The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Sunderland Match Thread EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Sunderland Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Sunderland Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Sunderland Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Sunderland Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sunderland Match Thread EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sunderland Match Thread EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Sunderland Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Sunderland Match Thread EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sunderland Match Thread Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOVELOVEROCKET
djfitzo
vis
7 posters

Sunderland Match Thread

vis
    vis

Sunderland Match Thread Empty Sunderland Match Thread

Post by vis Tue May 14 2013, 02:45

Sunderland Match Thread 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Versus Sunderland Match Thread 230px-Logo_Sunderland.svg

At

Sunderland Match Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVuWDJGP2wcs7baqLa7oKlSVfWUjY5-rNmxLK4C140sPh2O6JV

Sunderland Match Thread 128px-Premier_League.svg

Sunday 19th May 2013
    K.O @ 1600hrs BST.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Sunderland Match Thread Empty Re: Sunderland Match Thread

Post by djfitzo Tue May 14 2013, 02:59

TBH, regardless of what happens elsewhere, if we cant beat a Sunderland team without Sessegnon, Fletcher, Gardner and Danny Rose, we don't deserve 4th.

Post by Guest Tue May 14 2013, 03:06

lloris
    walker daws caulker verts

bale parker hudd stig

dempsey ade

bring lennon on about 60 mins for stig when the game gets strethched.

verts at left back because he gets forward well .

we seem to let in less goals when caulker starts
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue May 14 2013, 08:08

IM FINALLY CALLING IT A DAY WITH MY INTERNET PACKAGE THANKS ALL FOR THE MEMORIES.......
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue May 14 2013, 08:35

Take care LLR and try to stay in touch. It's been a pleasure having you around.
    Vis . . . .

coolie
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 00:50

Sunderland Match Thread _67666641_adebayor

By Guy Mowbray BBC Match of the Day commentator
    Sunderland Match Thread _57770168_mowbray

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham's Benoit Assou-Ekotto has recovered from a knee injury and is available for Tottenham's vital match against Sunderland.

Midfielder Sandro and defensive duo Younes Kaboul and William Gallas are still unavailable.

Sunderland are without left-back Danny Rose as he is ineligible to play against his parent club.

Stephane Sessegnon and Craig Gardner are suspended but Connor Wickham is available.
    MATCH PREVIEW

White Hart Lane is the only ground that could witness mass celebration on the final day, but only if Spurs win and Arsenal don't at Newcastle.

I'm generally uneasy about a fourth-place finish being hailed as some sort of completed quest for the Holy Grail, but the prize it offers does at least give us a couple of games with genuine interest to end the season.

Having finished fourth and missed out on a Champions League place last year (due to Chelsea's triumph), Spurs will feel they deserve it this time - especially with the form they've shown in the last six months. Just two defeats in the last 21 league games is a record only the champions Manchester United can match.

Sunderland's stats aren't quite so impressive - only two wins in their last 14 games. Those wins have come in Paolo Di Canio's six games in charge though, and they've contributed crucially to the last day being a 'relaxed' one.

Relaxed for the fans that is, because if the players even think about not giving their all Di Canio has threatened to cut their summer holiday time! You can tell he means it too, with the Italian promising after last week's draw against Southampton that he is "going to change everything" during the close season.

This will be the last time a few of the current team wear the Sunderland shirt, and it might be the case for Gareth Bale sporting the cockerel crest of Spurs too. The feeling is that the Player of the Year is bound to leave if Champions League football isn't secured for next season, and that might well be out of his team's hands.

So it's eyes on the game and ears tuned to news from the north east. All Spurs can do is win the 100th league meeting of these clubs - and hope.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Sunderland have lost nine of their 11 Premier League matches away at Tottenham (W1 D1 L9).
    The Black Cats failed to score in both of last season's encounters with Spurs and lost 2-1 to them at the Stadium of Light in December.
    They have won just one of their last eight matches against Tottenham.

Tottenham

Spurs currently have 69 points coming in to their final game of the season. Their best points tally in a Premier League season before this campaign was 70, set in 2009-10.
    Against Stoke, Tottenham recorded their 10th away win in the league this season which is the most they have managed since winning 12 in 1984-85. In that win they also equalled their record of scoring two or more goals in six successive Premier League away games.
    It was the first match they had won in the league without a goal from Gareth Bale since 1 January (3-1 v Reading).
    Tottenham have now scored 25 goals in the last 20 minutes of matches this season - more than any other team in the top flight.
    Emmanuel Adebayor has scored in consecutive top-flight fixtures for the first time since May 2012.
    Spurs have scored a league-high 15 goals from outside the box this season, with Gareth Bale scoring eight of these (another league-high).
    Only Teddy Sheringham (21 in 1993-94) has scored more goals in a single Premier League season for Tottenham than Gareth Bale has so far this term (20).

Sunderland

Sunderland have scored in all six of Paolo Di Canio's games in charge. They had failed to score in four of the previous 11 matches prior to his arrival.
    The Black Cats are without their top three scorers for the rest of the season. Steven Fletcher (11), Stephane Sessegnon (seven) and Craig Gardner (six) have scored 24 of the club's 41 league goals this season (58%).
    However, striker Danny Graham has now gone 1034 minutes in all competitions without finding the back of the net.
    Their last three goals have come from defenders.
    No side has scored fewer goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches (three) or in the final 15 minutes of matches (five) than Sunderland this season.
    They have won eight points (W2 D2 L2) in their six Premier League games under new manager Paolo Di Canio. The Black Cats had won just three points (D3 L5) in their final eight games under Martin O'Neill.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 00:51

MOTD's Guy Mowbray at White Hart LaneTottenham v Sunderland (1600 BST)

"Having finished fourth and missed out on a Champions League place last year (due to Chelsea's triumph), Spurs will feel they deserve it this time - especially with the form they've shown in the last six months. But they need a favour from Newcastle, who entertain Arsenal.

"This will be the last time a few of the current team wear the Sunderland shirt, and it might be the case for Gareth Bale sporting the cockerel crest of Spurs too. The feeling is that the Player of the Year is bound to leave if Champions League football isn't secured for next season, and that might well be out of his team's hands."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 01:36

BBC Sport Chief Football Writer Phil McNulty at White Hart LaneTottenham v Sunderland (1600 BST)

"Spurs make just one change from the team that won so crucially at Stoke City, with Benoit Assou-Ekotto back at left-back with Steven Caulker dropping out. Mousa Dembele is only fit enough to take his place on a very strong Spurs bench that also includes Lewis Holtby, Jermain Defoe and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

"Sunderland not so lucky. Phil Bardsley is not involved after making some less-than-flattering off-field headlines. This means Seb Larsson is likely to fill an unfamiliar right-back slot."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 01:36

Tottenham v Sunderland (1600 BST)

Sunderland are safe but boss Paolo Di Canio warns his players over failing to take the Spurs game seriously. He says: "I told them we can win, draw or lose with dignity, respecting the club's name and the fans who follow them. But if not, I will reduce their holiday. I will give them the minimum I can give to them, which is four weeks, 28 days instead of probably 38, 40 or 41."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 01:37

If anyone gets a good link for today's game please post it in this thread . . . .

crest
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 01:39

1535:
    BBC Sport Chief Football Writer Phil McNulty at White Hart Lane
    Tottenham v Sunderland (1600 BST)

"Spurs have the job to do against under-strength Sunderland but so much talk around White Hart Lane about keeping in communication with events at Newcastle - with everyone here hoping the Magpies side can do them a favour and get a result against Arsenal that could send Andre Villas-Boas' side into the Champions League next season."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 01:42

http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-2.php
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 01:46

LINE-UPS - Tottenham v Sunderland (1600 BST)

Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Bale, Adebayor. Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Defoe, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Caulker.

Sunderland: Mignolet, Colback, O'Shea, Cuellar, McClean, Larsson, Vaughan, N'Diaye, Johnson, Wickham, Graham. Subs: Westwood, Marrs, Mandron, Knott, Mitchell, Ferguson, Harrison.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 02:49

2 stonewall penalties not given to us. One of our players booked instead of being awarded a penalty and I'm sat here wondering why the Referee is wearing a red shirt . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 03:00

Sunderland Match Thread _67694355_hi018045877
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 20 2013, 03:01

vis wrote:2 stonewall penalties not given to us. One of our players booked instead of being awarded a penalty and I'm sat here wondering why the Referee is wearing a red shirt . . . .

Like we said Vis, we are not invited to the top 4 party, how the f*ck can the ref see that from the half way line.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 03:56

Pardew you are scum with your defeatist attitude. I hope you get the sack . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 20 2013, 04:07

sickening, but we all knew what was gonna happen weeks ago. no striker january has cost us, and ade not giving a sh*t earlier in season. f*ck football
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon May 20 2013, 04:42

Dont know why I feel speachless, I said we would finish 5th, speeachless nontheless. If only the refs! performance! matched that of our players!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 05:04

Right I've been and tended to me garden and got certain feelings out me system.
    1st off the Ref was abysmal. To book Bale for a blatant penalty was amauterish at best snidey at worst and makes me wonder why the fek he's wearing red?
    We done what we had to and got the result. Shame Pardew didn't sanction his players like the facist Di Canio did!
    All told a reasonable performance. Bit like the season. High points, low points.
    So no Chumps League for us (again).
    The stream I was watching switched very quickly to the arsenil game at the end. I saw their players celebrating like they had won the league. Oh what a laugh at a club that likes to think they are a big club and whose fans smirk at their so-called dominance. Kinda took the edge of things for me. Next season they are stuck with whinger, who the arsenil fans wanted sacking earlier in the season lol. Gotta chuckle at that, and also at the fact that 4th place and little progression seems to be enough for them.
    I'm proud of my team today as I have been all season.
    No complaints from me. It would be churlish today to pick players for praise or criticism. That belongs in different threads in the Spurs Chat area.
    I do feel this forum is losing it's vitality and hopefully season's end won't sound the death knell for it.
    C'mon posters it's gonna be a long and intresting Summer so keep the posts coming.
    Thanx to all for taking part this season in the match threads as they have been a labour of love to get going.
    So yet again we are glorious in defeat (not quite but no 4th place is what I mean) and that is why
    WE ARE SPURS!
    I love this club and bless the day they found me . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 20 2013, 05:27

Well said Vis. I too hope that posters will keep threads going. I'll try my best to find interesting articles and let's get the transfer bollox threads going again. Always good for a laugh they are. Roll on Transfer deadline day when we will all probably be disappointed again lol. A long Summer is in front of us.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 20 2013, 05:38

the point is though vis it need not have ended like this with a bit of foresight from the board and chairmen. we pay our hard earned cash to go and support the team and i expect them to give us some hope. we knew defoe was injured and ade was missfiring (and thats being kind )so for gods sake get a striker in. we were so far ahead again and then to just let it slip again is criminal. the thought we might lose bale now because of this just compounds the situation. if bale does decide to go i honestly would not critisise him or blame him. give the manager the tools to do the job or are we once again just playing at being a big club.im going to ciu club now so if you do happen to answer my rantings im not ignoring you, just drowning my sorrows, and there better not be any gooners in there. my brother inlaw is chelsea so hes gonna be having a laugh. pass the rope.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 05:51

Have a good evening Shear and drown those sorrows in a big up Spurs stylee . . . .

Post by Guest Mon May 20 2013, 07:31

hey im back. been away for a few days and my phone couldnt get any signal in clacton.

anyway crap first half but good second.

i feel the same avb been let down by levy.
    we need a top striker for ages now.

we lost to fulham get a late goal today and southampton and draw at wigan.

just feel that lot have the better team..

ade defoe lennon ekotto parker can all go.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 20 2013, 08:23

I'd keep Lennon but the rest are surplus to requirements. Huddlestone doesn't look as good as he used to either. Maybe that's because we have better polayers now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 13:08