The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

get rid.

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Re: get rid.

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:42

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:steerling looks promising though

Wernt that the young kid that was tripped by Mertesacker for a pen that the ref missed?

Well to quote Dave Vis if you want to dish it out then you have to learn to take it - see above

I think Sterling looks a great little prospect - very direct and tidy in his use of the ball

But you know the score Vis - When do we ever talk about football on here - when there is an eliptical opportunity to bring in an a*se V Spud comment ?

And I must admit Sterling went up in my estimate when, unlike more "experienced" players when he did go down under Mertesacker's tackle he did not roll around like a cheating a*rsehole (Suarez). In fact he did not even appeal for a penalty.

Long may he "stay on his feet" - to quote Butch

Post by BazSpur on Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:51

But you know the score Vis - When do we ever talk about football on here
    - when there is an eliptical opportunity to bring in an a*se V Spud
    comment ?

Hahahahaha That's a corker. When do you ever talk football on here? In fact let me be frank seeing as we are in a frank frame of mind. YOU very rarely talk football on here Nic. Most of your posts consist of either having digs at somebody on the forum or trying your best to disrupt threads by taking them off topic. Whenever we are trying to talk Spurs on here it seems you make it your life's work to make sure it veers off the subject at hand. either that or your posts consist of snidey little remarks which are meant to dig out posters on here. Seeing we are in a frank frame of mind.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:52

Shame pires didn't do that against Pompey . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Sep 11 2012, 02:59

anicoll5 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:steerling looks promising though

Wernt that the young kid that was tripped by Mertesacker for a pen that the ref missed?

Well to quote Dave Vis if you want to dish it out then you have to learn to take it - see above

I think Sterling looks a great little prospect - very direct and tidy in his use of the ball

But you know the score Vis - When do we ever talk about football on here - when there is an eliptical opportunity to bring in an a*se V Spud comment ?

And I must admit Sterling went up in my estimate when, unlike more "experienced" players when he did go down under Mertesacker's tackle he did not roll around like a cheating a*rsehole (Suarez). In fact he did not even appeal for a penalty.

Long may he "stay on his feet" - to quote Butch

But the second I mentioned an Arsenal player you threw your toys out Nic and went on the defensive with the Bale jibes, so really you love dishing it out, but certainly cant take it!!

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:01

See what I mean ?

You say Pires

I say Zokora

Really brilliant discourse

Wake up - Every club has players , and has had players, players who cheat and let the club down, the supporters down and football down - they even let themselves down

As I said above good on Sterling for not playing the w*nker - pity a few more experienced so called professionals don't adopt the same approach

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:04

You cant help yourself Dave can you - Lought brings up Sterling - you chime in with a whinge about Mertesacker and the referee at Anfield ten days ago

Do you have "opinion" on Sterling and his England call up, or Livermore for that matter, that does not link to Arsenal ?

vis

Post by vis on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:04

Last word syndrome me thinks . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by BazSpur on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:18

Well, let's say for a minute we have Bale who dives. Let's just say. That's one for us. Then Zokora, yep I'll go with that so let's say we have two. Ummmmm struggling now. Shall we now go through the whole list of Ar5en1 players who over the years have littered the pitches with their own bodies from diving. And shall we also mention how they also littered pitches with the bodies of other teams players through fouling. you tube is a great place to find such examples Nic. Shall I get some for your perusal? PMSL.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:20

anicoll5 wrote:You cant help yourself Dave can you - Lought brings up Sterling - you chime in with a whinge about Mertesacker and the referee at Anfield ten days ago

Do you have "opinion" on Sterling and his England call up, or Livermore for that matter, that does not link to Arsenal ?

Cause I knew you would react, which you did, boot on the other foot and all that.

Was it a whinge though? just an observation and that I asked for clarity from Lought if it was the same player.

Post by BazSpur on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:23

I think Livermore is a good choice to play for England. And it will do the lad good. Rather have him that Walnut anyway.

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:33

I am quite surprised Livermore was not one of those deemed surplus to requirements at the Lane this Summer and his form in the PL openers has been shakey

Still a run out against the Ukraine might give his confidence a boost

As for Theo I agree - not worth the shirt imo

(Good to see we brought in the Arsenal hook there Baz ) Very Happy
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:38

BazSpur wrote:Well, let's say for a minute we have Bale who dives. Let's just say. That's one for us. Then Zokora, yep I'll go with that so let's say we have two. Ummmmm struggling now. Shall we now go through the whole list of Ar5en1 players who over the years have littered the pitches with their own bodies from diving. And shall we also mention how they also littered pitches with the bodies of other teams players through fouling. you tube is a great place to find such examples Nic. Shall I get some for your perusal? PMSL.

Feel free Baz but I would save yourself the trouble and read the 181 postings on the topic headed "Bale on FA Charge" if I were you - I think everyone had their fair go on that thread don't you ? If you reckon there is more to be said I look forward to hearing it

Post by BazSpur on Tue Sep 11 2012, 03:41

Not really Nic. I think you get my drift so to speak. Arsenal Hook? What do you mean? I don't rate Walnut and you obviously agree with me. Now what was the thread title?

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 11 2012, 04:25

jakes there just to make up the numbers. i doubt he will get on. but least hes not pulled out with a stupid excuess like theo in the england friendly last month lol

anyway zokoro only dived once. cesc robert henry used to dive all the time.
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 06:05

Well thank god we agree on Walcott - and probably Livermore Baz

And then Lought has to spoil it by accusing Theo of letting down England by feigning injury, and then I bring up Bale turning down the chance to play for the Olympic GB team just so he could play in some meaningless friendlies in the States - Chance of a lifetime - Tut tut tut

Btw is monkey boy playing for Wales this week ? Not seen his cheeky little face for a few days

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 11 2012, 07:30

he played at the weekend.

i never rated walcot
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 19:36

Strange meeja blackout on the England U21s last night, nothing on Sky or the BBC - and unless you were willing to shell out for ESPN the game may as well not have been played ?

We won by the way, means we go into the draw for the play offs with a seeded draw.

Back to the land of the tartan tennis racket Rolling Eyes

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Sep 11 2012, 19:58

anicoll5 wrote:Strange meeja blackout on the England U21s last night, nothing on Sky or the BBC - and unless you were willing to shell out for ESPN the game may as well not have been played ?

We won by the way, means we go into the draw for the play offs with a seeded draw.

Back to the land of the tartan tennis racket Rolling Eyes

Strange thing is Nic, all the bods that got the hump with him when he declared that he didnt care who won a tournament (cant think which one) as long as it was not England are probably lauding his first slam and claiming his Britishness!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24 2017, 18:31