The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Bale

shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Re: Bale

Post by shearspur on Thu Aug 15 2013, 03:21

I cant believe any of you still think he will be at spurs this season, all this money we have spent, told me ages ago he was off. the silence from spurs is deafening. when would we have ever gone out and spent like this before. levy knows hes getting it all back that's for sure. I wish bale all the best and hope he does well wherever he goes, because the fact is it was lack of foresight on the clubs part by not strengthening us twice on the trot in previous seasons which maybe could have cemented us twice as champions league participants and may have persuaded bale we are good enough for a player of his talent, because on present / past form were just not. he gave us his all and deserves a move of the magnitude of Madrid. good luck to him just hope it don't get anymore messy.

Post by DJSR on Thu Aug 15 2013, 04:00

I havent said much on the Bale situation, and there is a reason for it, because i dont know for sure whats happening. But i can guess, and my guess is that he signed for madrid a good few weeks ago. But my take on this is, that it has done Spurs good that the transfer has not been made public yet. The reason for this is very clever, and once again proves that Levy knows his business.

If Spurs came out publicly and said Bale has left for X amount, then any player spurs try to buy will be increased by so much, that we would probably have pulled out of the transfer and not got the current signings we have made. I think this is genius work by Levy again. He has spent over £50m on players so far, and there are more in the pipe line to come.

At one point i thought Bale would stay, but if he did stay, then no way would Spurs be spending the amount they have without off loading the dead wood first.

Post by vis on Thu Aug 15 2013, 05:18

Bale will come on as a sub V Crystal Palace, it will bring the house down and AVB will say after how happy he is to have him for another season.
    However lol. If he don't then he could be off . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 16 2013, 02:22

bale out of the palace game. looks like hes being saved to be sold
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 16 2013, 06:37

Do you know guys I won't be overly concerned if he does go. This is getting tiresome and will, doubtless, have a knock-on effect. C'mon Darlin' Daniel & Bale & your agent, TELL THE TRUTH . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by totalytot on Fri Aug 16 2013, 07:29

I had resigned myself that he was going a couple of weeks ago and have been quietly excited by the aquisitions we have already bought and the prospect of others coming in. So if he stays excellent but when he goes then life doesn't looks so bad after all.

Mikey M

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Aug 16 2013, 18:29

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10246379/Andre-Villas-Boas-rules-Gareth-Bale-out-of-Spurs-first-three-games-as-stand-off-increases-over-forwards-future.html

My take is that, like someone else said on here, if we announce that we have sold Bale for x amount of pounds, the price would shoot up for whoever we want to buy, Soldado, we had to meet the get out clause, but for a proven goalscorer that looked the part after only one friendly, money well spent. We didn't get 4th with Bale, so is it desperate that we keep him? Lets get more class players in and sell to Madrid at the eleventh hour, because if the above article is true, then the ungrateful Welsh prick can go with my blessing, looks like his just refusing to play for us and that is not on.

Post by totalytot on Fri Aug 16 2013, 20:17

I think most people believe he wont be playing for us anymore. Only those with their head in the clouds think otherwise. He wouldn't be any good for us this season now anyway. It strikes me that it's a worse situation than the Modric one at least he played on and quite well although he was dissapointed.

A bit ironic if he came back as part of the deal?

The interesting thing about that article Dave is that AVB is expecting more players in.

A couple of months ago I would have felt quite sick about Bale going as I always looked forward to him playing. He was without doubt the most exciting player in the prem last year. But like most things in life, we move on.

I thank him for the entertainment he provided and wish him well. I just wish he had the balls to say "I have loved it here and the fans but who wouldn't want the opportunity to play for Real Madrid" I think most fans would have had a lot more respect for him.

Mikey M

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Aug 16 2013, 22:07

totalytot wrote:
    I think most people believe he wont be playing for us anymore. Only those with their head in the clouds think otherwise. He wouldn't be any good for us this season now anyway. It strikes me that it's a worse situation than the Modric one at least he played on and quite well although he was dissapointed.

A bit ironic if he came back as part of the deal?

The interesting thing about that article Dave is that AVB is expecting more players in.

A couple of months ago I would have felt quite sick about Bale going as I always looked forward to him playing. He was without doubt the most exciting player in the prem last year. But like most things in life, we move on.

I thank him for the entertainment he provided and wish him well. I just wish he had the balls to say "I have loved it here and the fans but who wouldn't want the opportunity to play for Real Madrid" I think most fans would have had a lot more respect for him.

Mikey M
    And that's what hurts Mikey, all that hugging AVB when scored against the Hammers, as soon as Madrid flashed their lashes, mentally he was gone. A lot of people forget that in the 6 years he was with us, we got one good season and one fantastic season, so when people say he owes us nothing, that's bollocks.

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:26

bang on dj

aswell as bale played last season. it did come at a cost.

the whole team seem to wait for bale to do something. we became to rellaint on him.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:56

Loughtonguy wrote:bang on dj

aswell as bale played last season. it did come at a cost.

the whole team seem to wait for bale to do something.  we became to rellaint on him.

Lought, we have a much stronger TEAM, this season, hopefully Soldado can do the biz over here, like he did in Spain, but from what I saw, his movement and touch is more then suited to the prem.

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 17 2013, 03:31

yep i agree.
    we got a better team. hopefully share the goals around.

no more 1 man team bollocks

Post by totalytot on Sat Aug 17 2013, 06:49

Loughtonguy wrote:yep i agree.
    we got a better team.   hopefully share the goals around.

no more 1 man team bollocks
    Who's fault is that Lought. If the management had done a year ago what they have done in the last few weeks then we would have made top 4 and Bale would not have wanted to leave....probably?

We needed to build on previous seasons positions but we didn't.

I also think that the team was not good enough and Bale's goals saved us from middle table. If we had the players we have now last season Bale would have been even better.

But you are right about we have a team and I think we will do well this season.... I hope. However I don't expect miracles in the first few games as the new players have only had the one game together so far and will take time and we could drop a few silly points in the early matches but after that I hope we start a roll.

Mikey M
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Aug 18 2013, 04:28

17 August 2013 Last updated at 12:26

Gareth Bale: Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti happy with squad

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti says the club do not need any more players, despite being heavily linked with Tottenham forward Gareth Bale.

Ancelotti confirmed that Real were in talks to sign Bale earlier this month.

Bale's camp told Spurs in late July that the 24-year-old wanted to speak to Real, who were reportedly set to break the £80m world record to sign him.

But Ancelotti, who was appointed this summer, said: "I'm very happy with the squad. We don't need any more players."

Speaking in the news conference before Sunday's league opener against Real Betis, the former Chelsea boss continued: "The important thing is to create a style of play that is comfortable for my players.

"Our objective is not only to win but to also play beautiful attacking football."

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has already criticised Real Madrid this summer for going public in their interest in Wales international Bale, who has missed most of pre-season with a foot injury.

He added: "Carlo is a person I appreciate a lot and we have great respect for each other but, bearing in mind this situation, they have decided to make it public.

"Normally, situations like this in England are scrutinised by the Football Association with lots of care and attention. We have seen lots of people speaking about a player that is not theirs and we are due some respect."

Bale will miss Tottenham's opening Premier League fixture against Crystal Palace on Sunday, with Villas-Boas saying he was hopeful the former Southampton left-back would stay.

"We've been very, very clear regarding the player and our willingness to hold onto him," he told Sky Sports.

"Anything can happen in football but this is a player we cherish a lot. He has helped us progress and ideally we want to continue with him."

Bale played the first half of Tottenham's pre-season friendly against Swindon on 16 July but not played for the White Hart Lane club since and also missed Wales' 0-0 draw with Republic of Ireland on Wednesday.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Aug 20 2013, 21:54

Has this all been just a publicity stunt to appease the ticket season holders for renewal?

Barca had just signed Naymar and hey presto, suddenly Bale is on Madrid's wish list.

Lets face it, with the options they have, they certainly don't need him.

vis

Post by vis on Tue Aug 20 2013, 22:16

Mudrid have been their usual underhanded selfs Dave. Unsettle a player to appease their own selfish ego. It really is time Uefa & Fifa looked into this clubs behaviour and finacial set-up. Regardless of Bale staying, or not, we have had another pre-season (alla La Modric) of these Spanish conquistodors messing OUR club around and, quite frankly, I have had enough and totally disrespect this allegedly famous (unReal) club . . . .

Post by totalytot on Wed Aug 21 2013, 05:04

I agree Vis that Fifa or Eufa should look into the way RM go about unsettling players and clubs. However I think we are the ones dragging this one out. They made an offer for Bale of 80 mil a few weeks ago and we said no deal. If we intend to sell him why didn't we do it then it would have saved all this unsettling of the players and fans.

I know Levy wants the best deal but that was a good offer and we could have been done with all this is he or isn't he going.

Mikey M

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 22 2013, 10:37

Bale to be confirmed as Real Madrid player in next couple of hours! 93 with a player or 106 without

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Thu Aug 22 2013, 16:36

Loughtonguy wrote:Bale to be confirmed as Real Madrid player in next couple of hours! 93 with a player or 106 without
    Where you hear that Lought? All that Im hearing is that his future will be sorted in the next couple of days. All I know is they are welcome to him, feigning injury to protect himself for a potential move is total disrespect to the club that backed him for the 4 years before he came good, he can stick his heart shaped celebration up his arse.

vis

Post by vis on Thu Aug 22 2013, 23:28

Gareth Bale: Real Madrid and Spurs talks at advanced stage
    By Ben Smith and David Ornstein BBC Sport

Tottenham and Real Madrid are in advanced talks over a deal to take winger Gareth Bale to the Bernabeu.

The transfer has yet to be agreed, but it could happen in the coming days and is set to eclipse the £80m world record fee Real paid Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.

Wales international Bale, 24, is determined to join the Spanish club.

He has not travelled for Thursday's Europa League tie with Dinamo Tbilisi in Georgia because of a foot problem.

It is an injury that kept Bale out of Tottenham's entire pre-season programme and the Premier League opener at Crystal Palace.

Spurs have spent about £60m on players so far this summer and have broken the club's transfer record twice.

Any deal will not be announced before Real's friendly with Qatar side Al Sadd on Thursday. The match will mark the return of Real legend and leading scorer Raul, who now plays for Al Sadd.

The number 11 shirt, which Bale wears at White Hart Lane, has been left vacant at Real Madrid in the expectation their new record signing will take it on his arrival.

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23 2013, 00:24

heard it on talksport about 12 am when i was driving home.
    they dont want to corfirm it today because its raul testiomlal

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Aug 23 2013, 01:32

Loughtonguy wrote:heard it on talksport about 12 am when i was driving home.
    they dont want to corfirm it today because its raul testiomlal

A lot of experts are saying that he is going to struggle with the pressure.
    Being the most expensive player ever is going to mean Marca camped
    outside his house 24/7, no privacy for him and his young family, no little
    trips to the seaside. His gonna get very homesick living in a goldfish bowl.

vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 03:56

Dave if he makes his bed then he will have to lay in it. As Spurs fans we know he's good but is he £80M+ good? We also know he is an unassuming type of character. Mudrid could destroy him but could also make him a global superstar. If he goes he goes, good luck to him, but if he has feigned injury etc to enginner the move then that shows a complete lack of class . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:09

was clear he wanted to go because he not said anything all summer.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Aug 23 2013, 08:38

Loughtonguy wrote:was clear he wanted to go because he not said anything all summer.

Damn right, they all want their cake and eat it, don't want to spoil his relationship with the Spurs fans, too late sunshine, your way past that, I really hope he goes now, never feel the same again, bet AVB feels let down ,he indulged him last season and I thought Bale had a mutual respect, guess Bale is just another in a long line of money grabbing glory hunters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20 2017, 18:47