The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Hillsborough

vis

Hillsborough

Post by vis on Fri Sep 14 2012, 07:17

Is it possible to have a debate about this? I have read quite a lot about the latest judgements. The changed evidence and admissions and apologies from those in authority. But it is still my feeling that there is more to come and more that is hidden. In the interests of public knowledge, opinion and fair play this has to be revealed. But my question is - who will be affected the most by this? Obviously the families of those involved can now, hopefully, deal with their grief. The guilty parties involved in any cover up or crime should face the full force of prosecution for their misdemeanour's. But, but, but. Hillsborough led to the Taylor report which in turn has helped lead to the place that football finds it's self in in the 21st Century. So much has changed in the game. You can trace it back to Hillsborough, Bradford and let's not forget Heysel, and many other events. Spurs fans had almost come to grief in a semi at Hillsborough at the same end just a year before! Fans, clubs and the authorities all carry a certain burden of guilt. I'd be most interested to hear the views of other posters about this emotive subject . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Re: Hillsborough

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14 2012, 07:34

a lot of people are blaming the sun but they was told from the police that the liverpool fans was the cause.

is anyone really shocked though
    theres so many cover ups from the goverment.

its them versus us
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Fri Sep 14 2012, 08:14

I assure you we will not have a debate about it Vis

I doubt anyone who went to a big football match in the late 60s, 70s or 80s could not have had at least one bad experience where they were crushed in a crowd, in a spill down steep stairs, felt a barrier collapse, pinned up against a fence etc

Oh it could have been me, you any bugger

The Taylor report identified the great part of what happened on the day

I am very very doubtful if there will be any further legal action other than a possible revision of the inquest

Over to Mr Grieve

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14 2012, 10:34

heres a differnt view on it from a poster on a diff forum vis

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1734286

Is there anyone who still thinks Liverpool fans are to blame for Hillsborough?
    Logically, you'd think no. The report completely vindicates LFC fans and there's certainly no evidence that Liverpool fans were drunk (or at least no more than usual), urinated on cops and stole from the dead.
    Personally, I admit I had my doubts as to who to believe but now I'm certain Liverpool fans are completely innocent of what South Yorkshire Police, The Sun and the then government alleged. as I'm sure virtually everyone agrees.

However, I'm curious as to whether anyone still has doubts, even now. My dad is Italian and he has memories of how bad English football fans were in the 80s. He said they regularly attacked Italians and other foreigners during European matches and he singled out LFC fans as the worst of the lot at the time.

He's still angry about the Heysel stadium disaster that killed some Juventus fans only a few years before Hillsborough. I've argued about this with him and I told him the report is proof the LFC fans are innocent, regardless of how they behaved in the past but he finds it difficult to believe that the people who caused trouble in the past and killed Juve fans at Heysel, didn't also turn up at Hillsborough.

I guess I'm starting this thread to get a debate going about this and try and settle these issues. Does anyone know what happened to the LFC fans who caused the deaths at Heysel? Were they all prevented from attending all future matches including that match at Hillsborough or could any of them have been there as well?

I don't mean to be disrespectful to Liverpool or to the 96 who died and I'm glad all these files have finally been released and the truth of the cover-up has finally been exposed. But because of what my dad still believes even after yesterday, I wonder if there is anyone else out there who still thinks some LFC fans somehow caused those deaths and whether anyone can be totally sure that LFC's worst elements weren't in Sheffield on that tragic day in 1989?
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Fri Sep 14 2012, 10:51

I don't know Lought
    Do you think LfC fans were " somehow" responsible for the deaths at Hilsbro ?

Over to you my duck

anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 on Fri Sep 14 2012, 10:54

The brilliant thing is with Lought is that even with Hilsbro you can still have an argument

Wodda geezer eh

You must have been about 11 and watching Granstand ?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14 2012, 11:06

i duno i remember 1987 buying hot shot tottenham and playing it over and over again on the friday night before the cup final.. The day of the cup final going to the local school fete and buying a spurs cup final banner. going home then game starts and we 1 0 up in first minute then we dont play that well and lose.

then sitting down all night playing ghost castle with my sister then thats it. no more memorys untill 1991 lol

i remember watching vid printer on bbc with that song i can never remener name of it. who ever can tell me name of it well get a rep.

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14 2012, 11:39

i remember the wonderfull song ferry across the mersy when it got re relesed in 1989

Post by seebee1944 on Fri Sep 14 2012, 22:15

Vis mentions the cup semi final between Spurs and Wolves and I don't know if any of you were there but I was and believe me the tragedy of Liverpool very nearly happened to us. On that occasion when things got so crushed, the police shepherded a lot of Spurs fans to the other end of the ground, where Wolves were. That was nearly another disaster for obvious reasons. I now see that this was the reason for Hillsboro not being used for semi finals for several years.

Hopefully the new evidence will lead to some form of settlement for the bereaved but the Taylor report was one good thing to have resulted.

vis

Post by vis on Sun Sep 16 2012, 05:10

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19596766

Interesting read about how we, the fans, were once viewed & treated . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by BazSpur on Sun Sep 16 2012, 06:06

Me and my Brother were there too that day
    Seebee. You are right, it nearly did happen to us. We were in the
    Leppings Lane that day and it was horrific. We thought we were going to
    get crushed. We manged to drag each other to a safer spot but as you say
    the Police let hundreds onto the pitch to ease the pressure.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20 2017, 19:34