The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Legends Vote

Poll

Spurs Legends XI Goalkeeper

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    100% [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    vis

Legends Vote

Post by vis on Thu Feb 21 2013, 02:02

Well it's all quiet on the board at present so I though I would try to use this section to get a Spurs Legends XI together and maybe get us all posting a bit more regularly again.
    Please vote for your all time top Spurs 'keeper and if you have time give a reason why.
    Why not also give a couple of reasons as to why you think some of my choices should not have made the voting list!
    If you have a choice who isn't represented vote A.N. Other and name your man and the reasons why.
    C'mon Billy Nick posters let's start getting busy again and ready for the end of season run-in .

COYS . . . . . ..

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Re: Legends Vote

Post by Boltjean on Thu Feb 21 2013, 02:34

My God vis, this is hard. I saw the first 6 on your list play, did not see Thorstvedt, or Robinson and Lloris, only on TV. A bit early to make a judgement on Lloris,but from what I have seen of him on TV he looks class, and if we hang on to him, he could become a goal keeping legend at Spurs. Ditchburn was a very good keeper, Brown, well what can I say, before Bill brought him to the club, I think it was Barry Daines at the time who was the keeper, was leaking goals, or was it Ron Reynolds. As soon as Bill Brown arrived, that all changed, a great keeper who played such a big part in our double success. But, he did have a first class defence in front of him. In my oppinion, it has to be Pat Jennings. The defence in front of him was very good, but there were so many games that Pat more or less won games on his own with some outstanding peformances. I will never forget a game against Newcastle when he made a save from a striker that was going towards him like a rocket and the crowd applauded for what seemed like 5 minutes. The greatest of them all.
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Feb 21 2013, 02:51

I have to go for Big Pat. Possibly the best 'keeper I have ever seen anywhere. He was just an outstanding, amazing influence. And a hero of mine as a youngster.
    Ditchburn & Brown I am too young to have seen (ha ha) but from what I am told they both just had to make the list. Clemence always impressed me and Tony Parks has to be on the list for '84 alone. Erik the Viking and Robbo were, in my humble opinion, almost cult favourites and deserve a mention for that and Lloris looks like he has the makings of being a great but it is too early as yet to tell . . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by seebee1944 on Thu Feb 21 2013, 03:15

As Len says very difficult. Ditchburn and Brown played in a very different game, in that players were allowed to charge the keeper and Ditchburn was very adept at getting in first. Clemence was good but was prone to silly mistakes, remember Barcelona. The viking, Robinson great favorites with the crowd and Parks if only for that penalty save. Overall though I have to go with Jennings just a brilliant keeper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19 2017, 23:49