality and Man utd was sniffing but Dempsey yes he scored 24 goals for Fulham as got lought excited Crouch has scored that for England not saying Demps is crap but your telling me Liverpool if they tried hard enough would not of got him.

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 02 2012, 20:30

I think the main point here is if it wasnt broken, then why try to fix it.?

Spurs (in my view) had, under harry got as far as they possibly could, keeping in mind that we cannot match the wages of the 2 mancs, but, under harry we were contesting the cl places while he was in tenure.

I honestly dont know what levy thought he was doing, sacking harry, when his record is there to see for all, compare his record as spurs boss to anyone else in charge of spurs since the prem began, and then to hear some of you on here wanting him gone, you know it defies logic to me.

For those who are saying get behind avb, doesnt it stand to reason that as a spurs fan i want him to be succesful, for me i feel sorry for the bloke, how can he improve on what harry has done ? maybe with a man city type budget for players, and wages that match he could do something, but we havent, and he wont !

For me levy sacking harry was the worse thing that could happen to the club, that decision changed my mind about the adroit daniel, it told me he knows fck all about football and the need for continuity both on the field and in management.
    Sad days for us on here lads, because as i started this post off, why fix it when it wasnt broken........crazeeeeeeeee! but thats the sort of chairman we have at spurs...... lol!
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO on Sun Sep 02 2012, 21:18

Mr Plums. wrote:I think the main point here is if it wasnt broken, then why try to fix it.?

Spurs (in my view) had, under harry got as far as they possibly could, keeping in mind that we cannot match the wages of the 2 mancs, but, under harry we were contesting the cl places while he was in tenure.

I honestly dont know what levy thought he was doing, sacking harry, when his record is there to see for all, compare his record as spurs boss to anyone else in charge of spurs since the prem began, and then to hear some of you on here wanting him gone, you know it defies logic to me.

For those who are saying get behind avb, doesnt it stand to reason that as a spurs fan i want him to be succesful, for me i feel sorry for the bloke, how can he improve on what harry has done ? maybe with a man city type budget for players, and wages that match he could do something, but we havent, and he wont !

For me levy sacking harry was the worse thing that could happen to the club, that decision changed my mind about the adroit daniel, it told me he knows fck all about football and the need for continuity both on the field and in management.
    Sad days for us on here lads, because as i started this post off, why fix it when it wasnt broken........crazeeeeeeeee! but thats the sort of chairman we have at spurs...... lol!

Ithink your way of the mark lew , there was obviously more to harrys sacking than meets the eye.

I think levy founf it hard to work with arry, the relationship was under pressure , and we all know if you can't work with someone regardless of record then that person has to go , it can only be the reason, it has little to do with results imo , because arry got us playing good football, but like it or not arry took his eye of the ball , and cost this club 25million pound .

Arry was under contract to spurs , not england , when he was linked to england his head was turned, you could see this by the way we was playing , 13 point lead , we should have sealed 3rd place and qualified for europe with out having to hope cheski lose , but arry gave the arch enemies the advantage and threw away a massive chance , levy had to act in the best interest of the club and find a manager who was 100% committed to THFC , like it or arry wasn't .

Post by seebee1944 on Sun Sep 02 2012, 21:19

On the other hand a lot of clubs would have sacked Harry before the end of the season simply because of the terrible results and losing a 13 point lead when up until then we were even challenging for 2nd or even winning the Prem. Don't forget he would also have walked out had the England job been offered and we would have had to find a new manager anyway. That plus his constant absence from the training ground was why it was right to let him go after the season ended
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Sep 02 2012, 22:20

If it ain't broke don't fix it ?
    Trouble is it was broken with Redknapp.
    Spurs stood behind him during his tax evasion trial. Cappello quits Ing-Ger-Land during this period. No one was sure that Redknapp would be found not guilty so the meeja & Redknapp stay quiet. Redknapp is cleared & the Meeja circus goes into overdrive. Versus Newcastle the team play their best football of the season and the fans show Redknapp a vast outpouring of support. The result is 5-0 Spurs. Levy offers Redknapp an extended & improved contract which Redknapp refuses as he starts his flirting & shenanigans with the Ing-Ger-Land job and a 13 point lead in 3rd place disappears & Hodgson gets the poisoned chalice. Redknapp then uses his chums in the meeja to demand a new contract even though he had turned one down a couple of months before. Levy offers a short term, roling contract, quite rightly as should Ing-Ger-Land have lost the 3 Euro group games 7-0 then Hodgson would have been outed and the meeja would have been demanding Redknapp be installed. That was a vision for a settled management regime from Levy, not an unsettled farce that may have continued to rumble on. That , for me, proves Levy had his vision for Spurs and wanted to take it forwards.
    I began losing faith in Redknapp some time ago. I had hoped he would get the Ing-Ger-Land job as that would have allowed a clean break & fresh start, unfortunately that didn't happen as Redknapp had planned & I had hoped.
    I kept mainly quiet on my misgivings about Redknapp as I support Spurs so therefore felt that "wait & see" was the only way forward. Redknapp done fantastic & triffic for the club and I could forgive him most things, such as his lack of respect for the supporters which was apparent on more then one occasion, his at times lack of tactical nous and almost clue-lessness on the touch-line but I could not forgive him for the way he tried to mug off the club I love.
    Therefore this is the right time for a new dawn to begin. Redknapp has gone, in my humble opinion correctly so, and we have a new manager to support, & if as fans we feel the need, to question.
    All that matters is Tottenham Hotspur FC . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Sun Sep 02 2012, 23:01

So 4th, 5th and 4th is broken is it Vis ? Yeah right. Just look how daring Daniel is fixing it

I wonder whether the issue between Levy and Arry did not stem from the suggestion of your cheeky Cockney manager that the Chairman stick to his side of the business (stadium building, finance, and smoozing potential investors) and let Arry concentrate on the football side.

It is not as though Levy seems to have much talent for the "business" side of football in any event despite the myth about his love of the deal.

Post by totalytot on Sun Sep 02 2012, 23:03

Loughtonlegend wrote:omg calm down. avb been here 5 mins people are going so over the top

our run in last season was easy on paper yet we hardly won a game under harry with vdv modric.

we have 2 week break now where the new players can train togeather.

the reason mountino didnt come is because he wanted high wages.

we got france keeper in. we couldnt wait much longer or someone else would of got him.

why do we need another striker. avb plays 1 up front
    do we need 2 strikers on the bench.

i rekon we will get that big player we want in jan. either mountino or damieo.

we lost our first 3 games last season.
    if the goons lose 2mz they willbe on same points.

get behind the team

Why do we need a f*cking striker Lought? It's because we don't score f*cking goals that's why.

Mikey M

Post by totalytot on Sun Sep 02 2012, 23:06

LOBO wrote:I never wanted AVB in the first place, but now hes here we should back him , but I said from day one there is only one man for the job, and thats Pardew , but most of you didnt like him, but the fella is a top manager , and he knows how to mange players , egos etc etc , I cant honestly say ive got a good feeling about this , there is shades of Ramos about this whole set up , just hope the man can prove the doubters wrong

The trouble with Pardew Lobo who can deal with his ego.

Mikey M
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Sep 02 2012, 23:16

Nic, Redknapp surely did not concentrate on the football side of things. Letting a 13 point lead slip is proof of that . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 00:22

because we have defoe ade and dempsey

i would love to get rid of defoe and get a proper striker in. defoe again showed how poor he is when given a start

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 00:32

vis wrote:Nic, Redknapp surely did not concentrate on the football side of things. Letting a 13 point lead slip is proof of that . . . .

......and all the other good he did for spurs takes a back seat hey vis ? lol!
    Lets remember that after that glitch, the team got results again and qualified for the cl.....(again) it was bad luck that chelsea took that off us.

As you quite rightly say, its about tottenham here, and not individuals, and what is best for tottenham, and the best thing in years to happen was 4th 5th 4th, thats as good as it gets, because the game is ruled by money,and we cant match what the money clubs pay in wages.

Let me tell you vis, all those on here justifying what happened with levy and harry will regret it within 6 months.
    Levy hasnt the best interests of the club at heart, if he did harry would still be in charge.

You reap what you sow vis ! lets see what this new dawn produces, see how long it lasts on here before avb is under unbearable pressure, and you guys turn again toward another new dawn!
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO on Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:13

And to think most of you wanted Brenden Rogers lol

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:30

they played better then the goons but again they have had 4 pens turned down. they would of got them aganst wigan. coward webb.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:31

think harry was a lucky manager. he almost loan out bale.

they reason we went through really poor runs during the last 2 season is because he played players until they dropped.
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:they played better then the goons but again they have had 4 pens turned down. they would of got them aganst wigan. coward webb.

lol!
    The question is whether you would recognise good football, a good footballer or a good manager if they bit you on the a*se
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:47

Mr Plums. wrote:Well arnie, what can i say ?

I take it you are saying all is ok then ? lol!

No Lew of course I'm not saying it's okay and neither am I happy about 2 points from 9 . Theres only two people here that seem happy about it , one's a gooner and the other one is plastering this thread with LOL's
    Surprised
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:12

Mr Plums. wrote:
    vis wrote:Nic, Redknapp surely did not concentrate on the football side of things. Letting a 13 point lead slip is proof of that . . . .

......and all the other good he did for spurs takes a back seat hey vis ? lol!
    Lets remember that after that glitch, the team got results again and qualified for the cl.....(again) it was bad luck that chelsea took that off us.

As you quite rightly say, its about tottenham here, and not individuals, and what is best for tottenham, and the best thing in years to happen was 4th 5th 4th, thats as good as it gets, because the game is ruled by money,and we cant match what the money clubs pay in wages.

Let me tell you vis, all those on here justifying what happened with levy and harry will regret it within 6 months.
    Levy hasnt the best interests of the club at heart, if he did harry would still be in charge.

You reap what you sow vis ! lets see what this new dawn produces, see how long it lasts on here before avb is under unbearable pressure, and you guys turn again toward another new dawn!

Lew me ole mukka I certainly won't regret Redknapp being sacked 6 months from now !
    If you look at my 1st post on this thread I said how well Redknapp had done. And I also said I could not tolerate the way he tried to mug Spurs off when his "dream" job fell through.
    Lets play what-ifs. I have already done the what-if Hodgson had of failed at the Euros but what if the WC qualifiers start going horribly wrong? Redknapp will be back in the frame and we certainly could do without that at Spurs should it happen & Redknapp still be in post?
    Let's face it Redknapp burnt his bridges at Spurs as soon as Cappello quit. If you trawl through old posts around that time I said I wished Redknapp well if he got the job and would say thanx for what he achieved at Spurs. He didn't get the job but I still thank him but it was time for him to go at the end of last season after he had shown his true colours and lack of commitment at Spurs. I would not have wanted to go into this season with a manager who treated MY club, YOUR club, ALL OF OUR club as he did . . . ..

ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:13

vis wrote:If it ain't broke don't fix it ?
    Trouble is it was broken with Redknapp.
    Spurs stood behind him during his tax evasion trial. Cappello quits Ing-Ger-Land during this period. No one was sure that Redknapp would be found not guilty so the meeja & Redknapp stay quiet. Redknapp is cleared & the Meeja circus goes into overdrive. Versus Newcastle the team play their best football of the season and the fans show Redknapp a vast outpouring of support. The result is 5-0 Spurs. Levy offers Redknapp an extended & improved contract which Redknapp refuses as he starts his flirting & shenanigans with the Ing-Ger-Land job and a 13 point lead in 3rd place disappears & Hodgson gets the poisoned chalice. Redknapp then uses his chums in the meeja to demand a new contract even though he had turned one down a couple of months before. Levy offers a short term, roling contract, quite rightly as should Ing-Ger-Land have lost the 3 Euro group games 7-0 then Hodgson would have been outed and the meeja would have been demanding Redknapp be installed. That was a vision for a settled management regime from Levy, not an unsettled farce that may have continued to rumble on. That , for me, proves Levy had his vision for Spurs and wanted to take it forwards.
    I began losing faith in Redknapp some time ago. I had hoped he would get the Ing-Ger-Land job as that would have allowed a clean break & fresh start, unfortunately that didn't happen as Redknapp had planned & I had hoped.
    I kept mainly quiet on my misgivings about Redknapp as I support Spurs so therefore felt that "wait & see" was the only way forward. Redknapp done fantastic & triffic for the club and I could forgive him most things, such as his lack of respect for the supporters which was apparent on more then one occasion, his at times lack of tactical nous and almost clue-lessness on the touch-line but I could not forgive him for the way he tried to mug off the club I love.
    Therefore this is the right time for a new dawn to begin. Redknapp has gone, in my humble opinion correctly so, and we have a new manager to support, & if as fans we feel the need, to question.
    All that matters is Tottenham Hotspur FC . . . . .

Vis good post .

All the Spurs forums that Ive looked in after yesterdays disapointing home draw have these 'told you so' type threads . Many seem to think like Lew that AVB has chosen to rid us of VDV & Modric . Whilst I can understand their frustration with Harry being axed by Levy I can't understand why they cannot see that Harry would'nt have had the same problems regarding reshaping the squad that AVB has .

1) The goalkeeper situation had to be adressed.
    2) A new center half had to be bought in.
    3) Modric needed replacing
    4) When last season finished we had just Defoe as a striker at the club.

Harry's project was unsustainable , buying in older players on big wages with no resale value was never the Levy way. Harry's idea of replacing Modric would've been with someone like Joe Cole on 100 grand a week. Players like Modric (not a Harry buy) and VDV (not a Harry buy) cannot be replaced like for like unless millions are thrown at it. we have done this as best we can for now, hence the replacements/team have to be given time to adapt to a different system.
    If all are fit these attacking players don't look to bad do they ?

--------Parker-------Dembele

---Lennon------Dempsey-------Bale

----------------Adebayor---------

Three games in, new manager, new players, new system and we get the 'boo boys' at the Lane and the 'I Told You So's' in full voice . It were bound to happen given AVB's recent stint at the Chavs if we did't get off to a flyer.

Also we would never draw/lose at home to Norwich/WBA with Harry in charge
    Shocked

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:18

and wigan. we lost last season then drew the season before at home to wigan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19 2017, 23:47