The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Holtby to sign for Everton. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Holtby to sign for Everton. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Holtby to sign for Everton.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Holtby to sign for Everton. Empty Holtby to sign for Everton.

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 14 2013, 07:36

This has to be bollox lol.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/13/everton-could-steal-lewis-holtby-from-under-tottenhams-noses/
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Holtby to sign for Everton. Empty Re: Holtby to sign for Everton.

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 14 2013, 07:41

HOLTBY TARGETS TITLE CHALLENGE
    Last Updated: Sunday 13 January 13:30:00

Lewis Holtby is confident that Tottenham Hotspur will be able to challenge for the Premier League title and is excited by his move to White Hart Lane.

The Germany international agreed to join Spurs earlier this month and he will head to London in the summer on a free transfer when his Schalke contract expires.

The midfielder has 'big aims' for the next stage of his career and believes Andre Villas-Boas side have the potential to be in the mix to be champions.

"Tottenham have got some big aims that I want to help them achieve," Holtby told the Sunday Mirror.

"The club has really progressed and they are establishing themselves as a top-four team.

"In the future, and if the players stick around, then of course Tottenham can challenge for the title. I'm not predicting it will definitely happen, but it is certainly something we can aim for. I have big goals and I want to win trophies with Tottenham.

"Tottenham is the whole package, I am convinced of that after speaking to the manager Andre Villas-Boas and chairman Daniel Levy.

"The club, the team and the infrastructure are all superb. It's a quality set-up. That's where Tottenham should be, up the top and I'm so excited that I will be a part of it.

"If you are asking me who the exciting Spurs players are, then I would have to name the whole team because it's full of stars. To play with and compete with these guys will improve my game, for sure."

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 07:59

he might be better off going to everton at least they will play him now.

we wil prob just loan him back out.

i want players who are ready for the first team now
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 15 2013, 02:38

Loughtonlegend wrote:he might be better off going to everton at least they will play him now.

Sometimes Lought you have to take a chance, Bale/Lennon we didnt pay fortunes for, Holtby is already playing in the top division with Shalke and he has played in the Champs League, dont be so negative, we need a playmaker, so how would it be better off Everton get him and if you think Everton will play him now, you agree with their policies, why not support them?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15 2013, 03:42

i agree with buying him and playing him in our team.
    all this loan players out dont always work.
    a player will learn more in our team when he comes on when a game is won then playing in the lower leagues.

playing in the championship you dont learn much. its differnt type of league. kick and run type.
    thats why so many of our kids have gone on loan then dissapeeard.

if hes good enough he should be in or around the team now
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:55

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:he might be better off going to everton at least they will play him now.

Sometimes Lought you have to take a chance, Bale/Lennon we didnt pay fortunes for, Holtby is already playing in the top division with Shalke and he has played in the Champs League, dont be so negative, we need a playmaker, so how would it be better off Everton get him and if you think Everton will play him now, you agree with their policies, why not support them?

Not really DJ , I think we have enough midfielder already , told you we should have gone for Suarez that time, crikey what signing he proved to be, currently joint top scorer in the prem, we could have done with him , liverpool took the risk , and hes gone on to prove he is undoubtedly and very good striker "player" , only wish we got , him defoe , jumpers for goal post.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 15 2013, 19:28

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Not really DJ , I think we have enough midfielder already , told you we should have gone for Suarez that time, crikey what signing he proved to be, currently joint top scorer in the prem, we could have done with him , liverpool took the risk , and hes gone on to prove he is undoubtedly and very good striker "player" , only wish we got , him defoe , jumpers for goal post.

Horses for courses, Lobo. When Dembele was injured our record got worse as we didn't have adequate cover for that position, we now have Parker for Sandro in the holding midfielder role, but no real cover for Dembele, Holtby is a similar player.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 15 2013, 23:14

I am glad we got him. Holtby is reckoned to be one of the brightest young players in Europe. You can't pass up on players like that. no matter how many other mid-fielders we have. Let's face it, would we have passed up on Hoddle or Gazza?
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Jan 28 2013, 23:26

Now seems that Spurs are going to fork up £1.5M to sign him NOW rather than wait till the summer. If he is the playmaker we need that has to be good news.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jan 29 2013, 01:07

Is he a playmaker, I thought he was more of a defensive midfielder In the Parker mould?

I might be wrong.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:04

seebee1944 wrote:

Now seems that Spurs are going to fork up £1.5M to sign him NOW rather than wait till the summer. If he is the playmaker we need that has to be good news.

Deal is done, on the official Spurs web site, wonder if he will play against Brom, guess Norwich will be too soon.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:06

I understand he is a playmaker.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:09

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lewis-holtby-scouting-report-why-holtby-1524533
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:12

BazSpur wrote:I understand he is a playmaker.

Baz, this from the Telegraph when we announced we got him on pre-contract.

An attacking midfielder, he can play centrally as he has for Schalke or in wide positions, as he proved in a spell at Mainz.

Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas hopes he will provide a creative option in the centre of midfield, where much responsibility rests currently on Moussa Dembélé, as well as easing the pressure on the back-up players Scott Parker and Tom Huddlestone.

So attacking/playmaker schooled in Germany where at the moment the best youth coaching is.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:14

Cheers for that Dave. Have a Rep.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:36

Scores goals as well 11 in 75 appearances for Schalke
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:37

BazSpur wrote:Cheers for that Dave. Have a Rep.

Thank you kind sir

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 17:15