The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Defoe Return? Ade an Alternative?

vis

Defoe Return? Ade an Alternative?

Post by vis on Thu Feb 21 2013, 01:42

Does anyone know how much longer until Jermainman returns? We will need him back and in scoring form if we want to maintain 4th or better. It's all well & good saying we have Adanicelonglayin but what he has he done this season? Nothing as yet. And I find it hard to see that changing. He brings so little to the team that we may as well play Dempsey as an out & out striker rather than this cavalier footballer who seems not to care a bit, apart from getting his wage cheque, and stick more support in midfield. So get back soon Defoe and make sure you bring your scoring boots with you . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Re: Defoe Return? Ade an Alternative?

Post by Boltjean on Thu Feb 21 2013, 02:14

I have read vis that he is out of the Lyon game tomorrow. As for Ade, I have to agree, he does not impress me at all. He does as you say show little passion playing for Spurs, but other than Bale, I just do not know where the goals are going to come from, and this does worry me should Bale get injured. You say play Dempsey as an out and out striker but what as he done for us this season. I keep thinking about days gone by, players like Chivers and Archibald, yes the game has changed but they did put themselves about and scored so many goals, and I think Ade should be doing the same. I honestly believe now that we dropped a clanger getting rid of Pav, I could imagine him playing in the game against Lyon. He scored goals, showed far more passion playing for Spurs, and was a far more talented player than Ade, and yes Dempsey. I think we miss him, but this is just my oppinion, we got rid of him before we had a top quality replacement.
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Feb 21 2013, 02:42

Len I mention Dempsey as a striker as I would rather him there then Adalovelylayonabeach. Dempsey has flattered to deceive but has looked interested and as though he cares which is more than can be said for Adaawol. As for Pav there was much more to that then we saw as fans. At times Pav looked disinterested and you have to wonder at a clash of personalities with the master of man-management Redknapp? We are also missing VdV's goals and input this season. We need to see the goals coming from across the whole team for the rest of the campaign . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 23 2013, 07:40

if you look at the second half of the season we got champions league we had no superstars then.
    lennon got injured crouch was mostly used from the bench and defoe stopped scoring

but bale was just starting to come good. we had bentley on the right and kaboul right back. pav defoe up front for home games. pav scored a lot of goals when he finnally got a run in the team from january onwards.

i wish pav was still here because even thought at times he was lazy he new where the goal was and scored headers and was okay at linking up play.
    plus he used to look so happy when he scored

Post by totalytot on Sun Feb 24 2013, 10:40

Pav hasn't lasted very long at his club you never hear of him nowdays.

I agree about Adegoaway, he is rubbish and was awful against Lyon. He never seemed to put any effort when he was put through, he lost the ball so many times. People say he holds the ball up well but he doesn't do anything with it except knock it to far forward. He doesn't seem to have a football brain.

We certainly need a fit and at his best Defoe back soon that's for sure or we could miss out again.

West Ham on Monday is a must win as the a*se are now just a point behind and I don't think I could face another season with them coming from behind and pipping us again.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27 2017, 15:44