The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Chelsea Match Thread EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Chelsea Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Chelsea Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Chelsea Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Chelsea Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Chelsea Match Thread EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Chelsea Match Thread EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Chelsea Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Chelsea Match Thread EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Chelsea Match Thread Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
totalytot
philip
BazSpur
vis
8 posters

Chelsea Match Thread

vis
    vis

Chelsea Match Thread Empty Chelsea Match Thread

Post by vis Mon May 06 2013, 04:07

Chelsea Match Thread 190px-Chelsea_FC.svg Versus Chelsea Match Thread 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At

Chelsea Match Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQr8lwd_vPY7lg3dxCRCA5K8mapJ7XVZR7YUXe09GqJ2gX7iFk

Chelsea Match Thread 128px-Premier_League.svg

Wednesday 08th May 2013
    K.O @ 1945hrs BST
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Chelsea Match Thread Empty Re: Chelsea Match Thread

Post by BazSpur Mon May 06 2013, 06:17

I think this will be very difficult. We have 3 games left and basically it comes down to this. Win the 3 games and we will get CL but it's a very tall order.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 06 2013, 09:37

BazSpur wrote:I think this will be very difficult. We have 3 games left and basically it comes down to this. Win the 3 games and we will get CL but it's a very tall order.

Baz as I have stated on the other thread I know it is a tall order but I am sure the players will do it, they owe to themselves and us. Remember when we had to win at Man City three years ago? AVB should be bold and draft in Carrol and play only one winger to stiffen our midfield otherwise Chelsea will run us over in midfield

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 10:34

theres no way he will bring in carrol now.

carrol should of started instead of dembele yesterday.
    tom did well when he came on in uefa cup game.

drop defoe use him as a sub later .451 hotlby to start.
    would perfer stigerson to dempsey
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Tue May 07 2013, 03:41

Either way we need tostiffen the midfield otherwise Chelsea will eat us for breakfast
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue May 07 2013, 04:04

We would have to play well to beat Chelsea as they seem to have hit form at the right time, where we have not played well for months. We were lucky against Southampton and Wigan and that form is not good enough to beat Chelsea.

AVB seems to be able to gee himself up but not the team.

Having said all that this is Spurs we are talking about and we are just as likely to beat Chelsea and then lose to Sunderland or Stoke.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 07 2013, 19:17

AVB needs to pin this up in the dressing room tomorrow night, f*cking hate this twat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10040316/Arsenal-goalkeeper-Wojciech-Szczesny-claims-Spurs-lack-the-quality-to-qualify-for-the-Champions-League.html

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 07 2013, 19:31

[size=18]He's a right cnut. Wouldn't mind if he was the greatest Goalie in the Prem but he's not. His opinion means f*ck all.
    [
    /size]
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed May 08 2013, 03:26

Part of AVB reply
    "I wouldn't say that an Arsenal fan [player] that has just arrived in that club for the last couple of years is entitled to so much hatred towards Tottenham like he seems to have."

Post by Guest Wed May 08 2013, 05:33

avb should of kept quiet. didnt avb go from chelsea to london.

plus avb said after we beat them that will be bad for them.

3 days later they beat bayern away and have not lost since
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 08 2013, 08:09

Andre Villas-Boas: Chelsea return 'not very special'

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has played down his return to Chelsea on Wednesday night and says he will respect the reception he receives from the home fans.

Villas-Boas, 35, was sacked after nine months as Blues boss in March 2012.

"It is not very, very special. It is a club that I have gone past," he said.

"I have good and bad memories like everybody else but it was a period that did not finish the way I would have liked."

Villas-Boas won 20 of the 40 games he managed Chelsea for, but was dismissed after a run of just three league wins in 12 matches.

He said: "Whatever reception I get it will come from (the fans's) hearts so I respect that, it is absolutely fine."

Roberto Di Matteo replaced Villas-Boas, initially on an interim basis, and guided the west London club to victory in the Champions League.

Villas-Boas, who became Tottenham manager in July last year, says he bears no grudge towards Chelsea over his sacking.

"Situations like we were in dictates for a manager to lose his job," he added.

"It is understandable and has happened at various clubs for the same reasons, with the same effect - which is some success after.

"It is nothing new in football. In moments of maximum difficulties you either believe in what you are doing or don't believe and at that time the club had to make a decision, which in the end proved successful for them."

Villas-Boas returns to Chelsea with both sides looking to pick up three points that would strengthen their bids for a top-four finish in the Premier League.

Tottenham are fifth, three points behind Chelsea, and, with just two games remaining after Wednesday, the outcome of the Stamford Bridge encounter could prove crucial in determining where the respective teams finish this season.

"It is still very, very open because of the remaining fixtures," said Villas-Boas.

"Obviously if Chelsea win they are in (third) which means one less spot available and we wouldn't be depending on ourselves to achieve (a top-four finish).

"Our drive is to set out to win the game and be able to depend on ourselves for the remaining fixtures. We can do that by winning and that is the only way we can approach the game."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 08 2013, 08:11

TEAM NEWS

Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard is fit to play after recovering from the calf injury that caused him to miss the win at Manchester United.

John Obi Mikel and Ryan Bertrand remain out, but Oriol Romeu is in contention following a long-term knee problem.

Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon is expected to play despite being forced off on Saturday with a tight hamstring.

Mousa Dembele was also substituted against Southampton because of a muscle problem, but should also be available.

MATCH PREVIEW

Victory for Chelsea would effectively guarantee the Blues Champions League qualification because of their superior goal difference. It would also give Rafael Benitez the option of resting players in Saturday's game at Aston Villa to keep them fresh for the Europa League final against Benfica the following Wednesday.

But if Spurs can claim their first win at Stamford Bridge since 1990 they will move into a top-four spot, leapfrogging north London rivals Arsenal.

It would also enable Andre Villas-Boas to get one over the club who sacked him 14 months ago, but the Portuguese manager insists his return to Stamford Bridge is "not very special":

"I'm not sure if enough time has passed for me to feel anything, I was just another manager that passed by," said Villas-Boas.

"Obviously I spent three great years there when I was on the staff but when I was given more responsibility I wasn't given enough time."

"It would be excellent if we got the three points [but] at the moment it means absolutely nothing. It's just another opponent in our quest to try to get the nine points that we have to play for."

While Villas-Boas has been trying to avoid discussing the past, Chelsea's interim boss Rafael Benitez has sidestepped questions about his future, and instead urged his team to focus on the task at hand.

"Now we play against Tottenham and we are in the driving seat," the Spaniard said after victory at Manchester United.

"If we can win, we will be there but Tottenham are a good team. Winning is crucial for us, and it's even more important for them so there will be a great atmosphere at Stamford Bridge.

"I don't see more or less pressure for either team, I know we just need to win."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 22 home league meetings with Tottenham (W15, D7), plus three cup matches (W1, D2).
    Spurs' last win at Stamford Bridge was in February 1990, when Gary Lineker and David Howells got the goals in a 2-1 victory.

Chelsea

Chelsea are chasing a seventh successive home Premier League win.
    Juan Mata has scored three times in his last two league and cup games against Tottenham.
    The Blues have won 18 of the 24 Premier League games in which they scored first this season, losing only once (at West Ham).
    Frank Lampard is one short of equalling Bobby Tambling's record of 202 goals for Chelsea.

Tottenham Hotspur

Gareth Bale has scored 13 Premier League goals away from home this season, the joint-highest tally in the division (with Robin van Persie).
    Bale has scored 11 goals in his last 11 top-flight appearances, netting in each of his last four games.
    Tottenham are one of two Premier League teams who have yet to be awarded a penalty this season. The other is Swansea.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 09 2013, 04:26

Chelsea Match Thread _67449926_167936011

That's not fair, lol, Batman plays for Chelski . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu May 09 2013, 06:34

We have got to get Ekotto off, diabolical,

vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 09 2013, 06:39

Our defence looks fragile but something is whispering to me this ain't over just yet . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Thu May 09 2013, 06:44

ekooto , fat hudd off not good enough to wear the jersey get siggy naughton on least try something . Sad
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu May 09 2013, 06:56

vis wrote:Our defence looks fragile but something is whispering to me this ain't over just yet . . . .

Your'e right Vis Chelsea will probably get another couple of goals.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 09 2013, 07:43

Phew. The draw ain't really enough but we're still in the hunt. Needing other results to go our way and boy oh boy this is some roller coaster ride eh? Thudds dead ball delivery was awful tonight. Thought Adabadbigtoe had his best game since last season and his goal was sublime. C'mon Wigan, c'mon Barcodes, COYS . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 09 2013, 07:46

The Ref waits until an hour has gone to award Spurs their 1st free-kick of the game? And books Bale for something other than simulation? Shocker . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Thu May 09 2013, 07:48

and there it is spurs finish 5th Sad
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 09 2013, 07:55

2 more games to go. All we can do is win 'em and hope other results go our way. Did we expect AVB to acheive much more then this? Still in the mix at this stage of the season? Not too shabby and who knows what can happen in the twists & turns of this season? Dream the dream peeps. They cost nothing . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Thu May 09 2013, 08:00

dreams dont get you 4th spot ade must be drug tested after tonight as well . were was he all yr. ekooto sooner he goes the better..... rant over
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu May 09 2013, 08:01

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:and there it is spurs finish 5th Sad

Cheatskis remaining games

Sat. Villa away
    Weds Europa league final
    Sun. Everton at home

Ain't over yet mate

vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 09 2013, 08:06

Dreams won't get Spurs 4th LLR, very true indeed, but I won't stop dreaming of it until is over . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 09 2013, 08:09

Chelsea Match Thread _67489894_dd1eaab2-f386-4ee0-96e8-5c27aa3bc528

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas: "In the second half we really increased the tempo and played really well. It was difficult to control Chelsea's creativity but we had attacking strength and created our own chances

"Now somebody else will have to drop points, but our focus is on us doing our job in the remaining fixtures and in the Premier League anything can happen. Keep the faith.

"Adebayor's goal was unbelievable and he had a great game. he linked up the play brilliantly for us and fully deserved to be man of the match.

"In the last 20 minutes we avoided Chelsea, found a lot more spaces, and had control of the game. It was great for the boys to hold on.

"Anything can happen. The Premier League is completely unpredictable. The next fixtures, before the emotions of the last games of the season, can be decisive."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 01:19