The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

What most of you blokes wanted !

djfitzo
    International
    International

Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by djfitzo on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:19

anicoll5 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:they played better then the goons but again they have had 4 pens turned down. they would of got them aganst wigan. coward webb.

lol!
    The question is whether you would recognise good football, a good footballer or a good manager if they bit you on the a*se

You really are an arrogant twat sometimes nic

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:21

nic what the hell does that mean. so suddenly in over 50 years of being a manager harry is now considerded a good manager.
    if the goons and chelsea never had poor seasosn then we wouldnt of made the top 4.

harry done a decent job with us but thats it. he was lucky that he was in charge when liverpool chelsea and your lot have been so poor.

why have no top clubs come in for harry. he left portsmouth when they was in relegation battle for southampton then went back to portsmouth when southampton got relegated.
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:26

Thank-you Arnie. I haven't touched yet on Modric's lack of commitment ! VdV I understand and respect. You are right about the type of replacements Redknapp would have asked for. Ferdinand at C/B. As you say Cole or similar in midfield. FFS probably Hesky up front affraid
    Redknapp was a good, but not loyal, servant for the club. I celebrate his achievements but cannot say I am sorry to see him go. Ancellotti would have been my 1st choice as a replacement (and I said that a long time ago) and AVB was my 2nd. So we haven't got maximum points and a goal difference of +20? That cracks the door open for the "We demand instant gratification" mob, the "we love Redknapp" brigade, a vast swathe of opposistion supporters who say they don't care but so much really do and all the chums Redknapp fellated with his slinky sound-bites. Funny ole game football . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:31

it was the manner of yesterdays draw that p*ssed most of us off yesterday. we got our goal and the mentallity was, put the shutters down job done. trouble is it wasnt done. whos tactics are those avbs or the players on the pitch. he took defoe off to bring another midfielder thud on so i suspect its avbs tactics .same happened the week before.yes they need time to gell but their all experienced enough to know it dont work like that defending a one nil lead at home with 15 mins still to play.booing is totally out of order it does f*ck all but de moralise everybody.
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:35

Course I am Dave - I have just watched an admittedly poor Liverpool side comfortably beaten at Anfield by a well organised Arsenal side who never in truth had to get into top gear.

And Lought reckons it was all luck, bad refereeing and Liverpool were the better side

Another example of his eccentric fantasies
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:36

Guys can we try and steer clear of personal insults in this thread please?

Thanx . . . . flowers . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:42

i thought liverpool had all the possesson yet not many chances on goal then your lot just counter attacked

but there was at least 3 penalty appeals at anfeild and not one given. you can bet your life they would of got one if it was aganst a smaller side

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:44

avb brought defoe off with 8 mins to go not 15.

thought that was a good sub. hudd one of the best users of the ball comes on but the red card was harsh

the only sub i was not happy with was sandro off at half time instead of jake
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:48

Lought & Nic , I just set up a premeirship games thread for us to chat about other matches not involving Spurs Smile

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:00

anicoll5 wrote:Course I am Dave - I have just watched an admittedly poor Liverpool side comfortably beaten at Anfield by a well organised Arsenal side who never in truth had to get into top gear.

And Lought reckons it was all luck, bad refereeing and Liverpool were the better side

Dont be clever gooner, Lought may have his faults but his spurs and on a spurs board and we don't need you demeaning his knowledge of football, believe it or not, you are not the font of all footballing knowledge.

Post by BazSpur on Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:03

Let me tell you vis, all those on here justifying what happened with levy and harry will regret it within 6 months.

And then you'll be very pleased Lew and will be able to say with a big smile on your face "I told you so". how about just getting behind the club, team and manager?

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by BazSpur on Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:06

djfitzo wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:Course I am Dave - I have just watched an admittedly poor Liverpool side comfortably beaten at Anfield by a well organised Arsenal side who never in truth had to get into top gear.

Dont be clever gooner, Lought may have his faults but his spurs and on a spurs board and we don't need you demeaning his knowledge of football, believe it or not, you are not the font of all footballing knowledge.

I was going to post something there but I think I'll save it for another day.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:30

So dis you watch the game from Anfield ? Do you reckon Liverpool
    were the better team and the result was down to luck and Howard Webb ?

Lought started this drivel - why not let him explain himself ?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:33

anicoll5 wrote:So dis you watch the game from Anfield ? Do you reckon Liverpool
    were the better team and the result was down to luck and Howard Webb ?

Lought started this drivel - why not let him explain himself ?

Not the point, your post directed at him was condescending and arrogant.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 04:43

you defended well. you hardly outplayed them. got some luck when your goal came from being outplayed and a mistake from gerrard wich meant liverpool had to take even more risk and you broke away and got a 2nd.

even the pundits said the same thing.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 05:29

BazSpur wrote:Let me tell you vis, all those on here justifying what happened with levy and harry will regret it within 6 months.

And then you'll be very pleased Lew and will be able to say with a big smile on your face "I told you so". how about just getting behind the club, team and manager?

How did i know that comment was going to be flung in at some stage of this thread, that i will be pleased to see spurs struggle under avb ?

Truth is baz ! i am one hell of a disillusioned spurs fan by what i believe is the worse decision that levy has ever made.
    Its ok for you guys to blast away at redknapp about what he said to the press, or for his ambition to be england manager at the age of 63, but when someone has a go back in his defence, all of a sudden they are hoping for spurs to have a bad season .

In my opinion levy has chucked away 4 years of improvement for spurs, and yes ! harry had taken us as far as he could, (as some on here repeat often) but thats as good as it gets for spurs with the cash available for transfers and wages.
    I just hope it turns for avb and spurs, and to tell the truth i reckon dempsey will be a good signing, but i cant see us matching the heady heights of the last 2 seasons, and that is what levy has traded for all us spurs fans.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 05:44

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:Well arnie, what can i say ?

I take it you are saying all is ok then ? lol!

No Lew of course I'm not saying it's okay and neither am I happy about 2 points from 9 . Theres only two people here that seem happy about it , one's a gooner and the other one is plastering this thread with LOL's
    Surprised

If your interpretation of my opinions is that i am happy about things then so be it.
    The lol,s are to soften what afterall is a touchy subject on here, and to lighten the mood.
    But let me tell you a little story (as max bygraves used to say)
    Where i work, there is a spammer, a gooner, a manc, and yes another tottenham fan as well as myself.
    When levy sacked redknapp they all laughed and said its typical of tottenham to shoot themselves in the foot, or words to that effect, they couldnt believe that the man who had taken spurs to new heights was sacked, to say they called levy a fcking w*nker is an understatement.
    I knew exactly where they were coming from and couldnt believe it myself.
    Ok, well the end result is what has happened has happened and we or particularly myself have to move on and accept what dashing daniel has done, but i am not happy, and dont see any new dawns in the new set-up, only a return to the old mid table scenario.

Post by BazSpur on Mon Sep 03 2012, 05:47

But you keep missing the point Lew or avoiding it altogether. It wasn't because he couldn't take us any further. Why don't you address the loss of a 13 yes 13 point lead over the goons which was unforgivable. Do you really think he should have been dallying in the back ground over whether he should take the England job while he still had an important job at Spurs. He should have been saying "I am at present the manager of Spurs and will be for the foreseeable" like any other decent manager would have done. What did Redknapp say. "Well you'd have to think about it wouldn't you. I mean no English manager would turn it down would he" Thereby saying to the FA Yeah come and get me f*ck this lot here. All that after the club stood by him all through his dodgy as f*ck tax fraud case. Even after all that Levy offered him a new contract and what did good old chirpy, cheeky Arry do? He turned it down because he thought it was nailed on he would get the England job. I like many others Stuck up for Arry when he was being slagged by fans who hated him and said he was nothing but a wheeler dealer. Turns out they were right. He left Portsmouth in shite and he left Southampton in shite and the only reason he didn't leave us in shite was because Levy had his card marked as a wheeler dealer and wouldn't give him much money to spend. Which is why it is being spent now. And you can add to all that the disgusting jibes he made about Spurs fans being idiots plus his media whoring from the window of his car especially on transfer deadline days. I'm glad he's gona and even if it turns out that AVB is a flop it won't change my mind about Arry.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 05:58

Yeah baz, i have taken on board the 13 points thrown away, maybe ! just maybe the players had something to do with that, and shouldnt england have come out and said we wont be asking harry to be manager, so as not to disrupt the tottenham season at a crucial stage, that in my book was disgusting to keep the man dangling in mid air and mess up all the good work done in the months before, with all that going on the players must have been affected to lose form like they did, and then only to pick up again later when hodgson was made england manager.
    Too much of a coincidence for me !
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles on Mon Sep 03 2012, 06:16

Mr Plums. wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:Well arnie, what can i say ?

I take it you are saying all is ok then ? lol!

No Lew of course I'm not saying it's okay and neither am I happy about 2 points from 9 . Theres only two people here that seem happy about it , one's a gooner and the other one is plastering this thread with LOL's
    Surprised

If your interpretation of my opinions is that i am happy about things then so be it.
    The lol,s are to soften what afterall is a touchy subject on here, and to lighten the mood.

Just as my reply to your asking "I take it you are saying all is ok then" ? My reply were also tongue in cheek with the suprised smiley at the end of it.

But let me tell you a little story (as max bygraves used to say)
    Where i work, there is a spammer, a gooner, a manc, and yes another tottenham fan as well as myself.
    When levy sacked redknapp they all laughed and said its typical of tottenham to shoot themselves in the foot, or words to that effect, they couldnt believe that the man who had taken spurs to new heights was sacked, to say they called levy a fcking w*nker is an understatement.
    I knew exactly where they were coming from and couldnt believe it myself.
    Ok, well the end result is what has happened has happened and we or particularly myself have to move on and accept what dashing daniel has done, but i am not happy, and dont see any new dawns in the new set-up, only a return to the old mid table scenario.

Clearly the working relationship between Levy and Redknapp had broken down . I happen to think much of it was to do with Harry's media whoring which I believe he were asked to curb after his they're all idiots remarks . Then there were the differences of the, how the squad should be managed. Harry wanting experienced older players on higher wages , with Levy wanting by enlarge, prospects with a sale on value . Then you add the slump in results at the tail end of a season for the the second season running which incidentally has cost the club millions in CL monies , not to say a few million also lost on the Modric fee. All that and then you get Harry phoning up his chums at Sky Sports to meet him at his golf club with their TV cameras where he will share an exclusive with them about his contract negotiations with Levy! Sorry Lew it all became ridiculous.

I say again , we can have our doubts about whether the present manager will deliver or if Harry would've done a better job given the chance with new signings to replace Modric , VDV and others. But these 'I told You So' threads that have appeared on many Spurs forums with three games in, seem to me from fellow fans who are just itching to pull the trigger and dare I say, some of them (not you) , are quite happy to see it all turn sour for us just so they can tell us all they told us so. As Baz says , had you written this in a few months time after we're in mid table, I could begin to understand it.
    [b]
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Sep 03 2012, 06:30

Mr Plums. wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Let me tell you vis, all those on here justifying what happened with levy and harry will regret it within 6 months.

How did i know that comment was going to be flung in at some stage of this thread, that i will be pleased to see spurs struggle under avb ?

Truth is baz ! i am one hell of a disillusioned spurs fan by what i believe is the worse decision that levy has ever made.
    Its ok for you guys to blast away at redknapp about what he said to the press, or for his ambition to be england manager at the age of 63, but when someone has a go back in his defence, all of a sudden they are hoping for spurs to have a bad season .

In my opinion levy has chucked away 4 years of improvement for spurs, and yes ! harry had taken us as far as he could, (as some on here repeat often) but thats as good as it gets for spurs with the cash available for transfers and wages.
    I just hope it turns for avb and spurs, and to tell the truth i reckon dempsey will be a good signing, but i cant see us matching the heady heights of the last 2 seasons, and that is what levy has traded for all us spurs fans.

Lew I have highlighted the part of your post that is the crux of my argument in favour of getting rid of Redknapp. The job he wanted above all others???
    That includes the Spurs job mate. Is that why 13 points got p*ssed down the pan and 3rd place disappeared? For me it is.
    Do you really think 4th is as best it gets Lew? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3RD BUT REDKNAPP MESSED IT UP ! ! !
    Levy, for me, has tried to keep the momentum going with no thanks to Redknapp and his sluttish whoring to try for the Ing-Ger-Land post . . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Mon Sep 03 2012, 06:45

Redknapp when he was chasing the Ing-Ger-Land job basically said that "the players don't care whose in charge".
    When the Ing-Ger-Land job went to Hodgson he basically said that "the players need to know who is in charge so give into my demands".
    And this from the individual who had the termacity to call Spurs fans idiots because they questioned his judgement on radio phone-in shows . . . . .

Post by BazSpur on Mon Sep 03 2012, 07:08

and shouldnt england have come out and said we wont be asking harry to
    be manager, so as not to disrupt the tottenham season at a crucial
    stage, that in my book was disgusting to keep the man dangling in mid
    air and mess up all the good work done in the months before, with all
    that going on the players must have been affected to lose form like they
    did, and then only to pick up again later

What? You are having a bubble Lew. As it turned out Arry was never in the frame for the England job. The FA had never considered him so why should they say anything? No Lew it was Arry's media darlings in the press that were bigging Arry up for the job and telling lies that The FA were considering him. It turns out as I said earlier they weren't Why should they comment on a pack of lies put out by the press?

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 07:34

gave you a rep baz for your long post. spot on

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 03 2012, 07:40

right we all remember losing 13point lead last season
    well the season before that the last 12 prem games

blackpool a 3 1 lost
    wolves a 3 3 draw
    west ham h 0 0draw
    wigan a 0 0draw
    stoke h 3 2 win
    arsenal h 3 3draw
    west brom h 2 2draw
    chelsea a 2 1 lost
    blackpool h 1 1 draw
    man c a 01 lost
    liverpool a 0 2 won
    birmigham h 2 1 won

inbetween them games we got stuffed by real madrid
    look at all them draws at home to teams we should be beaten. and somehow we sneaked 4th........

Last edited by Loughtonlegend on Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:03; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21 2017, 13:57