The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Andy Murray.

Andy Murray.

Post by BazSpur on Tue Sep 11 2012, 21:30

Probably not going to be flavour of the month but hey ho. I stayed up to watch Murray win the US Open and I actually cheered him on shock horror. I think it's great that at last we have a grand slam winner after what? 76 years. It was a brilliant win in the end. And please spare me the anti-English rhetoric, he appologised for that a long while ago.

Baz <sits back and waits for the onslaught.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Re: Andy Murray.

Post by anicoll5 on Tue Sep 11 2012, 21:38

Not a tennis fan but given the crap that tennis players have to put up with in this country, built up by the meeja then kicked in the bollox when they fail,good luck to him.

Apparently a hell of a game last night - both players giving it 110%

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 12 2012, 01:00

now everyone loves him. just goes to show any half decent player can win it.

Post by BazSpur on Wed Sep 12 2012, 01:26

Except Tim Henman Hey Lought? Murray is more than a half decent player. He is a very decent player.Djokovic is the World no 1 player and in the 5th set last night Murray completely demolished him with his powerful serving and masterful stroke play . Let's not forget Andy Murray also beat Federer to win Gold at the olympics.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 12 2012, 02:07

i dont think Federer cared about the olympics
    he beat murray when it matterd and beat him without being at hes best

Djokovic didnt even have a rest day.

anyway hes scottish not english why do we always jump on other peoples bangwagon like arsneal do with mo lol
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Wed Sep 12 2012, 02:27

This dismissal of the first British Grand Slam winner for 76 years reminds me of what .......?

Now let me see ?

"the opposition were crap/ weren't trying/had their best players injured"

"should have won by more as any decent side could stuff them"

whistle

Post by BazSpur on Wed Sep 12 2012, 02:49

Federer din't care about the olympics? BOLLOX. Of course he cared. So you mean to tell me he threw his country's chance of an Olympic medal because he couldn't be arsed? loool. Every tennis pro said Federer was outplayed by Murray. As for Djokovic playing without a rest day didn't that happen to Murray when he played Federer in the Wimbledon final? It's the way it goes and it's not a valid excuse. Nah, that won't wash Lought. It's the way it goes. It's like saying the reason a team didn't win the Prem is because they played more games than anyone else. Sounds like sour grapes because he won to me Lought. You are jumping on the Anti-Scottish wagon. He's Scottish not English? So what? He's British and I always support the Brits be it football, boxing, swimming, Rugby or whatever else. The only time I won't support the Scots, Welsh and Irish is if they are playing England.

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 12 2012, 03:34

the early rounds are rubbish. you play players that are ranked 125/1 its like spurs playing harlow town fc

it dont get competitve untill the later rounds.
    now murray won everyone loves him yet he shouldnt win persanilty of the year because he has none.

hes 25 and this is hes first us open. nadal and fed have loads between them

Post by BazSpur on Wed Sep 12 2012, 05:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:the early rounds are rubbish. you play players that are ranked 125/1 its like spurs playing harlow town fc

Not sure what your point is. That is the same in all competitions. That's why players are seeded. Just like CL clubs are seeded.

it dont get competitve untill the later rounds.

See above.
    now murray won everyone loves him yet he shouldnt win persanilty of the year because he has none.

I've always supported him not just because he won last night. He won't get Sports personality of the year anyway. Jess Ennis, Mo Farah or Bradley Wiggins are going to win that.

hes 25 and this is hes first us open. nadal and fed have loads between them

What? LOL, so what? He has played his tennis when some of the best in the World have been Champions Nadal, Federer and Djokovich. What does it matter anyway? That's like saying Friedal has only just made it to a big club at the age of at the age of 39 lol. What does it matter? The American Arthur Ashe only won Wimbledon once, He was 32 In fact in his whole Tennis career he only won 3 grand slams thefirst one when he was 27 funny enough does that make him crap? The last British woman to win Wimbledon only won it once, that was in 1977 her name is Virginia Wade and she was 32 when she won Wimbledon. She won her first grand slam at the age of 28. Should we slag her off then?

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 12 2012, 05:57

hes scottish not english. my point is when he losses hes crap when he wins hes everyone loves him

Post by BazSpur on Wed Sep 12 2012, 06:13

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes scottish not english. Where did I say he wasn't? my point is when he losses hes crap when he wins hes everyone loves him

That's the way with everything though isn't it? Or is it just Andy murray that happens with? I think not. Think back to Tim Henman that was the attitude toward him too. When he won everyone was lapping it up. When he lost it was "Same old Henman. Can't do it when the pressure is on" And he was English. Anyway, said all I am going to say on this. Well done Andy. You were great.

vis

Post by vis on Wed Sep 12 2012, 08:02

Makes me chuckle that when he loses (which is more often then not) he is British yet when he wins he is Scottish. I can't stand the moody little bigot . . . . .

proud

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by BazSpur on Wed Sep 12 2012, 10:04

Watched his interviews today and never heard him mention his Scottishness once. He did however say his win was good for British tennis.

shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Wed Sep 12 2012, 20:31

hes scottish and proud of it, why shouldnt he be.
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Wed Sep 12 2012, 20:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes scottish not english. my point is when he losses hes crap when he wins hes everyone loves him

Apart from you

who just hates him sunny
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:37

He is welcome to be proud of his birth place but this means no more to me then a Lithuanian, American, Japanese or Indonesian winning a match of tennis . . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 13 2012, 07:53

lol vis

nic i dont hate anyone
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:20

vis wrote:He is welcome to be proud of his birth place but this means no more to me then a Lithuanian, American, Japanese or Indonesian winning a match of tennis . . . . . .
    exactly vis, and i dont suppose he gives a sh*t if we support him or not
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Sep 14 2012, 05:09

LOL Shear I would hope he doesn't want my support. T'wud break me (brave)heart if he craved it . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19 2017, 17:58