The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends



Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery


Affiliates

Log in

I forgot my password


    Going to be tight

    Share

    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

    Going to be tight

    Post by Boltjean on Wed Apr 17 2013, 22:27

    Well a good result for us last night, the gooners just two point's ahead having played one more game than us, and the draw has not allowed Everton to gain to much ground on us, I think had either side won, then we could probably have said goodbye to a fourth spot finish, the gooners would have took some catching up as they would have been on a high, Everton breathing down our neck's would have been a great incentive for them during the run in, and I think our heads would have dropped, so as I said a good result. However, it could go to the last game of the season, and we do have to play City, will they risk injuries knowing they can not win the league and loose players in the FA Cup final? and Chelsea, a tougher game for us out of the two. I have read today there are doubts over whether Bale will be fit for the City game, but Lennon could play, it would be a bonus if Bale makes the bench, better than being ruled out altogether. So it's time to take our blood pressure pills and just hope and pray AVB can rally the troops for one hell of a battle to finish above the goons and am I being to hopeful here?, above Chelsea as well.

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by djfitzo on Wed Apr 17 2013, 23:15

    Boltjean wrote:Well a good result for us last night, the gooners just two point's ahead having played one more game than us, and the draw has not allowed Everton to gain to much ground on us, I think had either side won, then we could probably have said goodbye to a fourth spot finish, the gooners would have took some catching up as they would have been on a high, Everton breathing down our neck's would have been a great incentive for them during the run in, and I think our heads would have dropped, so as I said a good result. However, it could go to the last game of the season, and we do have to play City, will they risk injuries knowing they can not win the league and loose players in the FA Cup final? and Chelsea, a tougher game for us out of the two. I have read today there are doubts over whether Bale will be fit for the City game, but Lennon could play, it would be a bonus if Bale makes the bench, better than being ruled out altogether. So it's time to take our blood pressure pills and just hope and pray AVB can rally the troops for one hell of a battle to finish above the goons and am I being to hopeful here?, above Chelsea as well.


    Simple Len, win all our games, Champions League!!


    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by Boltjean on Thu Apr 18 2013, 04:41

    Simple Dave? is anything simple with Spurs?, they seem to make life hard for themselves and thus give us nightmares. Then again should we make the Champions League we will have to bring in some quality players as I do not think for one minute our squad would get very far. Deep down I do not think we are ready to take on the likes of Barcelona, and Real but pray we make it as I do not think I could suffer another season of the Europa League, lets leave that to the gooners. Oh how I wish the season was over, I can't stand much more of this will we wont we finish in the top four. I did not feel like this in the days of the double, I felt so relaxed and happy, now, it's a wonder I do not have a heart attack, even Horlicks does not help me relax anymore
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by vis on Thu Apr 18 2013, 06:31

    Oh the deep joy of the roller-coaster ride that is our beloved Spurs.

    COYS . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by vis on Thu Apr 18 2013, 06:32

    If Fulham can take something off Chelski tonight & Wigwam run Citeh ragged then who knows lol . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by Guest on Thu Apr 18 2013, 09:56

    it would be damm right stupid starting bale and lennon if they are fit. risk them in such a game.

    start parker dembele stigg holtby and bring lennon and bale on later when the game is stretched.

    aslong as we dont lose this game we should do it.

    i rekon we will beat chelsea. avb will want that so much and will beg the players to win. he might even offer to take them all to a lapdance club if they win lol

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by totalytot on Sat Apr 20 2013, 01:38


    If Bale and Lennon are fit Lought we have to start with them.
    It's not much point bringing them on when we are 1 or 2 nil down it will be to late.

    We have to put the strongest team possible out there against city and go at them from the start. It's our only chance there is no point sitting back and hoping for a break, they have to many good players that could kill us off if we sit back.

    We have to unsettle them get them arguing amonst themselves as they sometimes do.

    Mikey M

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by Guest on Sat Apr 20 2013, 05:59

    so we drop holtby and stigerson then
    poor guys who played well recently

    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by philip on Sat Apr 20 2013, 07:39

    I would replace Parker for Caroll I thinkthe boy haspotential

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by djfitzo on Sun Apr 21 2013, 01:13

    philip wrote:I would replace Parker for Caroll I thinkthe boy haspotential

    Parker better tackler. But can't pass for toffee, Carroll keeps the ball well


    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by djfitzo on Sun Apr 21 2013, 02:05

    Steve Sidwell, cock, why do Arsenal always get a helping hand at the sharp end of the season, last season Fulop handed them 3 goals, now Sidwell gets sent off in 12 minutes


    avatar
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by shearspur on Sun Apr 21 2013, 02:32

    luckiest team going.

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by djfitzo on Sun Apr 21 2013, 02:52

    shearspur wrote:luckiest team going.


    Even when they get a man sent off its in the tying seconds


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by Guest on Sun Apr 21 2013, 02:58

    apparntly mertsaker sh*t but another clean sheet.
    thats fulham sunderland swansea andbayer away


    yet our sh*t just let in 20 goals in 4 games we have go on about verts being great yet he cant defend

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by Guest on Sun Apr 21 2013, 03:00

    i would sell parker in the summer.

    he was shown up at the euros

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by djfitzo on Sun Apr 21 2013, 03:00

    Loughtonguy wrote:apparntly mertsaker sh*t but another clean sheet.
    thats fulham sunderland swansea andbayer away


    yet our sh*t just let in 20 goals in 4 games we have go on about verts being great yet he cant defend

    Most of those Lought with Friedel and Gallas


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by Guest on Sun Apr 21 2013, 03:27

    true. but then verts defensifly has been just as dodgy

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by djfitzo on Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:20

    Loughtonguy wrote:true. but then verts defensifly has been just as dodgy

    Different partners, playing left back, pair him with Kaboul for a decent run of games and stick Sandro in front of him and he will be a class act.





    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by philip on Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:38

    Loughtonguy wrote:i would sell parker in the summer.

    he was shown up at the euros

    Yes he was ok coming on seond half when Sandro was playing this is why I think he should stick to breaking up the attacks deep in our half and pass to those who can play like Dembele and Bale or bring in Caroll for Parker at some stage otherwise City will overrun us in meadfield.

    Regarding the Ar**ses yes they are riding their luck, but we have to win our games and make our own luck instead of being sloppy losing to Liverpool when in control and losing to Fulham who are the whipping boys of the premiership now.

    If we concentrate on wining our games we should beat City and Chelsea and the rest of them

    Sponsored content

    Re: Going to be tight

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20 2017, 15:07