The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends



Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery


Affiliates

Log in

I forgot my password


    defoe

    Share

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: defoe

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Jan 15 2013, 04:17

    vis wrote:Whatever the stats Lought Defoe has more goals then Trabbant . . . . .

    and Aguero and the same amount as Dzeko, both who have Silva supplying through balls as well as the work rate and assists of Tevez, shame you dont cut our leading scorer some slack and he has scraps to work on compared to the above.




    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Tue Jan 15 2013, 04:36

    aguero is what 24. hes already done more then defoe has ever done. and hes got 20 prem goals.

    dont compare the 2 because you will look silly.
    manchine rotates hes strikers and has been playing aguero on the left.

    defoe near enough played every minute of every game
    still 1 goal in 8.
    defoe is 30 and is averge

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: defoe

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Jan 15 2013, 04:50

    Loughtonlegend wrote:aguero is what 24. hes already done more then defoe has ever done. and hes got 20 prem goals.

    dont compare the 2 because you will look silly.
    manchine rotates hes strikers and has been playing aguero on the left.

    defoe near enough played every minute of every game
    still 1 goal in 8.
    defoe is 30 and is averge

    Me look silly?

    Aguero has 8 league goals this term, 2 less then Defoe, so far he has one one league title which was bought by a sheiks oil money, so basically he has one league title which was practically handed on a plate for him, me look silly , yeah right



    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Tue Jan 15 2013, 04:55

    man c didnt hardly buy any players in the last transfer window.

    aguero still young and scored Sergio "Kun" Agüero scored 23 goals in the 2011/2012 season for Manchester City

    would we buy a kid and play him up front.

    aguero still had to score the goals.

    so im i right you think defoe a better finniser then aguero Shocked

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: defoe

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Jan 15 2013, 05:38

    Loughtonlegend wrote:man c didnt hardly buy any players in the last transfer window.

    aguero still young and scored Sergio "Kun" Agüero scored 23 goals in the 2011/2012 season for Manchester City

    would we buy a kid and play him up front.

    aguero still had to score the goals.

    so im i right you think defoe a better finniser then aguero Shocked

    He is this season,last seasons gone Lought.


    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: defoe

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Jan 15 2013, 06:16

    djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:man c didnt hardly buy any players in the last transfer window.

    aguero still young and scored Sergio "Kun" Agüero scored 23 goals in the 2011/2012 season for Manchester City

    would we buy a kid and play him up front.

    aguero still had to score the goals.

    so im i right you think defoe a better finniser then aguero Shocked

    He is this season,last seasons gone Lought.


    You was moaning that Defoe has one goal in so many games, but Aguero with the multi-talented squad he plays for has two less league goals then Defoe and Dzeko, playing in the same squad as Aguero has the same as Defoe, 10. There's clearly something about Defoe you don't like, but what rankles is your digging out a player that gives his all for our club and regardless of his drought has more then his illustrious contempories, yet you wax lyrical about a player that is at another club.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Tue Jan 15 2013, 07:17

    yet defoe who had modric lennon bale vdv set up him mannged to only score in 2 games 2 season ago.
    last season he was averge and this season hes doing okay.

    but if he has hes 4th second half of the season drough we are in trouble.

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: defoe

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Jan 15 2013, 07:34

    Loughtonlegend wrote:yet defoe who had modric lennon bale vdv set up him mannged to only score in 2 games 2 season ago.
    last season he was averge and this season hes doing okay.

    but if he has hes 4th second half of the season drough we are in trouble.

    Maybe getting a run of games will see him get more goals,just get behind him like you do someone that don't even play for us.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Tue Jan 15 2013, 08:04

    i am behind him. he deserves to start ahead of ade.
    but dont you think we need to upgrade.

    i hope we buy a striker

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: defoe

    Post by djfitzo on Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:27

    Loughtonlegend wrote:i am behind him. he deserves to start ahead of ade.
    but dont you think we need to upgrade.

    i hope we buy a striker

    Of course, but not in January, what we have over Cheatski and Arsenal is that we now have a good defence, with good back up and if you don't concede , you win matches.



    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:38

    true our defence is good and thats without kaboul.

    anway a point away to qpr is still better then last season and i rekon qpr will pick up points aganst some of our rivals.
    i heard vidic and young left manchester on crutches on sunday. plus they have a game wednsday..

    lets hope for a few more knocks lol
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: defoe

    Post by vis on Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:57

    Trabbant
    2009– Queens Park Rangers 137 games (33 goals)


    Defoe
    2009– Tottenham Hotspur 111 games (46 goals)



    More goals in less games therefore the better player by a long, long way . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:42

    lol vis your making yourself look silly now.
    defoe is 30. hes been in the prem all hes life. plays up front.
    adel second season in the prem and is 23.
    defoe goals aganst the scum 1 in about 100 games.
    adel 1 goal in 2 games aganst them.

    why dont you do a tarrabt vs dembele
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: defoe

    Post by vis on Wed Jan 16 2013, 04:28

    Silly Lought ? Not really. You start the thread up by slagging a Spurs player, namely Defoe, off. Then big up Trabbant and say he is better but cannot be compared to Defoe yet I compare him and prove he is a better goal scorer and you call me silly? Righto. And why would I want to compare Dembele to Trabbant when this is about Defoe? Silly indeed . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 16 2013, 04:41

    so on that logic tarrabt is better then
    freund zokoro parker dembele modric because hes got more goals then them
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: defoe

    Post by vis on Wed Jan 16 2013, 06:00

    And thats Lought logic for you. According to you Trabbant is the best ever ex-Spurs player even though he has achieved nothing in his career yet! I would rather Defoe in a Spurs shirt then Trabbant . . . . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 16 2013, 08:49

    yes hes 23 won player of the season. top scorer.
    defoe won nothing
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: defoe

    Post by vis on Wed Jan 16 2013, 09:18

    Won player of the season for Q-P-fekin-R Lought. A team that narrowly avoided relegation! That's some achievement for a, according to you & Tony Gale, world class player eh? Lought Logic strikes again. He's at Q-P-fekin-R and wins a trinket and that makes him better then Defoe . . . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 16 2013, 09:54

    why does it matter what club he plays for.
    defoe has better players around him. he gets chances put on a plate for him and still cant score in big games.

    its a well know fact that in the really big games when you need a goal. defoe is nowhere.

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: defoe

    Post by djfitzo on Wed Jan 16 2013, 20:12

    Loughtonlegend wrote:why does it matter what club he plays for.
    defoe has better players around him. he gets chances put on a plate for him and still cant score in big games.

    its a well know fact that in the really big games when you need a goal. defoe is nowhere.

    So rell me about all of the chances that were put on a plate for him against QPR? or any other team that park the bus, fact is he came closest to scoring for us.
    Lets face it, he could could 30 goals this season and you will put a post up saying his goals were all tap ins.
    Yet Taraabt can do no wrong, young player blah blah blah player of the year blah blah blah, not difficult to get player of the year in a sh*t team is it.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 17 2013, 01:53

    2009 season he had so many chances and still only scored 2 goals from jan to may and one was a pen.
    remember the man c away when he had so many chances and then portsmouth in the fa cup.

    defoe wont score 30 goals and you know it.
    defoe is not a proper striker hes better scoring goals of hes own and not when they are set up for him.
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: defoe

    Post by vis on Thu Jan 17 2013, 06:10

    Loughtonlegend wrote:why does it matter what club he plays for.
    defoe has better players around him. he gets chances put on a plate for him and still cant score in big games.

    its a well know fact that in the really big games when you need a goal. defoe is nowhere.


    Big fish in a little pond syndrome. Yup the shiny bauble that is Q-P-fekin-R player of the season certainly alerted all the big clubs to him didn't it? And yet ! ! !
    With what we have at Spurs Lought Defoe would always be my number one choice. I recall a while back when you picked me up on praising Defoe ahead of Adabadback. Oh his hold up play is better you said, he will score more goals you said and it is Defoe leading the way so far. So rather then slating Defoe Lought try showing the guy a touch of appreciation as a Spurs player doing his best for the team . . . ..


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: defoe

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 17 2013, 09:09

    we all know defoe would run to the scum if they put a bid in for him. hes always left us instead of fighting for a place.

    defoe shouldnt be our number one.
    would he get in man u team or man c or chelsea.

    hes 30 and hes been averge.
    has he ever had a peak.
    robbie keane did he was awesome for a few seasons.
    so did sheringham if we got a better player who brought players into the game instead of defoe shoot on sight we would have more points.

    when defoe was scoring earlyer in the season we was playing poor. now we are playing well he cant score.......

    Re: defoe

    Post by totalytot on Fri Jan 18 2013, 07:01

    Defoe was pushed out to portsmouth he said he didn't want to leave but felt he was not wanted. So that's bollox that he would go to Arsenal if they wanted him it's just that bollox.
    He loves Spurs but hasn't always been given a run. Earlier in the season he was scoring because he was picked every week. All thats happening at the moment is he's going through a poor scoring patch but they all do. Rooney has this season so has Suarez,Welbeck and especially Tevez.

    JD will score more goals this season but that doesn't alter the fact that we need another striker NOW!!

    Not in the summer as someone suggested because in my opinion it will be to late.
    I bet Chelski buy a top striker before the month is out cos' they know they need one badly to stay in the top three. If we don't I can see Arsnic passing us again at the end for 4th.

    Trouble is Mr Levy has shown he will not spend more than 8 to 10 mil for a player.

    Mikey M
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: defoe

    Post by vis on Fri Jan 18 2013, 07:07

    Loughtonlegend wrote:we all know defoe would run to the scum if they put a bid in for him. hes always left us instead of fighting for a place.

    defoe shouldnt be our number one.
    would he get in man u team or man c or chelsea.

    hes 30 and hes been averge.
    has he ever had a peak.
    robbie keane did he was awesome for a few seasons.
    so did sheringham if we got a better player who brought players into the game instead of defoe shoot on sight we would have more points.

    when defoe was scoring earlyer in the season we was playing poor. now we are playing well he cant score.......

    What an odd statement to make Lought about Defoe running away.
    He maybe less then an able number 1 but at present he is the best we have. Better & more willing then Adabadback. He's not at Chelski or United, never has been so that is nonsense Lought logic at work. As is when we play poor he scores when we play well he doesn't? Therefore at least he kept us in games then and now others are sharing the burden of getting goals.
    But no slag him off, and plenty of other Spurs players as well, just to try and get over your point that Spurs (& Redknapp) sold a player you think is going to be the next Messi! I've seen some extremes gone to in order to win an argument but to sacrifice the club you support on the alter of winning that argument strikes me as more then a touch silly . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Sponsored content

    Re: defoe

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22 2017, 08:04