The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
lennon EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
lennon EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
lennon EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
lennon EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
lennon EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
lennon EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
lennon EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
lennon EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
lennon EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

lennon Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
djfitzo
vis
6 posters

lennon

lennon Empty lennon

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:19

bale playing so well just goes to show how lennon has not really progressed.
    hes been with us 8 years now.
    even walctot has progressed.

did anyone see lennon come on for england midweek.

he look lost
    vis
    vis

lennon Empty Re: lennon

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:20

Yawn
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:31

Loughtonlegend wrote:bale playing so well just goes to show how lennon has not really progressed.
    hes been with us 8 years now.
    even walctot has progressed.

did anyone see lennon come on for england midweek.

he look lost

That's because no one passed to him, Walcott kept giving the ball away, closet Gooner?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:45

ye i noticed that nobody for england passes to him.
    it was the same in the world cup.

i heard theo say that he stays behind after training for extra practice. i wonder if lennon does the same.

he worked really hard for the team yesterday but time and time again he goes past a player then dont know what to do next.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:Lennon 7 - worked tirelessly and won the battle of fitness on his flank

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/inconsistent

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:57

at what point did i say he had a crap game yesterday.

just trying to get a debate going on here.

i used to think lennon was better then theo but now im not so sure.
    why dont you give your opinion vis
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 06:00

Your idea of a debate Lought seems to be hating Spurs and the players. It's a crying shame you don't show the support and passion for Spurs that you do for other teams & their players . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 06:01

did you not see the avb passion video i posted on friday.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 07:12

No Lought i probably didn't bother looking because just lately every post from you seems to be negative. You start this thread off in criticism of Lennon. In it you big up,to use your name theo the arsenil player and praise him above a Spurs player with out any coherent reason as to that support. Lennon is on top of his game at present and this season his defensive work is much better as well but for you it's just a sake of let's slag another player off. Just recently it has been Walker, Bale, Dembele, Lennon, Defoe, and many others. Instead of praising Spurs you praise relegation fodder like QPR so please excuse me if the odd rare post you put up saying something positive slips past my radar. As I said it's a shame you don't show Spurs the passion & commitment you show for other teams & their players. There are many good & vibrant things going on at at Spurs at present yet all you seem interested in is a ner ner ner ner ner attitude to try and prove a point. Your posts are knee jerk and even hypocritical in a short space of time as you seem to change your attitude & opinions more quickly than Kerry Katona changes her boyfriends. For me you have lost all credibility with this attitude. There we go that's my opinion . . . ..

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 07:21

lol well i feel im right about most things

brad. averge now dropped.
    defoe averge and is almost finnised. never scored 20 goals in prem.
    if you think lennon at top of hes game then thats it. he cant get no better because bale is a miles apart from lennon and lennon been here longer.

parker. another guy im right about. only in team because sandro out.

meanwhile carrick about to win another prem title.

now he is miles better then parker..

oh i was right about harry and it took some on here so long to see the light.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 07:28

its funny how i posted the same question on vital forum and i get back sensible replys about lennon.

heres a few replys

Said this last year, and got slated..........but will say it again. ( and probably get slated again, lol)

He's average at best, gets into good positions but doesn't deliver the final ball, never has and never will. He will never amount into anything special but at the minute he is the best we have so is a regular.

Needs some competition though desperately.
    ya can't knock his effort and workrate but his quality still ain' there imo. this has been his 1st good season in about 3 but it still ain't great. (barring the man utd game where in fairness he was amazing) imo his position needs looking at in the summer. there is better out their that will alot more than lennon does

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35399&posts=16#ixzz2KJL1b2cX
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:32

Vital Spurs is a shocking website full of fickle fans that can't wait to slag Spurs players, just because they agree with you doesn't make it right, opinions are one thing, but blatant knee jerk comments are not.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 09:02

because they dont share same as you makes them fickle.
    surley forums are about differnt opinions.
    it would get so boring if we all agreed on everything
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 18:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:because they dont share same as you makes them fickle.
    surley forums are about differnt opinions.
    it would get so boring if we all agreed on everything

That's a two way street,ain't it Lought,I would suggest there are more fans that are happy with Spurs around the world than a site made up of cry baby morons

So far this season, you have whinged about

Friedel
    Walker
    Naughton
    Dawson
    Parker
    Dembele
    Lennon
    Defoe
    Bale

You have your favourites, mainly players from other teams that are currently below us in the league, If you don't trust the management of the club, why do you say you support Spurs, because from what I'm seeing you don't do much supporting, the fans that were there on Saturday seemed very happy that we beat a team that last week turned over a team above us and all I heard was encouragement,even standing in the queue waiting for the train there was positive vibes.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 01:57

im totally behind avb. hes doing a wonderfull job and will do better when hes got rid of the dead wood.

so back to the debate do u think lennon has progressed a lot since hes been here 8 years

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:04

i'm a huge fan of Lennon, avb will make him better. I remember when avb first became manager, he made Lennon captain and he started to perform better, felt more wanted. Lennon sometimes has a confidence issue, people maybe expecting too much from him. He has so much talent, should score more goals, should take people on more often, and he does try. Just needs a confidence boost. Already this season, since avb came to WHL, i have seen an improvement in Lennon, he is trying harder, sometimes too hard which may go against him at times, but he is a major part of the Spurs squad and should always been in the starting XI. He hasnt hit his peak yet, but he will, i'm sure of that.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:18

we missed the boat with wllian lennon ok but not improved final ball is not good enough .we want 4th or better yet we scared to offload plyers we had for yrs and resign them to new contracts. if we miss out on 4th again im resigned to thinking we never get 4th regular as thats worst arsenal team they ever had and sit only 4 pts back.

even when i look at utd team there nothing special esp the midfield there forwards have stepped up thats all.

avbs subs have for me been strange this year.

no i dont think lennon as improved but gets 3yr contract puzzling.

walcott is beter than arron now and that i thought i never say as once lennon was my favourite player. Sad

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:18

yep avb is working hard with lennon and the whole team.
    aganst newcastle near the end of the game lennon ended up in the left back postion tracking back.

one thing he does do is work really hard for the team.

i belive in avb. hes letting spurs players allowed to roam a bit. none of this run around a lot are hug the right touchline and wait for the ball to come to u.

thanks for the sensible reply djsr.
    its been dead on here for the past few weeks and all i try do is start a debate going

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:19

an honest reply thanks rocket

now im going to get the popcorn and await
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:29

Its all about opinions, but didnt see loverocket call Lennon braindead like you called Walker recently, just gave an honest appraisal, but thats the sort response you get when you spend too much time on Vital Spurs!! Talking about final balls, I watched Valencia for United and Joe Cole for Wet Spam and maybe because of doubling up there is hardly any wing play this days, so the final ball out wide is a dying art, but Lennon is adapting and has set up goals for players by coming inside (just like Walcott) but has a better work ethic than Walcott and I too think we will start seing a more productive Azza, cos lets face who out than on the right wing would you buy? When Walcott players against better players he looks lost out wide or inside, against Brazil he was shocking. Btw, talking of wing play, did you see the one two between Holtby and Bale which resulted in a fantastic ball that Dempsey just failed to connect with, but that was a one two, loverocket, hardly any wingers take players on the outside these days, overlapping fullbacks or balls inside the opposition are the prefered method these days.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:33

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:we missed the boat with wllian lennon ok but not improved final ball is not good enough .we want 4th or better yet we scared to offload plyers we had for yrs and resign them to new contracts. if we miss out on 4th again im resigned to thinking we never get 4th regular as thats worst arsenal team they ever had and sit only 4 pts back.

even when i look at utd team there nothing special esp the midfield there forwards have stepped up thats all.

avbs subs have for me been strange this year.

no i dont think lennon as improved but gets 3yr contract puzzling.

walcott is beter than arron now and that i thought i never say as once lennon was my favourite player. Sad
    #

Missed the boat with Willan, 35 million euros, not worth it

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:53

Personally I think Lennon has had a good season and has contributed a lot to the team so far. Yes he has his quiet moments but he can still leave defenders for dead and is an excitring player to watch.

I think he is still to hit his peak and is maturing nicely and should be in the starting line up everytime.

He does sometimes pick the wrong option with his passing but that said it hss improved a lot in the last year and that's why he got back in the England squad.

I think he has been great this season coming back and helping out the defence, especially on Saturday against Newcastle.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 03:11

This is the top ten, as of this weekend, for assists in the league so far this season...

Steven Gerrard Liverpool 9
    Lukas Podolski ars*nal 9
    Juan Mata Chelsea 9

Theo Walcott ars*nal 8

Damien Duff Fulham 7
    Robin Van Persie Manchester United 7
    Wayne Rooney Manchester United 7
    Carlos Tevez Manchester City 7
    Eden Hazard Chelsea 7

Aaron Lennon Tottenham Hotspur 6
    Santi Cazorla ars*nal 6
    Bryan Ruiz Fulham 6

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Feb 12 2013, 03:19

Good stats from Lennon there, cheers Lought keep em coming.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Feb 12 2013, 03:23

we messed about with willian mayb agent thing or something but willian was valued at 18m when we were interested before his c.league campaign only then did is price rise. just thought if we tried hard enough we should got someone challenging lennon for is place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 12:27