The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Bale

ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Re: Bale

Post by ionman34 on Fri May 24 2013, 19:14

Loughtonguy wrote:what i meant to say was they are differnt types of players.

when bale has a quiet game you know it.

modric being underused by real madrid. hes look there best player when he came on aganst barcelona.

our goals have dried up since modric has left

Dried up?

Look at how many we scored last season against this season before making that statement.

The purpose of the game is to score more than you opponent, thereby amassing more points.

Compare last seasons points tally to this one too. In fact, compare this season's points to any other Premier League season then tell me we're going backwards.

Post by BazSpur on Fri May 24 2013, 20:25

Course we're not going backwards. I think we have made great strides under AVB and will continur to do so.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Wed May 29 2013, 18:59

f*cking parasites, I hate agents

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8740852/Transfer-News-Gareth-Bale-s-agent-refuses-to-rule-out-Real-Madrid

Post by BazSpur on Wed May 29 2013, 20:03

Well, fortunately he has to deal with Levy and that isn't easy lol.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by seebee1944 on Wed May 29 2013, 21:10

With all the comments from Real and now his agent at what stage does all this become tapping up our player. Hopefully the lad will see all through this greed and make his own decision to stay.

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Wed May 29 2013, 21:20

i thought tapping up was done behind a clubs back gareth is a level headed lad hopefully reremember luka's troubles at real madrid and wait til next season at least . grass isnt always greener on the other side.

Post by totalytot on Thu May 30 2013, 01:54

In the end I don't think it will be down to Bale.If Real come in with 60/65 mil I don't believe Levy will hesitate he needs the money for the stadium.

I think this posturing by Levy tring to tie Bale up to a bigger contract is to push the price up.

Mikey M

Post by seebee1944 on Thu May 30 2013, 03:27

Just to clarify what I meant by tapping up. Firstly a club has various people praising the player they are interested in without making any official approach to the other club. This has been done regularly for a long time. Then they get the players agent on board which is what is happening now. What was Bales' agent doing in Spain? Again I don,t think Spurs have given any permission for this.
    Real Madrid have all the financial backing they need as the Spanish government are involved so money is no object
    As I say I still have faith in Bale making his own decision based on family, roots et al
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Thu May 30 2013, 03:33

i think if stories are true and david villa is in talks with us, also damiao. then if levy could get those 2 signed up quickly before others start sniffing around this would show bale spurs mean buisness next season and might sway his decision to want to stay if we can get some quality instead of bargain basement deals at last minute. come on daniel show bale what he can be a part of, and hurry up.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri May 31 2013, 00:44

Now their doing it with Suarez, seems like the Madrids and Barcelonas can do what they want, when they want, so much for fifa introducing fair play.

vis

Post by vis on Fri May 31 2013, 06:09

We shall see. Saw somewhere today that Citeh & Chelski are putting together £60M bids but Real reckon deal will be done by the middle of June for up to £80M. You gotta larf. This just seems like so-much meeja BSflag as we are into the close season & theres no meaningfull internatioanl football at senior level this Summer. Let's not forget the U21's though.
    All this stuff from individuals like Ze-dan & Desolutery is just soundbites. Yup Real are trying to tap him and not being very subtle and I'm sure Bales agent would love his 5% of £60M+ but the final decision lays with Bale, Levy & AVB so let's not get too concerned just yet . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Fri May 31 2013, 08:39

i thought bale would go to man u but now fergie gone will he want to play under moyes

jose leaving madrid so would bale want to go there plus they have ronaldo.

he could go man c or barcelona.

but if we get the strikers we need and with kaboul and sandro back then we could be a real force next season. plus he gets on so well with avb

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Sun Jun 02 2013, 02:26

I must admit that I am getting really fed up with all this now. We have had Steven Howard of the Sun saying Bale should leave and that at best Spurs can only fight for the last Champions League place, and only in front of crowds of 35,000. We have had Robbie Savage saying he should leave, pluss Modric saying that he should join him in Madrid, which makes me laugh as Mourinho has stated he would like Modric at Chelsea. I want Bale to stay and I am sure he is old enough to make a decision about his future without people trying to influence him, however can we keep relying on him to score goals should he decide to stay. What if he did stay next season and had a real disapointing run of form, then we would all be saying we wished we had cashed in on him. What I would like to know is why Levy is allowing all this talk and rumours to carry on without making some kind of statement like Bale is not going anywhere, or is it because talks are already ongoing between us and Real that he is keeping quite?. He handled the Berbatov saga very badly imo, and then we had Modric sulking because he wanted out. So in a nut shell I want this done and dusted as soon as possible, not just for our sakes, but for AVB so he knows what he will be faced with come August.
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Sun Jun 02 2013, 03:34

as i said before , if levy and avb identify a couple of really good players they both want and can get them signed quickly it might show bale we mean buisness for next season and influence his decision to stay. but if levy pussyfoots around trying to get bargain basement deals a week before pre season starts then i wouldnt blame bale if he quit.

Post by seebee1944 on Sun Jun 02 2013, 17:53

Real Madrid are now reportedly preparing an offer of £85M,this from a club who said they couldn't afford Neymar at £70M. Also they are reportedly £580M in debt. Where's the FFP in that.
    If true is that such silly money that Spurs couldn't afford to turn down and would the sale of Bale deter other players from joining.
    Mr Levy has a lot of soul searching to do I feel.

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Sun Jun 02 2013, 20:51

Boltjean wrote:I must admit that I am getting really fed up with all this now. We have had Steven Howard of the Sun saying Bale should leave and that at best Spurs can only fight for the last Champions League place, and only in front of crowds of 35,000. We have had Robbie Savage saying he should leave, pluss Modric saying that he should join him in Madrid,

You are absolutely right we are all really p***ed off it borders on lack of respect from all these sources especially Real Madrid. All this bull sh*t like Bale was born to play for Real Madrid crap. We are not a feeder club for them.

COULD SOME ONE ON THIS BOARD PS EDUCATE ME, I THOUGHT LEAVY SIGNED AN EXCHANGE AGREEMENT WITH REAL MADRID AS EQUAL PARTNERS BUT IT SEEMS TO ME ONLY ONE WAY EXCHANGE FROM SPURS TO REAL MADRID.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Mon Jun 03 2013, 00:00

Good point Philip, but remember agreement's do not mean anything these days, neither do players contracts mate as we have seen in the past when we lost two class players in Berbatov and Modric. Now there is talk of Real wanting AVB, and I believe if Bale goes, AVB will follow. He will not like the idea as we have known for years that Spurs are a selling club. Good job our chairman is not in the building trade, he would never finish a house, get half we and he would pull it down, sell the bricks and start again, and this happens season after season with building a squad good enough to take on the big guns. What I would like to know is why contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on. If a company sign a contract to build a bridge, they have to build it or they are fined heavily, yet players can just do what they like. Any of us at work who break our contracts are out the door. I have lost a great deal of interest in the game today, and this is why I get a great deal of pleasure reading about the history of the club, because in those days we had players who felt it a honour to be at Spurs, those days will never return, not untill it becomes illegal for a player to break a contract, or a club to approach a player who is under contract to his club.

Post by BazSpur on Mon Jun 03 2013, 03:40

Spot on Len.

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Mon Jun 03 2013, 03:46

The consolation point if Bale is going it will be outside of the Premiership not to strengthen one of our competitors as we have done in the past
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Mon Jun 03 2013, 09:57

if bale goes i dont blame him , he gave us everything, and we dont have the foresight to give him it back.its a short career,and he deserves to fulfill it. good luck to him. lack of ambition on our part as usual, if we cant progress with these top players we keep getting but selling i feel the same as len now. were never gonna get there and will be a top half team every season . its just run as a buisness now. like keith burkinshaw said as he left, "THERE USED TO BE A FOOTBALL CLUB OVER THERE "

Post by BazSpur on Mon Jun 03 2013, 10:13

Unfortunately I am beginning to see it the same way. We flatter to deceive. We have known for ages it's a money making concern. I feel sorry for AVB he is working against the chairman .

ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 on Tue Jun 04 2013, 02:36

WTF happened here?

Bale left has he?

No?

Then I'm kinda mystified at this ridiculous pessimism.

Levy is a businessman. He will see the one off payment against the long term commercial viability Bale has for us as a no brainer. I don't think he's going to be saying '85 mill in the hand is better than 300 mill over the next 3 (numbers off the top of my head btw).

Incidentally, Levy wants Soldado.

Post by BazSpur on Tue Jun 04 2013, 05:30

It's not so much pessimism ion as we've been there before mate. We all hoped Berbatov wouldn't go......he went. We all hoped modric wouldn't go..... he went, same with Carrick, Keane, VDV etc, etc, etc. I agree with Shear how can we get any stability if we keep selling our better players.I hope you're right and Bale stays I really do but I won't hold my breath.

Post by cstmrsking on Tue Jun 04 2013, 08:29

If Bale decides to go, purs will only have themselves to Blame. We was to dependent on Bale. We didnt get Striker In, that possibly cost us top 4.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Jun 11 2013, 19:58

Florentino Perez admits Real Madrid would have no qualms paying big money for Tottenham Hotspur's Gareth Bale, but he says they need to wait for their new coach to be appointed before making any moves.

Perez has not hidden his admiration for Bale and he insists that the club would have no problem paying what is needed, with claims that Spurs would demand a world record £85million for the Welshman.

But Perez - who began the 'Galactico' way of thinking at the club - insists that big money buys, such as Bale, pay for themselves.

"Madrid always want the best. Tottenham is a very amicable club, but first we must see who our new coach will be and after that we will begin to arrange our new squad," he told Marca.

"I think the same as if we were to have a tennis team and Rafael Nadal asked me for these millions. For players like this - the investment they generate you and the revenue they produce, you can give everything to try and get them.

"I demonstrated in 2000 that with players like this you can change the dynamic, going from losing to winning.

"Then you have to look carefully at the player involved. We are not going to talk too much about Bale because he plays at a very amicable club and they will be annoyed by too much talk about him I know their chairman well and he doesn't like things like that.

So why does he keep going to the press about it, tosser

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23 2017, 11:51