The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Benteke

Benteke

Post by totalytot on Sun Jul 07 2013, 23:05

Read today Spurs will wait until the season has started to bid for Benteke so as they can get him on the cheap.

If that is true why let Villa know that is your aim? All they have to do is say no.

Mikey M
    vis

Re: Benteke

Post by vis on Mon Jul 08 2013, 04:09

Is Benteke Darren Bent in disguise?
    Sorry but this is a lad I really don't rate . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by totalytot on Mon Jul 08 2013, 04:27

You may be right Vis I admit he's seems to have come on only from last season. But the games I have seen him in he has been very good and his goals have been scored from all over the pitch some quite spectacular and he is only 22.

I would like to see him join us.

Mikey M
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Jul 08 2013, 05:21

Fair play Mikey. I'm always happy to munch 'umble pie.
    My feeling is he is not mobile or clever enough to bring any benefit. Hence the Darren Bent "bitchy" comment from me. I just see another striker who scored a few for Villa last season. Yup that force taht was Villa last season. Needs a bit more than that to really convince me I'm afraid . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by totalytot on Mon Jul 08 2013, 19:43

It probably wont happen any way Vis as villa are looking for 25-30mil for him and I can't see us paying that. But we do need a couple of strikers soon. We now have a stronger MF so at the moment I would take Benteke and Villa, in fact I would have taken Carroll as I think he will have a good season this year and a regular England spot.But that's another story.

Mikey M

vis

Post by vis on Tue Jul 09 2013, 02:23

I would have taken Carroll as well Mikey. Anyone then Adabaddaysoneedanicelongrestnow ! ! ! !
    I would still try a cheeky bid for either Torres or Rooney. But thats just me. Or Higuain lol . . . .

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09 2013, 04:45

darren bent is a goalscorer. thats it. and hes a natural goalscorer.
    hes a better finnisher then both ade ande defoe.

as for benteke. i wouldnt mind him but wouldnt pay silly money for him
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Jul 09 2013, 08:05

Loughtonguy wrote:darren bent is a goalscorer. thats it. and hes a natural goalscorer.
    hes a better finnisher then both ade ande defoe.

eyes 

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Jul 09 2013, 18:20

Benteke put in a transfer request and has not travelled to Germany for pre-season tour, mmmm

Post by BazSpur on Tue Jul 09 2013, 18:50

Chelsea are reported to be after him and if that's true we won't get him. Same old same old isn't it? How long have we needed a decent striker or strikers? And still we drag our feet.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:35

BazSpur wrote:Chelsea are reported to be after him and if that's true we won't get him. Same old same old isn't it? How long have we needed a decent striker or strikers? And still we drag our feet.

Does he want to sit on the Bench Baz? they just bought some German that ive never heard of, so that's German nobody, Torres, Ba , Moses, Cheatski have also bought yet another midfielder, so buying players don't necessarily bring you anything, Personally Im glad we didn't get Villa, I been looking at his record since he broke his leg and it aint that good and his only ever played in Spain. Mikey said that our rivals for top 5 have got in early, who have they bought? Like I said Cheatski have bought a German ive never heard of and Citeh a midfielder that is below Paulinho in the national side. Pool are about to sell the only player that's kept them anywhere near the top 6. Yes, we have been needing a top quality striker for a while, but after Ade had a good season on loan, did we really expect him to be so shocking last season. You cant get anyone in the January window as most top teams with top strikers are still in CL and wont sell and unless you have rich benefactors like PSG, Monaco we will never get the likes of Cavani, so who else is there that we realistically could have bought? lets hope Baldini can use his scouting knowledge to unearth somebody, because I don't see too many strikers out there that excite me.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Jul 09 2013, 20:24

djfitzo wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Chelsea are reported to be after him and if that's true we won't get him. Same old same old isn't it? How long have we needed a decent striker or strikers? And still we drag our feet.

Does he want to sit on the Bench Baz?  they just bought some German that ive never heard of, so that's German nobody, Torres, Ba , Moses, Cheatski have also bought yet another midfielder, so buying players don't necessarily bring you anything, Personally Im glad we didn't get Villa, I been looking at his record since he broke his leg and it aint that good and his only ever played in Spain. Mikey said that our rivals for top 5 have got in early, who have they bought?  Like I said Cheatski have bought a German ive never heard of and Citeh a midfielder that is below Paulinho in the national side. Pool are about to sell the only player that's kept them anywhere near the top 6. Yes, we have been needing a top quality striker for a while, but after Ade had a good season on loan, did we really expect him to be so shocking last season. You cant get anyone in the January window as most top teams with top strikers are still in CL and wont sell and unless you have rich benefactors like PSG, Monaco we will never get the likes of Cavani, so who else is there that we realistically could have bought?  lets hope Baldini can use his scouting knowledge to unearth somebody, because I don't see too many strikers out there that excite me.

And aint Cheatski got Lukaku coming back from Brom, paper talk my friend, in fact this is a good article

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7515402

Post by BazSpur on Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:04

Some of that may be right Dave but if you read the comments below the article it seems a lot feel the same as I do. This comment pretty much sums up how I feel.

Problem is, its such an obvious area where we need to improve, and Levy has let us down for years on the striker front. You can't blame fans for venting there anger on yet another target gone begging. Levy is PR savvy, amd people fall for it. How many times will he bid for a top class player on the last day just for it to 'fall through'. He did it first with Augero, 3 years back. £35m, didnt go through, so u'd expect a big signing to follow... Adebeyor on a loan two years later. Moutinho last year, £20m+, who we actually get is Holtby for £1m 6 months later. Dont be fooled people, we wont sign Solando, Benteke, Damaio or anyone close to that level. Levy happily spends on young midfielders who cost less and are on less wages because he knows he will get a return whem we sell. Sriikers in their prime for tol dollar want top money and wont return bug enough investment. Ade, Defeo and Dempsey, get used to it, cos thats what we'll ve watching next year.
    liamyid

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7515402#ixzz2YXsFOuIl

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:11

BazSpur wrote:Some of that may be right Dave but if you read the comments below the article it seems a lot feel the same as I do. This comment pretty much sums up how I feel.

Problem is, its such an obvious area where we need to improve, and Levy has let us down for years on the striker front. You can't blame fans for venting there anger on yet another target gone begging. Levy is PR savvy, amd people fall for it. How many times will he bid for a top class player on the last day just for it to 'fall through'. He did it first with Augero, 3 years back. £35m, didnt go through, so u'd expect a big signing to follow... Adebeyor on a loan two years later. Moutinho last year, £20m+, who we actually get is Holtby for £1m 6 months later. Dont be fooled people, we wont sign Solando, Benteke, Damaio or anyone close to that level. Levy happily spends on young midfielders who cost less and are on less wages because he knows he will get a return whem we sell. Sriikers in their prime for tol dollar want top money and wont return bug enough investment. Ade, Defeo and Dempsey, get used to it, cos thats what we'll ve watching next year.
    liamyid

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7515402#ixzz2YXsFOuIl

What makes me laugh is "there are plenty of strikers banging them in on the continent"
    who are they then? If they are talking about Cavani and Falcao, then we got no chance with the likes of PSG offering 50 million and over 200 grand a week. And these strikers are not guaranteed to score in the prem. Then the guy above in the same breath says we buy young midfielders, yet we just signed one of the best midfielders around.

Post by BazSpur on Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:32

Well, you could say that Dave but then look at what we have bought in the past. Dos Santos, Bostock, Loughts favourite Tarraabt, Falque I know falque is still at Spurs but where are the others? And there have been plenty of others and what makes me laugh is they were all going to be the next Hoddle, Gazza or Ginola. There certainly seems to be a pattern involved here.

Post by totalytot on Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:54

Dave our MF is fine and could turn out to be one of the best in the prem this year. What I think most Spurs supporters are fed up about is that we have known for over a year now or at the very least all of last season we desperatley needed a top striker or two. So why has AVB not been pushing on with getting one in? It's as most have said on here and elsewhere that Levy controls the buying of players and will only want a deal.

Negredo and Hguian were available long before City and Arsenal stepped in and around the 20-25 mil are, on todays prices, not a bad deal. There is also the Montenegro striker Jvelko ? who has a buy out clause £ 25 mil.

If Levy was really serious abut the club moving forward he would have stepped in as soon as the season had ended as he and AVB must have seen the weakness up front that cost us CL.

If we start the season with just Paulinio and relying on JD and Adewhatshisface, then 6th is best we could hope for.

Mikey M

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Jul 09 2013, 23:07

totalytot wrote:Dave our MF is fine and could turn out to be one of the best in the prem this year. What I think most Spurs supporters are fed up about is that we have known for over a year now or at the very least all of last season we desperatley needed a top striker or two. So why has AVB not been pushing on with getting one in? It's as most have said on here and elsewhere that Levy controls the buying of players and will only want a deal.

Negredo and Hguian were available long before City and Arsenal stepped in and around the 20-25 mil are, on todays prices, not a bad deal. There is also the Montenegro striker Jvelko ? who has a buy out clause £ 25 mil.

If Levy was really serious abut the club moving forward he would have stepped in as soon as the season had ended as he and AVB must have seen the weakness up front that cost us CL.

If we start the season with just Paulinio and relying on JD and Adewhatshisface, then 6th is best we could hope for.

Mikey M

Mikey, I do agree, but don't think it is as easy as that and with no CL to offer, strikers like to be in it, however, if we can just sell our ambition like we did Paulinho, who knows?
    Baldini is probably going to be the reason we finish 6th or top 4. Benteke would fit Levy's criteria, young, powerful, prem experience, we have to sell him that if he goes to say Cheatski, he will be a bench warmer at best, but if he comes to us, then the worlds his oyster.

Post by totalytot on Sat Jul 13 2013, 19:55

According to the Telegraph Benteke deal should be done this coming week.

I so hope so and then hopefully another striker. Even Defoe has said this week that all top teams have 4 strikers and that Spurs need to bring in more and that he wouldn't mind the competition.

A good Tottenham man is JD but I think if they do bring in 2 strikers he could be on his way, although I would keep him as a 3rd choice and hopefully Adeupmymoney will be shown the door but then who is going to pay his wages even if he went on a free.

Mikey M

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 14 2013, 11:07

thing is baz. gio got best yongster at the last world cup. then he got no games for us in the league.
    im sure other prem clubs would of used him in there teams

tarrabt never got a start for us but nearly always looked good when he came on as a sub.
    he has so much talent unfortuanlty for him he dont want to stay fit.

falqe looked one of our best players in the early rounds of the uefa cup then gets loaned out so thats him finnised

then theres other kids like john bostock. paid loads for him to loan him back out lol

whats the point of loaning someone out to lower leage clubs.
    its okay in the prem

Post by totalytot on Mon Jul 15 2013, 02:34

Loughtonguy wrote:thing is baz.  gio got best yongster at the last world cup. then he got no games for us in the league.
    im sure other prem clubs would of used him in there teams

tarrabt never got a start for us but nearly always looked good when he came on as a sub.
    he has so much talent unfortuanlty for him he dont want to stay fit.

falqe looked one of our best players in the early rounds of the uefa cup then gets loaned out so thats him finnised

then theres other kids  like john bostock.  paid loads for him to loan him back out lol

whats the point of loaning someone out to lower leage clubs.  
    its okay in the prem

What's all that got to do with Benteke Lought which is what this post is all about?

Mikey M

Post by totalytot on Mon Jul 15 2013, 02:43

In the papers today "Spurs struggling to find money for Benteke"
    Also can't offload Adewantstomuch. Now that's no surprise it was always going to be difficult to get rid with his high wages even if he goes on a free.

If we are finding it difficult to buy Benteke or any other striker I can see us starting the season with JD and you know who.

Which makes spending 17 mil on Paulinio, as good as he is, possibly a luxury.

Mikey M

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Jul 15 2013, 05:01

i prefer roberto soldado more . looks pacey .

http://youtu.be/QdOQ66PS2Vg

Post by BazSpur on Mon Jul 15 2013, 05:48

Mikey? Do you get that same old feeling coming over us again? You know, the one all us Spurs fans get every transfer window.

Post by totalytot on Mon Jul 15 2013, 07:02

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:i prefer roberto soldado more . looks pacey .

http://youtu.be/QdOQ66PS2Vg

I'm not convinced about Soldado. He's 28 coming up 29 been around a while now with out pulling up trees. Benteke is young and bags of potential.

Mikey M

Post by totalytot on Mon Jul 15 2013, 07:35

BazSpur wrote:Mikey? Do you get that same old feeling coming over us again? You know, the one all us Spurs fans get every transfer window.

I do Baz. I just have this feeling that we have spent our money on Paulinio and will end up with no big name striker again like we have for two years.

Sure there is still time but to me the signs are we will miss out again.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19 2017, 21:24