The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
BazSpur
Boltjean
ionman34
seebee1944
shearspur
djfitzo
vis
11 posters

Bale

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Bale - Page 3 Empty Re: Bale

Post by seebee1944 Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:45

Changed from losing to winning? well he hasn't done that well coming second in a two horse race 7 times out of the last 10 and haven,t won champions league for ten years.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jun 11 2013, 22:33

And what about the fair play? they are millions in debt, who keeps lending them the money to buy and pay the wages of these galaticos?

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Jun 12 2013, 06:25

djfitzo wrote:And what about the fair play? they are millions in debt, who keeps lending them the money to buy and pay the wages of these galaticos?

The country of Spain I believe Dave. Follow the link . . . .

http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/real-madrid-news-reals-past-financial-illicit-deals-come-under-ffp-scrutiny-1167637

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12 2013, 08:31

cant blame bale if he did go. lets be honest we been poor to watch this season and he got us out of jail many times.

hope avb gets the players he wants
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jun 14 2013, 21:14

The trouble is everybody else is doing business now and will we be the 11th hour again with mediocre but cheap.

If Bale goes for 85 mil who would want to come and more importantly how much of it would Levy give to the manager?

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15 2013, 02:35

we need to wait for july the 1st.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jun 15 2013, 07:31

Nobody else is Lought they are all doing their business now.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15 2013, 09:32

true.  

it makes me wonder how  much  of this was done  long ago
    players tapped up.
    david moyes new from xmas he was going to be the  new man u boss because jose new then
    he even hinted about it back in jan.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 15 2013, 22:14

we all know deep down whats going to happen here, levy has not mentioned any not for sale signals to other clubs, so i think he will cash in on it. how much will be given to avb is another thing. 30 mil 40 mil ? who knows. all i know is it wont be enough if we lose bale. others are strengthening while we will be weakening (again ), which all adds up to a depressing season if it happens. we never add to what we have already, always sell then buy lesser players which slowly erodes the progress we have made. all this stadium nonsence going on seems shambolic as well. if we cant afford to do it then lets carry on where we are , strengthen the team we have already and try and sustain a challenge for honours before we jump into something to big for us. were not far off now so build on what we have.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Jun 16 2013, 22:28

I see that Zidane is quoted in the press today saying that Bale should ask Spurs for a move to hurry along his transfer to Real. Cheeky feker. It's about time Levy made an official complaint to UEFA about him . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jun 16 2013, 22:46

Spot on Shear that's exactly how I see it. And Vis I think Levy is not saying anything because he's waiting to cash in to the highest bidder. If he really wants to keep him he should do what Ferguson did a couple of years ago with Rooney and call him in and tell him he is getting good players in. He then signed Van Persie and won the title.

I know it's still early days but I'm like a lot of Spurs supporters worried how and with whom we will start the season with.

We should have cashed in on our good position of the previous season but we didn't. Have we missed out on a golden opportunity AGAIN ?

Bale has to stay at least for another season to help us bring in the best and get us established as a regular in the top 4. But don't hold your breath.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 17 2013, 05:20

Makes me wonder if Levy is interested in a "big bid" . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jun 17 2013, 05:35

yeah, good at accepting them . but trouble is he dont bid big when going for big players we need.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 17 2013, 08:24

Shear welcome to the strange world of Daniel Levy, businessman . . . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jun 17 2013, 08:26

Could Levy, turn down the kind of figures being bounded about.  I think not.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Jun 17 2013, 17:46

What we have to accept is that clubs like Chelsea, Man C, PSG, Monaco Real Madrid et al, have billionaire backers and can afford any player they want. Most of them play in leagues where only two or three clubs can win it. Players are disposable assets and it doesn't really matter if they fail cos the money is there to buy another. Classic example is Marco Marin, who we were after when he signed for Chelsea. Can anyone actually remember him playing for them last season.
      Even in France, now Monaco have their own sugar daddy, the other clubs tried to block their promotion to the top division because they and their players don't have to pay tax, whereas the top level in mainland  France is 75%, so they argue that Monaco are at an advantage.
      Until there is a level playing field, which I doubt will ever happen now, Levy is between a rock, balancing the books and a hard place, us the fans wanting success for the club we love.
      Also if as reported Real Madrid have said Bale should ask to leave, that is blatant tapping up and UEFA should do something about it surely.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jun 18 2013, 04:02

Apparently PSG are going to make an £85M offer in order to tempt AVB to be their new manager ! ! ! Ain't the redtop meeja classy . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 19 2013, 16:54

Knowing Levy, I am sure he can see the ££££££££ signs flashing. The problem is, if Bale were sold do we believe that money would be spent on new players? 
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jun 19 2013, 19:47

This will help keeping young Gareth, also if Levy hands the transfers over to Baldani, an exciting summer beckons .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10128628/Exclusive-Tottenham-Hotspur-head-coach-Andre-Villas-Boas-rejects-lucrative-post-at-Paris-St-Germain.html
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jun 20 2013, 05:09

Good read that Dave. I think all of us on here agree that it is now up to Levy to fully endorse this period at Spurs. Let Baldini (lol those of us with shaven pates love that name) find the players AVB needs and wants then let AVB do his job and let the days of glory recommence.
    COYS . . . .

Pride
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Thu Jun 20 2013, 23:09

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has reportedly given Andre Villas-Boas £50m to spend on summer transfers In an interview in the past 24 hours AVB has made another clear  statement :

"The chairman has pledged that Bale isn't leaving the club." The re-model could begin with the sale of as many as 10 first team players, with England internationals Scott Parker and Jermain Defoe believed to be on that list. Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor is also likely to leave this summer, following a disappointing 2012/13 season.

Very Happy
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jun 21 2013, 04:16

Can we breathe a huge sigh of relief Re the chairman has stated Bale is staying at Spurs?, well I will not believe it untill this transfer window is closed. Anybody know when it closes?, because in my oppinion it can't close quick enough. Loverocket, who do you think the ten first team players could be that might leave. You state Parker, Defoe and Ade could be three of those, what about the other seven?. I could see Gomes leaving, perhaps Huddlestone?, but I can't think of any others that could be on there way.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 21 2013, 06:24

31st August I believe Len . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 21 2013, 06:28

The 10 players I have seen rumoured to be available for offer are Defoe, Adabadbigtoe, Thudd, Parker, Ekkotto, Gomes, Friedel, Townsend, Khumalo & Falque . . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Jun 22 2013, 06:14

i dont think 10 will all leave.  id like to see  huddelstone , gomes , ade gone. 

sent on loan - parker , townsend , naughton  , livermore. 

ekotto  -  im not a fan but theres not many quality left backs out there.

brad freidel be happy as a backup.

give carroll few more games this season also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 18:07