The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
David Villa EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
David Villa EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
David Villa EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
David Villa EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
David Villa EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
David Villa EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
David Villa EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
David Villa EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
David Villa EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

David Villa Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
DJSR
totalytot
seebee1944
7 posters

David Villa

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

David Villa Empty David Villa

Post by seebee1944 Fri May 10 2013, 20:35

Reported to be on the verge of signing for Spurs. But at 31 is he too old to learn Premiership style football
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

David Villa Empty Re: David Villa

Post by totalytot Fri May 10 2013, 22:37

Personally I think his best days are behind him and as you say 31 is to old for the money they want. A free transfer would be worth a punt maybe.

I would much prefer Negredo or Higuin who I hear are both available.

Mikey M
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri May 10 2013, 23:50

Levy doesnt like and wont sign old players, this is media crap once again (Daily Mail)

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 00:11

i wouldnt. theres no way hes legs will last a whole 90mins in the prem.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02 2013, 11:37

im hearing we got david villa. he will sign this week
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jul 02 2013, 20:49

If we do get Villa he's better than we have at the moment but at 31 can only be a stop gap and certainly not one for the future.

I also hear we have made 2 bids for Solvado. I have to be honest the few games I have seen him play he's not looked all that impressive to me. Has anybody got any clips of him playing.

I would still liked us to have gone for Higuian and Negredo especially as they are available and the scum look like getting at least one of them an maybe both.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 02 2013, 20:53

totalytot wrote:
    If we do get Villa he's better than we have at the moment but at 31 can only be a stop gap and certainly not one for the future.

I also hear we have made 2 bids for Solvado. I have to be honest the few games I have seen him play he's not looked all that impressive to me. Has anybody got any clips of him playing.

I would still liked us to have gone for Higuian and Negredo especially as they are available and the scum look like getting at least one of them an maybe both.

Mikey M

Latest is a*se may miss out on both, Wenger still trying to do it on the cheap with a freebie French youngster.

Can see the Villa deal, fires us into Champs League, job done, looking forward to our new look midfield Paulinho , Sandro, Dembele, wont be any teams walking through that.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jul 05 2013, 05:33

I'd be happy with Villa. LOL Ricky Villa that is ! ! ! !
    Could be very much a VdV type of signing in that we get a player with something still to prove and an understanding of the game that brings that little something extra to the whole squad . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Jul 08 2013, 21:08

David Villa has edged a step closer to joining Tottenham after agreeing personal terms with the club prob get him for 7.5m and 75k wages .

not bad short gap signing . lets hope he stays injury free.

Villa had 10 goals and seven assists to his name from 28 La Liga appearances (17 starts) last season.

7.5m villa or 22m higuian  that arsewipes chave signed.

DJ WROTE - Levy doesnt like and wont sign old players, this is media crap once again (Daily Mail)

LEVY DONT BUY THE PLYERS NOW BORINI DOES OR DOES LEVY STILL PULL THE STRINGS Sad . affraid

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/the-implications-of-signing-david-villa-for-tottenham/
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Jul 09 2013, 02:25

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/tottenham-have-missed-out-on-villa-as-the-barcelona-man-joins-atl

what happens when you stall in window..........Sad Sad Sad Sad 
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 09 2013, 02:35

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/tottenham-have-missed-out-on-villa-as-the-barcelona-man-joins-atl

what happens when you stall in window..........Sad Sad Sad Sad 

Don't you just love Spanish papers, Marca has Bale on a plane with his agent and before that charging into Levy's office demanding a move to Real.
    Would'nt believe anything that comes out of Spain and even if it is true, is that much of a loss? 32 in December and only ever used to playing in Spain ,where they stroll around all match.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 04:47

well people shouldnt post this rubbish.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jul 09 2013, 07:27

Well thats another striker gone. Villa, Higuian, Negredo, Jolvtic, Damioa. They were strikers we could afford unlike Hulk and Cavanni.

I would have thought we would have spent the last 12 months looking for strikers. We know Levy likes to play brinkmanship..... which I might add he's very bad at.....but I'm surprised that AVB hasn't pushed through a deal as he must have had players in mind especially as he saw how it cost us 4th this year.

If we start the season without any top class strikers and have to rely on Bale again, then he will be off in the January window or even this one at the last minuit if he sees nobody coming in and who would blame him.  

As I said before all the top sides are getting their buys in now ready for the pre-season matches so they are bedded in ready for the start.

I thought AVB was his own man but maybe not. He might be wishing he had taken the PSG job now.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jul 09 2013, 08:09

Guy's it's the 08th July and the transfer window is open for several weeks yet so let's not get too dispondent!
    Look on the bright side, Darren Bent is available for £5M. Think of the profit we would make on that?
    Still early doors. Let's wait and see what develops . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 09 2013, 08:20

totalytot wrote:Well thats another striker gone. Villa, Higuian, Negredo, Jolvtic, Damioa. They were strikers we could afford unlike Hulk and Cavanni.

I would have thought we would have spent the last 12 months looking for strikers. We know Levy likes to play brinkmanship..... which I might add he's very bad at.....but I'm surprised that AVB hasn't pushed through a deal as he must have had players in mind especially as he saw how it cost us 4th this year.

If we start the season without any top class strikers and have to rely on Bale again, then he will be off in the January window or even this one at the last minuit if he sees nobody coming in and who would blame him.  

As I said before all the top sides are getting their buys in now ready for the pre-season matches so they are bedded in ready for the start.

I thought AVB was his own man but maybe not. He might be wishing he had taken the PSG job now.

Mikey M

Mikey, his seen us bring in the player that was voted 3rd best player in Confederations cup and who are these outstanding players that our rivals have brought in? Citeh have bought a Brazilian that Paulinho is keeping out of the National squad, Cheatski some German striker I've never heard of Arsenalsome French kid on a free, so far, we have made the best buy of anyone in the top 5. Name me a marquee striker that any of our rivals have bought, they ain't, so lets not get too upset because a past it striker didn't have the gonads to come to probably the hardest league in the world.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:19

I agree with Mikey here. Had the same conversation on facebook yesterday. Everybody is putting there faith in Levy but it's the same old same old as far as I'm concerned. Yes we have a good player in Paulinho but he isn't a striker. Not just that but we spent 17 mill on him apparently which don't leave us much left in the kitty by my reckoning, although having said that no one knows what our war chest was anyway lol. After the Damioa debacle last year and the year before that and now the Villa f*ck up you'll excuse me if my faith in Levy is somewhat muted. I can see us once again going into a new season with Defoe, Adebayor and whoever looks promising in the youth team. Nothing ever f*cking changes. How long have we known we needed a decent Striker?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:27

I also think we missed out on Sturridge when we had the chance.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:39

BazSpur wrote:I also think we missed out on Sturridge when we had the chance.

Trouble is Baz, its just paper talk, don't spose you or I will have really know what goes on in these deals, lets face it Bales practically wearing the white of Madrid according to the press and yet his still here, would just be nice for our club to be a bit more public about things, but then would that scupper any potential deals, who knows who we realistically have bid for.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 09 2013, 21:46

I agree Dave but one thing can't be denied and that's the amount of years we have been without a decent striker, Last decent strikers we had were Berbatoss and Keane. One thing we always had in days gone by was a decent strike force. Now we seem to be overloading ourselves with Midfield players.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 09 2013, 21:58

BazSpur wrote:I agree Dave but one thing can't be denied and that's the amount of years we have been without a decent striker, Last decent strikers we had were Berbatoss and Keane. One thing we always had in days gone by was a decent strike force. Now we seem to be overloading ourselves with Midfield players.

Think that just goes to show the lack of top centre forwards, its the way most teams play now Baz, look at Cheatski, they continuously buy scoring midfielders, as do most teams these days.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:26

djfitzo wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:I agree Dave but one thing can't be denied and that's the amount of years we have been without a decent striker, Last decent strikers we had were Berbatoss and Keane. One thing we always had in days gone by was a decent strike force. Now we seem to be overloading ourselves with Midfield players.

Think that just goes to show the lack of top centre forwards, its the way most teams play now Baz, look at Cheatski, they continuously buy scoring midfielders, as do most teams these days.

What further endorses that lack of decent strikers and actually buying them, how long has it been now the our dear friends up the road have been buying Higuain? 2 weeks and counting and last season they got Giroud, hardly earth shattering.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:35

Well, that could be as someone else said. A reason for a*se supporters buying season tickets. Buy your season tickets folks because look who will be playing here next season.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:52

What I don't understand Baz, is how do the likes of Napoli and the smaller Spanish clubs find the Agueros and Cavani's of this world, as they are South Amercans, lets hope Baldini can unearth the next Cavani mate.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:57

I quite agree Dave, And let's hope Daniel gives Baldini carte Blanche to get on with the job he's been given. We'll see. Don't get me wrong mate I applaud what Danny has done for Spurs. He has made us stronger and more competitive than we have been for years, I do worry though about his dealings in the transfer market.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 09 2013, 23:02

BazSpur wrote:I quite agree Dave, And let's hope Daniel gives Baldini carte Blanche to get on with the job he's been given. We'll see. Don't get me wrong mate I applaud what Danny has done for Spurs. He has made us stronger and more competitive than we have been for years, I do worry though about his dealings in the transfer market.

Maybe after his first season, AVB saw that and insisted on Baldini take care of that side of things, cos lets face it, Paulinho was a record for us!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 17:51