The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

AVB Still At The Lane

vis

AVB Still At The Lane

Post by vis on Mon Aug 19 2013, 04:39

Andre Villas-Boas: I turned down Real Madrid for Tottenham

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS has revealed he turned down offers to leave Tottenham this summer.

Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid both showed interested in Villas-Boas but the 35-year-old wanted to stay at White Hart Lane so he could finally experience a second season at a club.

His only season at Porto – during which he won three trophies – earned him his short spell at Chelsea, before Spurs offered a route back to management after being sacked.

But he could have moved for a third time in as many seasons and said: “There was a decision to make. But this is my first opportunity to start a second year in the same club. That can give me an advantage and is something I want to try."

He says continuing to work with chairman Daniel Levy and the technical director Franco Baldini was a big factor.

“I have an excellent group of players and the conditions and structures we have are fantastic,” he said.

“The arrival of Franco Baldini takes us to another level. I have great respect for the club and for Daniel and these are the reasons I told the couple of clubs that came knocking I wasn’t interested.”

Real target Gareth Bale is injured for tomorrow’s match at Crystal Palace and Emmanuel Adebayor is also set to miss the clash as he has been given compassionate leave following the death of his brother.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Re: AVB Still At The Lane

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 19 2013, 06:59

love the guy. love hes passion. so glad levy backing him.

vis

Post by vis on Mon Aug 19 2013, 07:06

I'd like to think he's going to be here for a long time Lought and build something special.
    But, hey ho, this is football in the 21st Century so I ain't counting me cockerils just yet lol.
    Still it's refreshing to see him say he wants to develop something at The Lane though . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22 2017, 13:50