The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale - Page 5 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
BazSpur
Boltjean
ionman34
seebee1944
shearspur
djfitzo
vis
11 posters

Bale

Bale - Page 5 Empty Re: Bale

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28 2013, 11:34

why cant bale come out and say if he wanted to stay with us.
    is it that hard unless he wants as much wages from us as he can.

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun Jul 28 2013, 12:10

looking like 3 in 1 out lought with chunk of money in levys pocket Sad 
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Jul 28 2013, 17:44

The QUOTES I've read from Bale don't sound like a man wanting to go:

"We all believe we can get into the Champions League otherwise there’s not point being here. "

‘It’s just a matter of going out there and proving everyone we can.’

When asked about Andre Villas Boas and Spurs’ chances of the title, Bale further added that ‘We did a couple of seasons ago so there’s no reason why not.

We’ve definitely got a good enough team to challenge. It just depends on how consistent we can be.
    ‘We’re all looking forward to the season, hopefully we can
    improve on last season – I’m sure with a few more additions to the squad we’ll be a lot better.’

The rest is just rumour and speculation.
    What really p*sses me off is the English media and ex player pundits banging on about the EPL being the best in the world and then saying Bale must go to a Spanish club so he can play champions league.
    I cannot understand the obsession with Champions league because until the quarter final stage it's dross and you know who will be in the last eight. Lets face it Nicholas Bendtner and Celtic play in it every year is that a recommendation.
    I hope I'm right and Bale will be a Spurs player next season.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 28 2013, 18:50

Good post Seebee and I agree with you wholeheartedly. The CL is fools gold because we know we have next to no chance of winning it. Even Cheatski with all their millions still had to fluke it to win it. It's a damning indictment on modern football that most clubs want to get into it because it's a cash cow. Think about that for a moment...........Isn't that terrible but that's what football has become. We play for 3 major trophies in this country but the League cup is seen as a nuisance now rather than a trophy to win and the FA cup is quickly going the same way. Repped Seebee.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jul 28 2013, 20:39

Loughtonguy wrote:why cant bale come out and say if he wanted to stay with us.
    is it that hard   unless he wants as much wages from us as he can.

I don't think money is the reason Bale would want to leave. He's a wealthy guy already with all the sponsorship deals he has and his wages at Spurs. He also has a good stable family life I think he just wants to play with and against the best players in the world and win the biggest prize in club football.

He's not a mercenary like Adewhatsit who would trade his own mother and play in Afghanistan for another tenner. He just wants to play with the best and can you blame him.

As I've said many times I will be devasted if he leaves and it will be bad for the club in the long term but I can understand him wanting to go to Real Madrid.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Jul 28 2013, 22:32

It has been reported we are close to signing Soldado. And it has also been reported that Real are to offer £51 million cash pluss £25 million rated winger Angel Di Maria and £19 million rated left back Fabio Coentrao. Now would this be worth the gamble?. Yes it would be great if we could hang onto Bale, but I can not help thinking that these three players coming in would benefit the club more then just hanging onto Bale. I agree that we can not keep selling our top players and would worry about how long it would be before United, Chelsea or City try to unsettle these players in the future, but with these three players I am sure that without Bale we could still make a big impact on the Premiership and by getting into the Champions League we would be in a position to turn round to these clubs and say get lost.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jul 29 2013, 04:55

Did anybody see on Sky Bale getting on the coach and signing autugraphs. I've never seen him look so serious he never smiled at the fans once. He had the look of a guy not happy at all.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 29 2013, 04:57

Maybe it would be better to let him go if that's how he feels. We won't get the best out of him if his heart is no longer at Spurs. It could also unsettle the rest of the team.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jul 29 2013, 06:08

If he wants out then cash in NOW. If he wants to stay then build a squad with him at the heart of it. As others have said, players come & go but Spurs will always be Spurs . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Jul 29 2013, 09:23

I did not think I will come to this decision, may be it is better if Bale goes indeed. One thing which makes me mad is the fact that nobody have reprimanded Real Madrid heavy handed approach
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 29 2013, 18:41

Spot on Phil, Real Madrid should be taken to task over the way they've gone about tapping bale up but we all know fifa will do f*ck all.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Jul 29 2013, 19:37

They've been getting away with it for years, remember Fergie said it about Ronaldo.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jul 30 2013, 00:17

Arrogant load of bullies. One thing I would like to know is, what was the agreement that Levy signed with Real some weeks ago, what is it all about, anyone know?.  What ever it was Levy should tear it up because as they say with friends like this who needs enemies. One other thing I would like to know is, why are players in so much of a hurry to get away from us?, were has the loyalty shown by Hoddle, Perryman, and King etc gone?, it is so sad. It can only be greed, none of the players I have mentioned worried about playing in the Champions League or European Cup as it was called many moons ago. Arsenal and Liverpool have the same problem, can not hold on to there big name players, and unable to attract big name players. Every player now wants to play for Real, Chelsea, City and United, imo the game is in decline and I am gutted that the club we love and have supported all of our lives now seems to attract players that feel that they are to good to play for Spurs after a few seasons.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 30 2013, 00:20

Different mindset these days Len. Sad but true. Clubs can earn so much money by being in the CL that any thought of winning trophies goes right out the window.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 30 2013, 00:53

Must be money guys, we give Bale 2 days off a week to see his young family in Wales, for 80 million are Real going to afford him the same? or is it just Marca doing Real's dirty work for them? unlike Modric, Bale has not come out publically and demanded a move, its all Marca and the lazy British journalists have just repeated it, anyhoo, we will know by the end of the week.
    Personally, i cant see him dragging his wife and young family off to Spain.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 30 2013, 00:58

Perhaps young Gareth should red Owens book

http://www.givemesport.com/363669-michael-owen-warns-bale-against-madrid

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jul 30 2013, 03:47

£50+M and a couple of decent palyers as well? This is looking too good to be true . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jul 30 2013, 04:33

Although I would rather he stayed for at least until next year, I'm beginning to think if the offer of £50 mil and Tia Maria and Countreau..... both good mixers....It might be a very good deal and would soften the blow a bit.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:54

So what it boils down to if we believe what Marca have written, because all I know is that Sky Sports understands and there has been no concrete offer, is Bale has to decide if he wants to be a big fish in a small pond or small fish in an ocean. Will he swap playing where he wants, taking all free kicks and not passing to a team mate when they are in a better position to score or become a left winger that scores now and again and NEVER taking free kicks as Ronaldo will not give that up. Will he uproot his young family as I can't see Madrid allowing him to fly home twice every week to see them like he is afforded by Spurs. It's not cut and dried as everyone is making out, he will still earn a fortune at Spurs with an improved contract and keep the family life that he obviously craves and don't believe all this bollox in the press about his mum and dad pleading for Levy to let him leave, for one thing Levy is still in Florida on holiday and any other story that Marca have put out and the dozy, lazy UK media have printed. What interests me and I don't know if Lought or anyone can pull the stats, is how we did when he was injured, I'm not talking goals,just points on the board and how we did as a team without him. Finally, if he does leave for fame and fortune and forgets about his young family, would we be a better TEAM without him and be able to reinforce with quality to the very good squad we already have.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 31 2013, 18:38

I hope you're right Dave.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 31 2013, 19:21

BazSpur wrote:I hope you're right Dave.

Baz, like you have said, seen em come, seen em go, wont stop me supporting Spurs.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 31 2013, 19:42

Me neither mate, we'll survive if it happens we always do. Remember when Berbatoss and Keane left. We were doomed apparently but we got CL after they left. We'll be fine.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Aug 01 2013, 01:00

I think he will leave as you can't have this amount of rumours and speculation with out there being a lot of truth behind it. I think Levy is waiting for the confirmation of Real offering 85 mil + and he will be off.

Personally I think it's not the right move for Bale. He will not be an automatic starter.As Dave said Ronaldo will not want to give up free kicks and being the quiet family guy that he is I believe he will get homesick very quickly.

Interesting what David Pleat and Ian Rush said, that they believe he's to young and should move when he's 28.

As I say I believe he will be gone before the start of the season but I don't believe it is the right move for him.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 01 2013, 01:35

Totally the wrong move Mikey, if he does go and let's face it there is nothing concrete yet. He likes his family life too much but I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Aug 01 2013, 01:49

At least someone is putting a fans point of view

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bale-transfer-tottenham-sell-2106285

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 20:24