The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
djfitzo
shearspur
Maximus
vis
8 posters

Liverpool Match Thread

djfitzo
    International
    International

Liverpool Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool Match Thread

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 23:58

Loughtonlegend wrote:no dj people only starting to relise at 30 that defoe not that good. yet it was obvious years ago hes averge.

suarez wanted to win and did anything he could for the team.
    our players wanted glory for themselfs and thats why we lost.

as for ekotto he was the only player not to join in the group hug before kick off.

We all get it about Defoe, but my guess is AVB wants a certain striker that will not come without CL footie and Ive often said about Benny, world class one game, sunday league the next.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 01:59

good and i rekon avb can see that aswell. hes greed is starting to rub off on other players.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 12 2013, 02:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:good and i rekon avb can see that aswell. hes greed is starting to rub off on other players.

Sig got caught in two minds, when he tried to pass to Bale against the scum, it got cleared, so he probably thought he would have a go himself,but for a deflection onto the post he would have made it 3-1.
    Lloris has saved more then he has let in, yes he tried to be too clever and should have gone row z. Once the scum get trounced out of Europe, do you think they will fancy a trip to Swansea?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 12 2013, 02:21

I think the Scum will be deflated and Swansea will be the last place they will want to visit.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 02:23

this is a good balanced post from a poster on vital.

but that there are crucial aspects of our present game that need addressing, which were obvious in the 2nd half vs Inter and again today.

taking the shortage of wingers/forwards as a given for the moment... (jeez what a skeleton bench we have)

what alarmed me vs inter was a mentality we've seen all too often down the years - glory-seeking individualism...

several times in the 2nd half players went for goal instead of playing a colleague in/crossing to them.

and exactly the same thing happened at 2-1 up today.

given our limited forward resources, people have to pass to the man available to finish the (often counter-attacking) job.

This is the lesson that needs to be learned.

Think of how sh*tty and chelski play without that degree of ego - and also notice how they keep going at 2-0 etc, whereas we stop and admire ourselves.

For the rest of it I was totally impressed with the midfield (and even defence) in both games. And I though Jake did his job well today.
    What we dont have there, as people have pointed out, is the creative thinking once they've powered forwards. And I havent seen any sign of Holtby having that ability either, though I keep me fingers crossed. Carroll may have it, but it's come a year too soon perhaps.

And yep, Gerrard shudnt have been on the field for the 2nd half...

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 12 2013, 02:40

Loughtonlegend wrote:this is a good balanced post from a poster on vital.

but that there are crucial aspects of our present game that need addressing, which were obvious in the 2nd half vs Inter and again today.

taking the shortage of wingers/forwards as a given for the moment... (jeez what a skeleton bench we have)

what alarmed me vs inter was a mentality we've seen all too often down the years - glory-seeking individualism...

several times in the 2nd half players went for goal instead of playing a colleague in/crossing to them.

and exactly the same thing happened at 2-1 up today.

given our limited forward resources, people have to pass to the man available to finish the (often counter-attacking) job.

This is the lesson that needs to be learned.

Think of how sh*tty and chelski play without that degree of ego - and also notice how they keep going at 2-0 etc, whereas we stop and admire ourselves.

For the rest of it I was totally impressed with the midfield (and even defence) in both games. And I though Jake did his job well today.
    What we dont have there, as people have pointed out, is the creative thinking once they've powered forwards. And I havent seen any sign of Holtby having that ability either, though I keep me fingers crossed. Carroll may have it, but it's come a year too soon perhaps.

And yep, Gerrard shudnt have been on the field for the 2nd half...

Even taking that into account Lought and I know that if we had taken our chances by passing we MAY have been out of sight, but what actually cost us the game was the two silly passes that gave the momentum back to the Pool and led directly to their equaliser and winner.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Mar 12 2013, 04:34

Before the game I thought we would lose possibly 2-0 as they were certainly on the up and have been scoring a lot of goals in the last few weeks. However I thought we outplayed them for most of the game and it was just complacency that lost us the game in the end.
    You can go on blameing certain players all day but it was just one of those games.Players that had a off day today will be alright next time we hope.

We have been getting the points for quite a few weeks now even sometimes when we were not playing that well because the lads were playing as a team and fighting until the end. So you have to expect a result like this now and again.

I'm as sick as everybody but if they had been playing sh*t all season and lost a game we should have won then we can moan and blame players but at the moment the boys are doing us proud.

And Lought for the early part of this season Suarez was crap it's only the last couple of months he has been banging them in but then so has Bale. And I wouldn't change Bale for Suarez. As good as Suarez is he doesn't have the magic that Gareth has. When he goes on a run he gets everebody standing up and he doesn't let us down very often.
    I have a friend that is a season ticket holder at Utd and they said I hope he doesn't go abroad as I find him th only player outside of my own team that I look forward to watching. So dont slag the guy off for not scoring and only laying on two goals.

We missed Lennon big time yesterday so if you want to blame somebody then blame AVB for keeping him and Bale on to long on Thursday when we wewre 3-0 up and the game won which resulted in Lennon getting injured and missing Sundays game.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 12 2013, 06:13

I wouldn't swap Bale for Suarez for one more reason, one of his worse traits is to trying to get under players skins to try to get them sent off, his always pulling players hair, giving them little slaps, he was surrounded by players at the end of the game and let's not forget he's a racist and was overjoyed when he cheated Ghana out of the World Cup, he may be a very good player, but as a person he is a dog.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 06:26

so suarez is a cheat but bale is not. how many times does bale dive.

im my opinion suarez is better then bale.

we need somone nasty in our team to win things
    man u have it. the goons used to have it when they used to win trophys.

we have always been to nice. just look at that pen yesterday. ekotto didnt complaine nobody did so ref gave it because all liverpool players wanted it
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 12 2013, 07:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:so suarez is a cheat but bale is not. how many times does bale dive.

we have always been to nice. just look at that pen yesterday. ekotto didnt complaine nobody did so ref gave it because all liverpool players wanted it

Yes, Suarez is a cheat, his just more sly then most, we the little slaps and hair pulls, his not nasty,his a coward that does things behind the refs backs, like I said, fine player but an absolute dog as a human being and one more thing Bale is Spurs, Suarez is not.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Mar 12 2013, 10:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:so suarez is a cheat but bale is not. how many times does bale dive.

PMSL nothing like sticking up for your club & players is there?
    Ekotto didn't complain? Lought earlier in the thread you stated he always looks like giving a pen away? Maybe that's why he didn't complain?
    Lought you are entitled to your opinion that Sewerez is the better player. Maybe he is and you will find stats to back up your strongly held opinion. I think they are very similar in talent. But Bale plays for us and Sewerez plays for another team . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:26

well the good thing is bale still young and he can pass and set up for other players .

if we had suarez in our team we would be second in the league now
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Mar 12 2013, 21:47

Lought you think Suarez is better than Bale. You think every body is better than our whole team.
    At some time this season you have slagged off every player in our side sometimes on the basis of just one game.

We all have our favourites but you have your hates..... THE WHOLE TEAM!!!

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 12 2013, 22:15

totalytot wrote:
    Lought you think Suarez is better than Bale. You think every body is better than our whole team.
    At some time this season you have slagged off every player in our side sometimes on the basis of just one game.

We all have our favourites but you have your hates..... THE WHOLE TEAM!!!

Mikey M

Loughts posts

Arsenal match thread = walker 8 getting back to bes best

Inter match thread = no ratings tonight because they was all brillant
    (cough cough thats because Inter are sh*t aint they Lought)

Liverpool match thread = walker 2. braindead

One bad pass in 10 games and now his braindead again, jeeezzzz

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:23

never slagged of sandro kaboul
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Mar 13 2013, 00:18

Well it would be difficult seeing as neither are playing at the moment.

Mikey M
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Mar 13 2013, 01:37

lol!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 02:32

just admit you would all love suarez in our team.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 13 2013, 02:45

Loughtonlegend wrote:just admit you would all love suarez in our team.

Ive already stated the reason why i wouldnt Lought.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Mar 13 2013, 03:17

Lought even if we did he's a Liverpool player so end of lol. I have stated elsewhere that with all the baggage he is humping around, especially this season, I'm kinda glad we did miss out on him but I don't deny he does have moments of sublime brilliance. . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 04:06

at least you admit it vis.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 13 2013, 05:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:at least you admit it vis.

We all did Lought, no one has said he is not a good player, I just don't like his snidey underhand pulling of hair, pinching and generally trying to get a fellow professional sent off.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 17 2013, 05:53

I wouldn't want Suarez. It's bad enough with Bale diving but Suarez wouldn't just be diving. He would be using every other underhanded trick in the book. i used to think he would be great for us but not now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 08:02