The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs SS Lazio EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio

vis
    vis

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio Empty Match Thread Vs SS Lazio

Post by vis Mon Nov 19 2012, 05:24

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio 250px-SS_Lazio.svg Versus Match Thread Vs SS Lazio 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio 250px-Stadio_Olimpico_2008

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio 160px-Europa_league.svg

Thursday 22nd November 2012
    K.O @ 1800hrs GMT
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio Empty Re: Match Thread Vs SS Lazio

Post by shearspur Thu Nov 22 2012, 21:28

10 spurs supporters injured already in trouble out there. stabbings again, they got history of this and nothing is ever done to stop them with their knives. chuck lazio out the competition , its the only thing that will hurt their animal supporters.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 23 2012, 02:52

This is awful news Shear .

The bar owner has stated that the Spurs fans were mostly middle aged 40 - 50 somethings .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236739/Tottenham-fans-stabbed-Rome-ahead-Lazio-match.html

I also think Gazza should reconsider.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/gascoigne-faces-real-danger-of-ruining-relationship-with-tottenha
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 04:32

And historically fascists. Any one for Di Cannio's seig heil salute? If you understand Italian you may hear some, can I put it this way, old fashioned chanting tonight? Every time, it seems, an English club goes to Italia there are stabbings. If the situation was reversed UEFA would look to ban English clubs again.
    A tricky game this evening me thinks . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 04:34

Mousa Dembele is unlikely to feature for Tottenham in their Europa League Group J fixture at Lazio, despite travelling with the squad.

The Belgian midfielder has overcome a hip injury, but Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas says he will not play.

Steven Caulker has overcome the knee injury that ruled him out of Saturday's 5-2 defeat to Arsenal.

Scott Parker (Achilles), Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Younes Kaboul (both knee) are out.

Brad Friedel has been left in London, so Hugo Lloris will start in goal.

Lazio defender Andre Dias is out for a month following an injury picked up in the goalless draw with Juventus, while midfielder Ederson has a thigh muscle tear and is out for a few weeks.

Tottenham, who have lost four of their last five games, are second in the group with six points, two behind Lazio.

The Italian side can qualify for the last 32 with a win over Spurs.

Provisional squad: Lloris, Cudicini, Naughton, Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Dawson, Vertonghen, Livermore, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Bale, Mason, Dembele, Carroll, Townsend, Dempsey, Defoe, Adebayor.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 04:34

LINE-UPS - Lazio v Tottenham (1800 GMT)

Lazio: Marchetti, Cavanda, Biava, Ciani, Radu, Mauri, Gonzalez, Ledesma, Hernanes, Lulic, Kozak. Subs: Bizzarri, Scaloni, Ederson, Onazi, Rozzi, Candreva, Floccari.

Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Naughton, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Carroll, Bale, Dempsey, Adebayor. Subs: Cudicini, Huddlestone, Lennon, Defoe, Dembele, Dawson, Livermore.

Referee: Fernando Teixeira Vitienes (Spain)
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 04:35

Lazio will clinch pole position in Group J with victory at home to Tottenham - but a Spurs win in the Italian capital would take them through if NK Maribor do not win at Panathinaikos. You got this so far?

Lazio v Tottenham (1800 GMT)

BBC Sport's Jimmy Smallwood reports: "Paul Gascoigne should be in the stands this evening - and at the reverse fixture in September both sets of supporters could be heard to chant his name. The 0-0 draw played out between these teams in the autumn was the first of three Europa League draws which still leaves Spurs exposed to elimination, despite manager Andre Villas-Boas declaring in the summer that Tottenham regard this competition highly.

"One other thing to note will be the size of the attendance at the Stadio Olimpico - most expect it be to packed out when rockers Muse travel to Italy next summer. AVB will want to leave Spurs fans Feeling Good - experiencing Bliss, even - at the final whistle tonight."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 04:48

Andre Villas-Boas keeps faith with France international Hugo Lloris in goal, while veteran keeper Brad Friedel misses out of the squad altogether. Striker Emmanuel Adebayor also keeps his place, despite his straight red card against former club Arsenal at the weekend. Youngster Tom Carroll, capped once at England Under-19 level, starts surely the biggest game of his Spurs career to date, while Mousa Dembele makes the bench after a spell on the sidelines with a hip injury.

There is no Miroslav Klose in the Lazio squad.

Hmmm and I pick Friedel as my MOM in predictions? Ho-Hum AVB. Way to cost me points . . . lmao . . . . ..

Get
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 04:51

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas, who won the Europa League with Porto in 2010-11, says he is hoping for a classic encounter in Rome against Group J leaders Lazio. "It could be a good European night," said the Portuguese. "It's a game - and I've spoken about this in the past - that could be a Champions League fixture, playing in this stadium against a team full of history. I'm sure both teams will approach it in that way."

For their part, Lazio come into this fixture a mite out of form. They have won only two of their last six fixtures, although they do lie fifth in Serie A. Manager Vladimir Petkovic is in bullish mood: "I am not worried by Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon. I do not choose my line-up based on the opposition. We need to know their strengths and weaknesses, but not necessarily change to adapt. I'll field my first choice line-up."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 05:49

Maybe it's time to bring Dempsey on for the 2nd half?????

Perfectly good goal disallowed and some other dubious decisions from the Ref. Apart from that SS Lazio have looked the more likely. Good from Lloris so far. I think there may just be a bit more to come the 2nd half . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 06:58

Shame Dempsey didn't get a game ! ! ! !

I'll happily take a point from that. We controlled possession but Lazio had the better chances. For me Adabadback was very disappointing. I would have hoped he had something to prove by way of apology this evening. Our passing was not of it's usual standard but a draw over there was a reasonable result and our Europa destiny is in our hands, which is how it should be . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 07:38

yep i go along with that. ade was dissapointing.

dempsey did nothing lol

lloris done well
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 07:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep i go along with that. ade was dissapointing.

dempsey did nothing lol

lloris done well

Of course Dempsey did nothing Lought. He didn't get a game. Did he???? lmao lmao lmao lmao . . . . ..

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 07:44

442 away from home second half. brave lol and we keep a clean sheet.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 07:57

It was brave and also allowed Lazio back in the game a bit. Nice to see AVB didn't shut-up shop but went for it. Respect to him again. And the clean sheet was pleasing as well . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 08:18

According to the stats we didn't have a single attempt on goal tonight !! Obviously the statto dude thought the one the Lazio 'keeper tipped over from Bale was meant to be a cross . . . .

Shots
    11 0
    On target
    3 0

vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 08:22

Match Thread Vs SS Lazio _64324641_lloris_getty

Tottenham's fourth draw in the Europa League this season, a stalemate in Rome, means they still seek qualification to the knockout stage of the competition.

Gareth Bale had the ball in the Lazio net within five minutes but it was incorrectly ruled out for offside.

But for goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, Spurs could have been down and almost out.

The France international thwarted striker Libor Kozak four times to keep Tottenham in contention.

Prior to kick-off Paul Gascoigne, a mercurial midfield talent for both of these clubs in his colourful career, was paraded before supporters at the Stadio Olimpico.
    The midfield of Tottenham included 20-year-old Tom Carroll, and it was his perfectly-weighted ball that released Bale in the fifth minute.

The Welsh international escaped defender Luis Cavanda's attentions, rounded keeper Frederico Marchetti and slotted the ball home from an angle.

However, Spanish referee Fernando Teixeira disallowed the goal for an offside - a decision that appeared harsh at the time and worse on replay.

That was Tottenham's brightest moment of the first half, as their central midfield trio of Carroll, Sandro and Clint Dempsey struggled to assert themselves.

It was Spurs keeper Lloris, who retained his place despite conceding five in the league against Arsenal on Saturday, who proved the visitors' saviour.

First, the August deadline day signing tipped a dipping Libor Kozak strike on to the bar, then he successfully blocked a scuffed effort from the Czech frontman wide. Lazio were clearly missing their feared German frontman, Miroslav Klose.

Lloris's best moment of the half came five minutes before the interval, sprinting off his line to smother a Lazio through ball on the very edge of his area.

Tottenham fashioned half-chances of their own, but with no end product.

Bale, who switched to the right wing at points throughout the game, cut inside on 22 minutes and unleashed a fierce cross-come-shot which Marchetti did well to palm over.
    A cut inside then cross in the second half from Emmanuel Adebayor was headed straight on to the right boot of Clint Dempsey three yards out, before the hosts' captain Stefano Mauri intercepted to cut off the danger.

Tottenham seemed to be exerting some control of the tie, but on 60 minutes Sandro lost the ball in a dangerous area and Kozac found himself through after dispossessing Steven Caulker.

However, composure again deserted the Czech, who dragged his shot badly wide.

With a win needed to assure qualification from Group J on the night, Villas-Boas introduced his artillery just after the hour, bringing on Jermain Defoe and Aaron Lennon.

But if anything, the change in Tottenham personnel spurred on Lazio, and they could have won it at the death.

An effort on Lloris's goal cannoned off the back of Sandro's head and behind. From the resulting corner centre-back Michael Cani rose unmarked and headed down and hard.

It was only instinctive reactions from Loris which blocked the effort, the ball bouncing back into danger but ultimately hooked clear, keeping the fixture goalless and Tottenham still in the hunt for the last 32.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Nov 23 2012, 08:42

Glad I did buy tickets for the panathinikos game now. Even though they ripped me off on the booking fee. Will be exciting now.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 23 2012, 08:56

Should be a cracking evening Shear and it's good that it will be down to us and no need to rely on other results. A proper European night at The Lane. Go dressed as an Angel mate and bring the nostalgia feeling into it . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 09:10

yet in 2 games aganst them we scored 4 goals yet all ruled out
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Nov 23 2012, 09:59

vis wrote:Should be a cracking evening Shear and it's good that it will be down to us and no need to rely on other results. A proper European night at The Lane. Go dressed as an Angel mate and bring the nostalgia feeling into it . . . . .

Lol vis,my daughter and her boyfriend are coming ,don't think they'd be impressed. Imagine the looks I'd get, I'm sure not many would know about it unless len is going Wink lol. Rolling Eyes
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Nov 24 2012, 00:08

Ah the angels, first and best european night of all one of the best atmospheres ever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 22:06