The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

AVB so far

AVB so far

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 30 2012, 09:44

AVB, as a new manager coming in, has us in third place halfway through the season and he has done this with the following either not being fit/missing/underperforming:

Ade,Modric,VDV,Kaboul,Parker and King.

He has also done this while bringing in the kids such as caulker and naughton, top marks for realising their potential.

How can this have gone any smoother? - it certainly doesn't look like a transition season, and if he wasn't forced to pick Gallas for many of the early games, we wouldn't have shipped needless goals and would possibly be in 2nd place by now.
    would be good to get ekotto back and then give walker a rest and play naughton in hes perferd postion
    So far - 9/10

lew whats your opinion
    vis

Re: AVB so far

Post by vis on Sun Dec 30 2012, 11:02

Lought unless Lew joins up again his opinion will, unfortunately not be heard! Yup AVB doing mighty fine so far. My question is, what if we drift out to 5th or 6th? For me that would be a good 1st season in charge. But will Levy and the majority of fans feel the same? Will AVB be given time to build & mould or will he be ousted double quick? It would be nice to see a young manager have chance to learn & mature with his team . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Sun Dec 30 2012, 20:08

Vis, he seems to know that he has to learn quickly, but its no surprise that we are harder to beat with a world class keeper and the injured players coming back to bolster the quad. My only criticism and I guess it's not AVB's fault, is we are creating as much, if not more chances than last season, but our conversion rate could be better. But I do like his recognition of the busy xmas period by using the quad,something our previous manager failed to do.

Post by seebee1944 on Sun Dec 30 2012, 23:21

He does seem to have learnt from his Chelsea experience, in that he has been far more patient with his changes. Whereas at Chelsea he wanted to change things drastically in a short space of time it's been much more considered with Spurs. Mind you I don't think we've got the egos that some at Chelsea have.
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Dec 31 2012, 01:08

He seems to be fostering a very strong team/squad spirit as well . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler on Mon Dec 31 2012, 03:11

team spirit is good, was a bit worried yesterday, with vertongon on the bench, my concern is killing off teams when we are in control, defoe lone striker with demsey is ok, and always could bring on ada, late on in the game, but as i had a big doubt at the start of the season a v b as won me over, the future is white , the future is bright, coys, happy new year from guernsey

Post by BazSpur on Mon Dec 31 2012, 04:00

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Dec 31 2012, 05:44

Good to see ya Wobbs and glad your enjoying the revolution . . . ..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27 2017, 15:46