The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptyTue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptyThu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread EmptyWed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread

vis
    vis

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread Empty Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread

Post by vis on Tue Aug 20 2013, 08:33

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread FC_Dinamo_Tbilisi  Versus  Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAXBlVIfYzseSTId52375TLHLQ_jfLKFUdlEGcrGre7nOgfaNm  Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread 9k=

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread 160px-Europa_league.svg

Thursday 22nd August 2013.
    Kick Off @ 1700hrs BST
    vis
    vis

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread Empty Re: Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread

Post by vis on Tue Aug 20 2013, 08:37

Link to Tbilisi's webage if any one can understand/translate Georgian . . . .

http://www.fcdinamo.ge/

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Aug 20 2013, 08:38

This looks like the home support for Thursday . . . .

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/ar/t21122.htm

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/1207-torpedo-kutaisi-dinamo-tbilisi-04112012.html

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 20 2013, 09:10

are they any good.

i read somewhere that they are meant to be decent.

hope we get the tie won so we can rest a few players for the home leg ready to face the moaners lol
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Aug 20 2013, 09:54

Champions of Georgia I think Lought. Ex-Soviet league stalwarts. If that means anything I'm not sure. Trickyish tie but one we should be able to see through . . . .

FC Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgian: თბილისის დინამო) is a Georgian football team, based in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.

Dinamo Tbilisi was one of the most prominent clubs in Soviet football and a major contender in the Soviet Top League almost immediately after it was established in 1936. The club was then part of one of the leading sport societies in Soviet Union, the All-Union Dynamo sports society which had several other divisions beside football and was sponsored by the Soviet Ministry of Internal Affairs. Its main claim to European fame was winning the Cup Winners' Cup in 1981, beating FC Carl Zeiss Jena of East Germany 2–1 in the final in Düsseldorf. Throughout its history, FC Dinamo Tbilisi produced many famous Soviet players: Boris Paichadze, Avtandil Gogoberidze, Shota Iamanidze, Tengiz Sulakvelidze, Vitali Daraselia, Vladimir Gutsaev, David Kipiani, Mikheil Meskhi, Ramaz Shengelia, Alexandre Chivadze, Slava Metreveli, Murtaz Khurtsilava. After the break-up of the Soviet Union, it would later produce some of the finest Georgian players such as Temuri Ketsbaia, Kakha Kaladze, Shota Arveladze, Giorgi Kinkladze.

FC Dinamo Tbilisi was one of a handful of teams in the Soviet Top League (along with FC Dynamo Moscow and Dynamo Kyiv) that were never relegated. Their most famous coach was Nodar Akhalkatsi, who led the team to the Soviet title in 1978, two Soviet cups (1976 and 1979), and the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1981. He was also one of three co-coaches of the Soviet Union National Team during the FIFA World Cup in 1982. FC Dinamo Tbilisi are also 14-time Georgian league champions and 9-time Georgian Cup holders (the current record).

n 2009 the club beat FC Olimpi Rustavi and won the Georgian Cup.

In January 2011, FC Dinamo Tbilisi was purchased by a businessman called Roman Pipia. That year, the club successfully played in the UEFA Europa League qualifying rounds, but unfortunately were not able to overcome AEK Athens F.C. in the play-off round.

After a bad performance in the Georgian championship of 2011-2012, Dinamo could not qualify for any UEFA competitions for the 2012-13 season.

The new president of FC Dinamo Tbilisi immediately started the modernization of the club, starting with the reconstruction of the Digomi training ground. After the reconstruction, the training ground is one of the best in the region. The Dinamo Arena was reconstructed as well. The pitch surface was changed with a new specially adapted surface for the local climate. The reconstruction work is still in progress, and after it ends, the Dinamo Arena will become the sports center of the capital. Soon the newly-renovated Youth Academy will start functioning.

The most important basis is laid for the future prosperity in Dinamo.

From Wikipedia so may not be wholly accurate mate . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23 2013, 02:14

Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose; Capoue, Paulinho; Townsend, Dembele, Sigurdsson; Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Fryers, Walker, Carroll, Chadli, Coulthirst, Kane.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Aug 23 2013, 02:20

Loughtonguy wrote:Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose; Capoue, Paulinho; Townsend, Dembele, Sigurdsson; Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Fryers, Walker, Carroll, Chadli, Coulthirst, Kane.
    UM 4-3-3

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 02:40

Gareth Bale, linked with a world-record move to Real Madrid, is still missing for Tottenham with a foot injury.

The Wales attacker, 24, has not played for Spurs since scoring in a pre-season friendly against Swindon on 16 July.

Defender Jan Vertonghen (ankle) and midfield pair Aaron Lennon and Sandro (foot and knee respectively) will also miss the trip to Georgia.

Lewis Holtby and Benoit Assou-Ekotto are both missing with knee injuries, while Emmanuel Adebayor is also out.

The striker is still short of match fitness after a spell of compassionate leave.

Dinamo Tbilisi won their domestic title last season, but dropped into the Europa League following a 3-1 aggregate defeat by Romanian side Steaua Bucharest in the third round of the Champions League qualifying.

Xisco Munoz's 24 league goals were key to their success in the Georgian Premier League in 2012-13 and the Spaniard scored four minutes into injury-time to ensure Dinamo began their defence with a 2-1 win over Zestafoni.

Tottenham last played Dinamo Tbilisi in November 1973 when they travelled to Georgia in the third round of the Uefa Cup.

Ralph Coates scored for the visitors before Dinamo equalised with 17 minutes to go, but Tottenham progressed after a 5-1 second-leg win back at White Hart Lane.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 03:00

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread 2Q==

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGfXJi9pXOZu_pMGNqAuvt8uZscrnVGQvehizHyDyskQvzxu4d7w

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-2RoH3hw5yY7NoDuhpU1vA5uGuSb2aVOqPcnGIX4LCtulpI202Q

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23 2013, 03:49

towsend done more in 1 half then lennon done in 15 games.

the boys are playing well.

like the look of paulino. naughton doing well. but towsend been man of the match so far.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 03:51

Good 1st half for us. Capoute started well. Townsend has been outstanding. Brilliant 1st goal and the 2nd was sweet as. Lots of moves haven't quite come off but the more these players get match time together the more the little flicks, through balls & runs will come off. I like the fact that Soldado stays central and doesn't drift to the wings . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23 2013, 03:57

good point about soldado stayin central but its because we have more balance now on the left.

now lets get another goal so we can rest a few players next week ready for the arsenal game
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:02

A very good win. I didn't expect things to be that convincining.
    Gotta wait for official MOM but I think all of us would agree it was Townsend.
    Chadli looked lively when he came on. It was good to see Kaboul back . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:05

yep. towsend for me. great to see kaboul back.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:05

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread _69437340_69434250

Roberto Soldado continued his fine start at Tottenham by scoring twice as his side outclassed a poor Dinamo Tbilisi to take control of their Europa League qualifying play-off tie.

Andros Townsend served a reminder of his value by scoring on the counter attack after 12 minutes before crossing for Paulinho and Soldado finishes.

Dinamo rarely threatened with Jaba Dvali's header saved by Hugo Lloris.

But Danny Rose's strike and a Soldado tap-in looked to have settled the tie.

More to follow.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:10

Lloris was outstanding as well I have to say . . . .

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 06:02

Another team in the making? AVB does seem to foster team spirit and this picture shows that . . . .

Dinamo Tbilisi Away Match Thread _69437342_69437341

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 06:03

Roberto Soldado continued his fine start at Tottenham by scoring twice as his side outclassed a poor Dinamo Tbilisi to take control of their Europa League qualifying play-off tie.

Andros Townsend served a reminder of his value by scoring on the counter attack after 12 minutes before crossing for Paulinho and Soldado finishes.

Dinamo rarely threatened with Jaba Dvali's header saved by Hugo Lloris.

But Danny Rose's strike and a Soldado tap-in look to have settled the tie.

Spurs could have made it six when substitute Harry Kane hit the bar late on following Nacer Chadli's lofted cross.

Once Andre Villas-Boas's side established their superiority at the end of the first half, they had few worries.

Soldado, who joined Tottenham from Valencia for a record £26m fee and scored 24 goals in 35 games last season, picked up where he left off by netting on his debut in a 1-0 Premier League win at Crystal Palace on Sunday.

And with Gareth Bale set to join Real Madrid, the emphatic scoreline in Georgia showed that Villas-Boas' side have a depth that they perhaps lacked last season when the Welsh winger was a talismanic presence.

In addition to Soldado, Spurs have also recruited Etienne Capoue, who impressed on his full debut, while other summer signings Chadli and Paulinho were effective.

Tottenham will face far sterner tests this season, but the performance of Townsend will also offer his manager encouragement.

Townsend, who is a Spurs Academy graduate, has only made a handful of appearances since signing professional forms in 2008 and has been on loan at nine different clubs.

But with Bale close to leaving and Aaron Lennon injured, the 22-year-old made the most of his opportunity on a rare European start.

The visitors survived a scare before they went ahead, when Younes Kaboul deflected Elguja Grigalashvili's shot after a decent run, and when the opener came it was moments after a Dinamo corner.

Gylfi Sigurdsson cleared the set piece, but with men drawn forward, Townsend latched onto the loose ball in his own half, raced forward and cut inside a defender to fire in from 22 yards.

It was a classy strike, and settled any Spurs nerves as Villas-Boas attempts to repeat the Europa League title win he achieved while in charge of Porto in 2011.

Georgia's champions Dinamo, who dropped into the Europa League after losing a Champions League third qualifying round tie to Steaua Bucharest, were denied when Lloris had to make a fine stop following Dvali's stooped header before the half-hour mark.

Just before half-time, the hosts lost their top scorer from last season, Xisco, to injury and were blunt in attack afterwards.

And two minutes before the break, Townsend found space down the right, turned to put a Dinamo defender on his backside and then chipped in to the unmarked Paulinho, who headed in.

Tottenham looked comfortable from the start of the second half and put the game beyond reach after 58 minutes when Townsend dribbled to the byline and cut the ball back to Soldado for an easy finish.

Rose fired superbly into the top corner after good work by substitute Chadli just before the hour mark, and then Soldado grabbed his third goal in two games when he tucked in at the back post following Chadli's fizzing cross.

There were isolated chances for Dinamo's Giorgi Merebashvili and Grigalashvili but Lloris was determined to keep a clean sheet with two fine stops.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 06:05

Time for Townsend?

Tottenham Academy graduate Andros Townsend has been on loan at nine clubs since signing a professional contract in 2008: Yeovil, Leyton Orient, MK Dons, Ipswich, Watford, Millwall, Leeds, Birmingham and QPR

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23 2013, 09:46

Lloris - 8 2 world class saves
    Naughton - 7 steady game.
    Dawson - 8
    Kaboul - 7 tired towards the end
    Rose - 7.5 great goal.

Townsend - 8.5 man of the match.
    Paulinho - 8 he loves to get forward. he was everywhere
    Capoue - 8 another sandro
    Dembele - 7 hes got such good feet.
    Sigurdsson - 5 he tried but nothing came off for him

Soldado - 8 right place to score 2 goals. that what you want from a striker

--

Chadli - 8 got 2 assits nearly 3 if kane had scored
    Carroll - n/a
    Kane - unlucky not to score with that header. been inpressed with him recently

towsend. he knows when to pass, when to cut in. hes looking more promsiing then lennon

lennon wil stop then pass back. or hes final ball will let him down.

towsend deserves a prem start soon
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 10:09

Agree with your ratings Lought . . . .

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Aug 26 2013, 08:25

From Spurs official wesite.
    MOM - Andros Townsend.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matchcentre/dinamo-tbilisi-vs-tottenham-hotspur-22082013/

I'm stuggling to find a website that posts up easy to track down match reports with a Man of the Match award so this may vary for a few weeks I'm afraid . . . .

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 26 2013, 09:01

vis its because the sun website now charges you £1 a month to use there site.

only other way is to look in the sun or try the sun dream team twitter page.
    you dont need to have twitter to view .

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 26 2013, 09:06

brad
    naughton kaboul fryers ekotto

siggy carrol sandro chadi

defoe kane

sub gomez dawson dembelle lennon towsend
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Aug 26 2013, 09:44

Opps lol meant to put my last post in predictions. D'oh . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16 2019, 20:17