The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Inter Milan Match Thread

vis
    vis

Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Inter Milan Match Thread

Post by vis Thu Mar 14 2013, 08:40

Zeros to heroes

Tottenham have not conceded in their last four games against Italian sides - three 0-0 draws followed by the 3-0 win against Inter.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 14 2013, 08:43

Inter Milan-Tottenham: Italian side's boss vows to win second leg

Inter Milan-Tottenham: Italian side's boss vows to win second leg

Inter Milan coach Andrea Stramaccioni says he does not fear the sack as his side again prepare to face Tottenham in the last-16 of the Europa League.

Spurs have a 3-0 advantage from last week's first leg at White Hart Lane.

"Football is strange. 3-0 is difficult to overturn, but we'll be taking to the field to win," Stramaccioni said.

"We want to do well in front of our fans and win the game, and then as far as qualifying for the next round is concerned, we'll have to see."

Inter are fifth in Serie A table after a 1-0 home defeat by Bologna and Stramaccioni admitted: "There's no point denying it - we're not playing well at present and it's up to me, as the coach, to find the way to give my players more security, which they don't have."

"I cannot say that I have not always felt 101% support from the president [Massimo Moratti], but at the end of the day, he is the president and he can make any decision he wants. But I don't get the feeling he wants to get rid of me.

"In fact, I can say that the encouragement and support he gives us in difficult times like this is even greater than when things are normal."

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14 2013, 09:36

i would not risk lennon. but play a strong team to get the job done.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15 2013, 04:25

Friedel
    05 Vertonghen
    13 Gallas
    16 Naughton
    28 Walker
    08 Parker
    22 Sigurdsson
    29 Livermore
    10 Adebayor
    18 Defoe
    19 Dembele

Substitutes

25 Lloris
    32 Assou-Ekotto
    33 Caulker
    06 Huddlestone
    07 Lennon
    14 Holtby
    46 Carroll
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 15 2013, 05:50

What one earth are we doing? That's the worst we have played all season, AVB sort them out at half time or we are going out of this competition.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15 2013, 05:56

why timewaste. parker been utter crap

walker at fault for the goal...

we having a lot of the ball but dont want to try and score.

ade you dont try a chip when your n ot on form
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 15 2013, 06:51

why is Gallas even in the team

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 15 2013, 07:39

What expensive this cup? Gallas single handed trying to lose us the game. Knackered players for Sunday, jeez.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15 2013, 07:50

made hard work of it.

i have to say as much as i love avb he got it wrong tonight.

why play 2 up front and change the way we played so well.

why take jake off who was playing well.

the defence was awfull.

thought ade worked hard. hope that goal gets hes confidence up
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 15 2013, 07:55

Every time Gallas plays alongside Walker, Walker mostly has a bad game, Gallas, too slow, too weak,can't jump,experience only counts if you are any good, just look at Zanetti.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 15 2013, 07:57

WTF was that all about? It ain't often your team play so badly, you lose 4-1 yet still punch the air in delight at the final whistle.
    Proper peed off at this game. I had it in my head it was an 8pm K.O (must be me age!)So finished work got the supermarket shop out the way. Got home had a long, leisurely hot bath with a cold beer and a good book. Mrs Vis has shouted that dinner is done in plenty of time for the K.O so I switch telly on in time to catch the 2nd half starting! What? Then I witness, possibly, the worst Spurs performance of the last couple of years. I was glad Adabadback scored as I thought it might stop him passing to Inter or giving away free kicks. Wrong it would seem but I hope it kick starts him for the remainder of the season. Parker kept falling over. Gallas made a major howler. Holtby was poor when he came on. Oh so many individual bad performances. Hey ho a blip, and if this don't get the belief going then nothing will. Skin of the teeth and so typically Tottenham. Tricky trip to Russia next and the game against Foolham will be a slog. Yet our season continues onwards & upwards. Time to chill with some cricket after that nerve wrangler me thinks. COYS . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 15 2013, 07:59

And that has to be the worst refereeing performance of all time, booking Walker for diving when he was clearly caught, Inter players crashing into us all night and nothing.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:01

vis wrote:WTF was that all about? It ain't often your team play so badly, you lose 4-1 yet still punch the air in delight at the final whistle.
    Proper peed off at this game. I had it in my head it was an 8pm K.O (must be me age!)So finished work got the supermarket shop out the way. Got home had a long, leisurely hot bath with a cold beer and a good book. Mrs Vis has shouted that dinner is done in plenty of time for the K.O so I switch telly on in time to catch the 2nd half starting! What? Then I witness, possibly, the worst Spurs performance of the last couple of years. I was glad Adabadback scored as I thought it might stop him passing to Inter or giving away free kicks. Wrong it would seem but I hope it kick starts him for the remainder of the season. Parker kept falling over. Gallas made a major howler. Holtby was poor when he came on. Oh so many individual bad performances. Hey ho a blip, and if this don't get the belief going then nothing will. Skin of the teeth and so typically Tottenham. Tricky trip to Russia next and the game against Foolham will be a slog. Yet our season continues onwards & upwards. Time to chill with some cricket after that nerve wrangler me thinks. COYS . . . . .

Your lucky you missed the first half Vis

vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:02

Forgot to mention I also missed me predictions. For the record I was going 2-2 lol,Defoe & Dembele goal scorers, Dembele MOM and in the bonus game 2nd goal 45-50. Ho hum serves me right . . . .

stupid
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:05

Was it as bad as the 2nd half Dave. Cos that was bad . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:15

Emmanuel Adebayor's extra-time goal earned Tottenham a place in the Europa League quarter-finals after they held on to knock out a resurgent Inter.

The Italian side overturned a three-goal deficit from the first leg as Antonio Cassano headed in before Rodrigo Palacio's finish and a William Gallas own goal drew the tie level.

But after 96 minutes, Adebayor stabbed in following Mousa Dembele's shot.

Although Ricardo Alvarez made it 4-4 on aggregate, Spurs' away goal was vital.

Inter pressed for a winner and they will perhaps feel they deserved more after completing a superb comeback to move to the brink of qualification.

But Adebayor, who scored his third goal of the season, made the telling contribution after a poor night, although it was Dembele who was the architect.

The Belgium midfielder was Tottenham's saviour in the last round as his injury-time shot earned Spurs an aggregate victory over Lyon, and here he broke forward to smack a shot that Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic could only parry.

Inter were inches from winning the tie, as Esteban Cambiasso dragged a shot wide with extra-time looming, but somehow Spurs hung on in a game where the importance of the suspended Gareth Bale was underlined.

The result was Tottenham's first defeat in the Europa League this season, but they became the first English team to reach a European quarter-final this season.

Yet for periods during the game Spurs were outnumbered in midfield and in the first half they paid for committing men forward as gaps opened up behind a reshuffled defence.

Gylfi Sigurdsson filled in for Bale on the left and provided an early threat for Spurs with some accurate set-pieces but left-back Kyle Naughton was caught out twice before Cassano's goal after long through-balls down the Inter right.

Unfortunately for the hosts, Cassano shot straight at Brad Friedel, and then went down theatrically under pressure from Gallas but he made up for those misdemeanours at the third time of asking on a night where he was at the hub of Inter's best moves.

Again the ball was swept down the right after 20 minutes, and this time the controversial Italian striker connected with Palacio's cross at the back post with a downward header.

Six minutes later Inter should have been further in front when Cassano returned the favour with a pass over the top to Palacio, but the Argentine lobbed a shot onto the bar.

Despite their first-leg advantage, Tottenham named Jermain Defoe and Adebayor in attack, and at times, it contributed to their vulnerability.

They still created enough chances in the first half to register an early away goal, though, with the best of them falling to Adebayor, who chipped over when clean through. The Togan then almost set up Jan Vertonghen soon after the re-start as Tottenham continued their positive approach.

Palacio's goal changed that plan after 52 minutes with Cambiasso feeding him for a cool finish past Friedel. Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas then decided to withdraw Defoe to bolster his midfield in the hope that Spurs could see the game out.

Instead, Javier Zanetti used all his experience to win a free-kick after being pushed by Kyle Walker and when Cassano whipped in his free-kick it was diverted in by the unlucky Gallas.

With the tie now level, Naughton and then Cambiasso almost won it before the extra period. And as the added 30 minutes ensued, Gallas missed a great chance to make amends for his earlier mistake.

Adebayor then finally made his mark on the game, and although Alvarez drew the aggregate scores level, finding another goal proved too much to ask for a shattered Inter.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:17

vis the first half we started okay then they scored.

but parker no lie first half was awfull. gave the ball away nearly every time he got the ball.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:26

Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 72326_157943301031016_1599171915_n
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:26

I can see tomorrows papers now. "Spurs ONE MAN team" No Bale no win.

But it makes you think where we would be if he had been injured in the last couple of months.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:30

Inter Milan Match Thread - Page 2 _66402925_66402923

Lought what I saw of Parker in the 2nd half was him falling over far too easily. He normally stays on his feet & battles but tonight looked very lightweight. I have to say I have seen both Bale & Walker booked for simulation in this tie yet no Inter players? Falling down clutching their faces every time a Spurs player got near them? Lought I'm looking forward, again, to your player ratings. This one is going to be interesting LOL . . . .
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:35

Don't blame it on the sunshine
    Don't blame it on the moonlight
    Don't blame it on the good times
    Blame it on the Ginger Ninja....
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:35

vis wrote:Was it as bad as the 2nd half Dave. Cos that was bad . . . . .
    q

Oh yeah

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:49

brad 6 hes so slow
    walker6 gives away another stupid free kick that led to a goal. got better though.
    galas.3 made a mistake for a goal then scored an own goal. was awfull
    jan 7 done okay
    naughont 5. not a left back.
    dembele7 worked hard
    parker 5. he was so bad first half but didnt stop trying.
    jake 6. thought he should of stayed on instead of parker
    stigg8 didnt stop running and one of few players that wanted to get forward.
    ade7 worked hard. some nice runs and movement should of scored 2
    defoe.4he must of dived about 5 times and gave the ball away. he had a chance to put someone through but shot. not scored since december.

AVB 2 . he played 2 up front and got our players to timewaste from the first 5 mins.

jake and brad got booked in first 20 mins.

he sorted it out for extra time though.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Mar 16 2013, 05:35

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says he expects Uefa to take action against Inter Milan after their supporters appeared to racially abuse his players in the aggregate win at the San Siro.

Emmanuel Adebayor scored a crucial away goal to knock out Inter as Spurs reached the Europa League last eight.

"It was very, very easy to hear the chanting so I am sure that Uefa will act on it," said Villas-Boas.

"It's difficult for Inter because it is something that has happened before."

Tottenham lost the game 4-1 on the night, but Adebayor's goal in extra time meant the tie finished 4-4 on aggregate with Spurs winning on away goals.

Villas-Boas, a former coach at Inter under Jose Mourinho, added: "It doesn't mar the game but it is something that should have been avoided."

Inter have already been fined £43,000 (50,000 euros) by Serie A officials this season after their fans were found guilty of racially abusing former Inter players Mario Balotelli and Sulley Muntari, who now play for AC Milan, in the Milan derby last month.

Uefa has also fined Lazio on two separate occasions this season for their fans' behaviour, including racist chanting, during Europa League group matches against Spurs.

During Inter's win over Tottenham, monkey chants were reported with an inflatable banana also seen in the crowd.

Adebayor's 96th-minute extra-time goal came after Inter had dragged themselves back from a three-goal deficit in the first leg at White Hart Lane.

Antonio Cassano's first-half header was followed up by Rodrigo Palacio's strike and a William Gallas own-goal, but Adebayor's finish meant that Inter needed another two goals to progress, despite pulling one back through Ricardo Alvarez.

The result was Tottenham's first defeat in the Europa League this season, but they join Chelsea and Newcastle in the competition's quarter-finals.

Villas-Boas, who steered Porto to Europa League success in 2011, added: "The players have been magnificent to get us into the quarter finals.

"It's a valuable lesson for us tonight, but we have players who can make a difference in the important moments. We are happy to go through. The players kept fighting in extra time, showing they wanted it and we look forward to the draw."

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 06:18

right im a bit harsh on galas he gave hes all.

walker was at fault for 2 goals. got forward and couldnt get back so galals couldnt mark 2 players. he went to the guy nearest.

now wtf is everyone on ade back for. he done more then defoe recently.

I thought that Ade had a good game last night and apart from scoring the winning goal the stts show that he played 62 passes (3rd behind only Demebele and Parker) and completed 3 successful dribbles only Dembele did more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 08:00